Team V Queens...

Vom Itorium

According to the BBC website Archie is out for tomorrow along with Robbo, Kinniburgh and Erskine. They also say that we will be including a trialist in the squad. Could be a bit light at the back for this one.

Shocker! Defence is going to be Paton, Boyle, Balatoni & AN Other...MacNamara. It would be a very young defence if we put in an under 19. Or maybe even mcGowan but again that would be a very young & inexperienced back 4 against Derek Holmes whos a bit of a bully up front & Colin McMenamin, one of the sharpest strikers in the division!

BBC is not the most accurate source. If is true we will go 3-5-2 to cope.

Not disagreeing but it says a lot about our supposedly threadbare squad that even with three centrebacks out injured we could still play a 3-5-2 formation.

Not exactly got that luxury at the other end of the park.

By my reckoning we could choose any three from McNamara, McGeough, Boyle, McGowan, Balatoni, Maxwell & Lochhead.

According to the BBC website Archie is out for tomorrow along with Robbo, Kinniburgh and Erskine. They also say that we will be including a trialist in the squad. Could be a bit light at the back for this one.

Surely they all could'nt have got injured on Saturday? (Erskine, Archie and Robbo all played 90 mins)

Maybe the team news from original date? (It is BBC after all)

Not disagreeing but it says a lot about our supposedly threadbare squad that even with three centrebacks out injured we could still play a 3-5-2 formation.

Not exactly got that luxury at the other end of the park.

By my reckoning we could choose any three from McNamara, McGeough, Boyle, McGowan, Balatoni, Maxwell & Lochhead.

Think it would be Balatoni, McNamara, Boyle if this is true with Hodge going to left-wingback.

Cowdenbeath are at home to Dundee, hopefully they will not pick up any points.

Players out tonight Cairney and Kinniburgh. Why bother with the bbc! :mad2:

Intersting that Cairney's out. I'd have dropped him anyway. Team I'd pick (assuming OS is the real deal):

Fox

Paton Robbo Archie Paddy

Flannigan McGowan Rowser Hodge

Grehan Dooooolan

Subs: Shepherd, Balatoni, McGeoch, Erskine, Fraser

Edited by Mr Bunny

We played relatively well at Palmerston a few weeks ago and were unlucky not to come away with the win. We did have young Shepherd in goals that day, although he was hardly to blame for the goals we conceded (well, maybe the equaliser but that's perhaps a wee bit harsh).

The two injuries reported on the website are pretty much irrelevant and, if anything, are of benefit to us; Robertson has covered well for Kinniburgh and Cairney has been ineffectual for months. Flannigan had a good game when he replaced Erskine in the last Queens fixture so I would expect him to start tonight. I thought McGowan had a decent game on Saturday and he gives us another attacking option with his long throw.

I think we'll win tonight...

How small is the crowd going to be tonight? Whoever arranged this for the same night of the second leg of the most anticipated fixture in European football needs their head examined.

I'm going to tape the Arsenal match, turn my phone off and sit in isolation miles away from anyone in the sprasely populated stand to avoid the score from the Nou Camp.

It's freezing outside as well :mad2:

Match preview on the official site makes no mention of trialists or injury to Archie.

Glad Cairney wont be playing, he should be dropped for a few weeks.

We must start with Flannigan tonight, he seems to be able to score against them. My Bunny's team is the one I would go with.

How small is the crowd going to be tonight? Whoever arranged this for the same night of the second leg of the most anticipated fixture in European football needs their head examined.

I'm going to tape the Arsenal match, turn my phone off and sit in isolation miles away from anyone in the sprasely populated stand to avoid the score from the Nou Camp.

It's freezing outside as well :mad2:

I'm going to find you and give you updates on the Arsenal game.

.............................Fox

Paton.....Robertson.....Archibald.....Boyle

........McGowan.....Rowson.....Hodge

....................Flannigan

................Grehan.....Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Balatoni

McNamara/Campbell/McGeough

Erskine

Fraser

Brave!

I'd go 4-4-2 and have McGeough at right mid. Flannigan at left mid (or Erskine if he can't play there) wi McGowan and Rowser in the middle. Id even consider startin Frazer in place of Doolan or Grehan but cant see McCall doin that. Main thing for tonight...go for the win Thistle!

The match preview - http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/2797-team-v-queens/page__st__20

“Paul Cairney will miss out tonight with a slight groin strain but he should be fine for Saturday but I’m not sure that he would have played tonight anyway. Our only other injured player is Willie Kinniburgh who is suspended in any case. We are fortunate to have a player like John Robertson, who played so well on Saturday and has been unlucky not to have played more, to come in.”

So the BBC report is nonsense.