Jim Alexander

1 John Lambie

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very poor OF notification of events indeed.

No Thistle Director should have to suffer such a "Cheerio and Goodbye" put downer.

I sincerely hope that sufficient pressure is exerted to get to the bottom of this maneouvering?

I rarely saw eye to eye with JJ but one thing is certain, the guy is Thistle through and through, yesterday, today and I trust tomorrow.............for ever and ever.............

Just when everything was looking positive at the club, this happens.

I'm totally lost for words. Will prbobaly never believe anything that comes out of Beattie's mouth from now on.

I home Hughes, McMaster et all are proud of themselves for doing their level best to ruin our club.

As has been stated previously the Trust voted for keeping Jim (and everyone else for that matter) and also that members of the Trust Board also used their own personal shareholdings to vote for Jim as well.

We had been made aware on Friday night by Tom Hughes that Jim was facing the posibility of being voted out based on the proxies he had recieved up until that point. Also looks like the rest of the PTFC BOD voted against him as well.

Unfortunatly I wasn't able to make it today after being called into work at half 8, so I need to wait for feedback from those who had attended before I know more.

As has been stated previously the Trust voted for keeping Jim (and everyone else for that matter) and also that members of the Trust Board also used their own personal shareholdings to vote for Jim as well.

We had been made aware on Friday night by Tom Hughes that Jim was facing the posibility of being voted out based on the proxies he had recieved up until that point. Also looks like the rest of the PTFC BOD voted against him as well.

Unfortunatly I wasn't able to make it today after being called into work at half 8, so I need to wait for feedback from those who had attended before I know more.

Thanks for clarifying, Donald.

Not strictly true.

From The Jags Blog: Messrs Hughes, Gilfillan and Prentice have 1,000,000 shares each. The Trust still has its million and Beattie and Bannerman hold almost a million more between them. Allan Cowan has never added to his relatively tiny holding of 50,000.

Jim was removed on a vote of just over 4 million to just over 1 million.

From the rumours I've heard, Prentice's name has never came into it.

Neither have Gilfillan and Bannerman.

I was told by the person who attended today, that upon the annoucement, Jim stood up, shook Grant Bannerman's hand and left the room? He did not shake David Beattie's who had just made the announcement.

It should be noted that as fans, all we will do is speculate, a club statement will not be made as... this is the first time in ever(?) that the re-election of Board members was done on a secret ballot.

* Outside the boardroom, the 1,000,000 McMaster shares are now divided among Brown’s children, although newspaper reports last year claimed he tried to transfer them to Norman Springford. Norman and Dorothy Springford still have 500,000 shares each, as does former chairman Jim Oliver and Thomas Longley, who inherited them from Duncan Stewart. Lord Kelvin, a Propco investor, has purchased 200,000.

Edited by potty trained

Confused as to why Jim A was voted on to the Board in the first place only to be voted off. From what I know of Jim he's a straight down the middle guy with largely unwavering opinions. What was so good a year or so ago that's so bad now? :unsure:

Bear in mind that the appointment of directors outside of the AGM cycle would be done by a vote by the Board of Directors at that present moment rather than by the shareholders.

Just stinks of personal vendettas and to hell if it hurts the Club or not. Hughes influence at our Club is cancerous.

I'm inclined to agree with Will. And to those honourable gentlemen here's a little thought:

Napoleon once said, when asked to explain the lack of great statesmen in the world, that "to get power you need to display absolute pettiness; to exercise power, you need to show true greatness."

And therein lies the problem at Firhill as in so many walks of life. Too much pettiness. Not enough greatness

Not strictly true.

From The Jags Blog: Messrs Hughes, Gilfillan and Prentice have 1,000,000 shares each. The Trust still has its million and Beattie and Bannerman hold almost a million more between them. Allan Cowan has never added to his relatively tiny holding of 50,000. ...

The last print from Companies House that I have to hand dates from December 2008. At that time, there were c. 9M issued "B" shares in circulation. The key shareholders were as follows (in no particular order):

Eddie Prentice: 1m

Tom Hughes (held by Arch Investments): 1m

Ronnie Gilfillan: 1m

Jags Trust: 1m

Jim Oliver: 500k

David Beattie: 500k

Grant Bannerman: 420k

Each of John, Jill, Thomas (this is not Brown) & Jean McMaster: 260k each

Dorothy Springford: 500k

Norman Springford: 500K

Duncan Stewart: 500k

Robert Smith (Lord Smith of Kelvin): 200k

Allan Cowan: 50k

Jim Alexander (held by Environmental Air Conditioning): 20k

Clearly, not everyone will have voted, and I expect that the majority of the major shareholders listed above who did vote, will have done so by proxy. To whom those proxies were given and on what basis they were given, I don't know.

Make of that what you will.

Donald, when the Trust were contacted was it a case of "Jim might get voted out and we don't want that so will the Trust vote for him" or just a casual query over how the Trust planned to use its vote?

• Members

The last print from Companies House that I have to hand dates from December 2008. At that time, there were c. 9M issued "B" shares in circulation. The key shareholders were as follows (in no particular order):

Eddie Prentice: 1m

Tom Hughes (held by Arch Investments): 1m

Ronnie Gilfillan: 1m

Jags Trust: 1m

Jim Oliver: 500k

David Beattie: 500k

Grant Bannerman: 420k

Each of John, Jill, Thomas (this is not Brown) & Jean McMaster: 260k each

Dorothy Springford: 500k

Norman Springford: 500K

Duncan Stewart: 500k

Robert Smith (Lord Smith of Kelvin): 200k

Allan Cowan: 50k

Jim Alexander (held by Environmental Air Conditioning): 20k

Clearly, not everyone will have voted, and I expect that the majority of the major shareholders listed above who did vote, will have done so by proxy. To whom those proxies were given and on what basis they were given, I don't know.

Make of that what you will.

Is the 4 million to 1 million vote fact then or just a rumour that means 3 million votes weren't cast either way?

Is the 4 million to 1 million vote fact then or just a rumour that means 3 million votes weren't cast either way?

Will - I was not present at the meeting. The information I posted was simply obtained from Companies House. I expect that whoever was running the meeting would have required to announce the results of the vote since it does not appear to have been a unanimous decision. Perhaps someone who attended could confirm either way.