Queens

Lookie HERE and HERE

I'm fairly sure this is more alarming for their fans than they anticipated. Given that these accounts are up to only end of last season (tho' that probably includes previous losses) and they've most definitely run up significant debts this season, they must be in some state.

Any further sugar daddy input from Rae and his cronies look certain to be paying off the bank and is less likely to be used to bolster their squad.

I don't like to rejoice in others misery (unless of course it's coming from up in Sandeman St) but I don't believe we'll be entirely alone next season with a threadbare player budget.

That's sad to see but this only strenghtens the argument for summer football. Queens went about three months without a home game due to the horrendous weather. How are clubs supposed to survive when they are starved of their only constant source of income for that length of time?

But hey, it's only wee diddy Queen Of The South. As long as the huge, well run clubs like Motherwell and Dundee are allowed to prosper. :rolleyes:

That's sad to see but this only strenghtens the argument for summer football. Queens went about three months without a home game due to the horrendous weather. How are clubs supposed to survive when they are starved of their only constant source of income for that length of time?

But hey, it's only wee diddy Queen Of The South. As long as the huge, well run clubs like Motherwell and Dundee are allowed to prosper. :rolleyes:

"But the statement did reveal hopes of retuning the club, who play in the Irn Bru Scottish Football League Division One, to profitability in the future"

Thats crazy...how do they expect to go from £750k loss to £1.2m loss to making profit in the foreseeable future.

Where do you gain that sort of money from overnight other than selling your ground & hoping Tesco buy it?

The BBC report makes it look worse than it is with their wording. They didn't lose £1.2million in a year they lost around £400k to make their total debt £1.2million.

It's still not ideal for them right enough. Hopefully clubs like Queens are forced to make massive cuts in the summer so we're not the only ones with a tiny playing budget as the 1st one to blink will struggle to stay in the division.

"But the statement did reveal hopes of retuning the club, who play in the Irn Bru Scottish Football League Division One, to profitability in the future"

Thats crazy...how do they expect to go from £750k loss to £1.2m loss to making profit in the foreseeable future.

Where do you gain that sort of money from overnight other than selling your ground & hoping Tesco buy it?

Errrr...you sell the ground to a group of Queens minded businessmen...who then develop it out as flats.

Personally, I hope they pull through. Dumfries is still the best day out on the calendar and the locals are genuine, well-meaning souls. It's also a relatively short journey for me (132 miles door-to-door), and since Gretna went titties up only the arrival of Annan has given us a day at the Borders.

Financially, it does seem a bit of a challenge though. I can't realistically see any club in the country turning things around in the next few years based on a business strategy alone.

Being nosey I had a look at Morton's accounts and they made a loss of £385,000 to May 2010 and currently owe £1,150,000 to a holding company which is nearly totalled owned by their Chairman.

The question that I would ask is what has this level of spending achieved them - their stadiums are not exactly superb, I don't believe that there is a conveyor belt of young players at either club in the way Hibs or Hamilton have had recently and they have not exactly been challenging for the title (Queens had a good Scottish Cup run recently but Morton have finished below us every season since McCall has been our manager thus far) :unknw:

No sympathy from me for QoS - just R*ngers fans who can't afford bus fare.

Remember the game when at half time the announcer read out the old firm score from earlier in the day (which Gers had won) and there was a huge cheer from home support - biggest cheer of the day.

Wouldn't bother me if they went same way as Gretna.

Was on Falkirk's forum to see if there was any idea when last evening's match would be rearranged for and came across this topic:

http://www.onefinfalkirk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24729&sid=4a675f2d98268ff627af0b1c4a29fc0d

Given that it looks very much like they won't be promoted you have to ask what action in terms of wages, squad size will they need to take in the summer?

Do Falkirk own their stadium or is it wholly / partly owned by Falkirk Council? Certainly the Council have offices in the stadium.

The following is scary from their board:

"I heard recently that Bullen was on around three grand a week in 08/09.

The club initially tried to cut some of that cash by releasing Lovell, dumping Bullen in the reserves and paying off McCann. And bringing in cheap loanees such as Marceta, Finbog and McDonald. Unfortunately the money saved was used to pay cash for Twaddle."

Was on Falkirk's forum to see if there was any idea when last evening's match would be rearranged for and came across this topic:

http://www.onefinfalkirk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24729&sid=4a675f2d98268ff627af0b1c4a29fc0d

Given that it looks very much like they won't be promoted you have to ask what action in terms of wages, squad size will they need to take in the summer?

I heard from a reliable source that for Falkirk's match at Dingwall a few weeks ago somebody offered to cover all the cost of their trip, paying for all the accommodation and meals, but only IF the bairns won. So the brown-shoed wizzard took the entire squad up to a smart hotel on the Friday, where they had dinner, breakfast, and lunch before the match. It all cost a pretty penny or two.

Guess the result.

:D

Edited by Jaggernaut

I heard from a reliable source that for Falkirk's match at Dingwall a few weeks ago somebody offered to cover all the cost of their trip, paying for all the accommodation and meals, but only IF the bairns won. So the brown-shoed wizzard took the entire squad up to a smart hotel on the Friday, where they had dinner, breakfast, and lunch before the match. It all cost a pretty penny or two.

Guess the result.

:D

That's made my day. :lol:

I reckon Dunfermline are going all out for promotion this season and could be in soapy bubble if they dont go up.

We should all be cheering on Raith.

That's made my day. :lol:

I reckon Dunfermline are going all out for promotion this season and could be in soapy bubble if they dont go up.

We should all be cheering on Raith.

I disagree, Dunfermline have just added to already massive debt but it's all covered and isn't to the bank or HMRC so they're not in any trouble unless the directors call in the debt which seems unlikely.

Raith on the other hand are nothing special as those of us there on Saturday or who have seen the highlights can see. I'd say it's in our best interests for Dunfermline to go up as I can't see Raith having another season like this whereas Dunfermline would have a bigger budget than them in the 1st.

I hope Dunfermline go up.

I disagree, Dunfermline have just added to already massive debt but it's all covered and isn't to the bank or HMRC so they're not in any trouble unless the directors call in the debt which seems unlikely.

Raith on the other hand are nothing special as those of us there on Saturday or who have seen the highlights can see. I'd say it's in our best interests for Dunfermline to go up as I can't see Raith having another season like this whereas Dunfermline would have a bigger budget than them in the 1st.

I hope Dunfermline go up.

Would it matter to us anyway? If the SPL get their way what will it mean for the chances of any club in SFL1 next season, no promotion?

Would it matter to us anyway? If the SPL get their way what will it mean for the chances of any club in SFL1 next season, no promotion?

I'd always been under the impression it would be 3 down/1 up but come to think of it I've no idea why I thought that. I'd like to hope the SFL wouldn't accept a season without at the very least a playoff for promotion.

I'd always been under the impression it would be 3 down/1 up but come to think of it I've no idea why I thought that. I'd like to hope the SFL wouldn't accept a season without at the very least a playoff for promotion.

Wasn't it Chairman Yorkston (Dunfermline) who, while they were in the SPL, emphasized that the game NEEDED promotion and relegation. I should add that they were already safe by then; I think it was at the time of the ICT/real Thistle debacle.

Wasn't it Chairman Yorkston (Dunfermline) who, while they were in the SPL, emphasized that the game NEEDED promotion and relegation. I should add that they were already safe by then; I think it was at the time of the ICT/real Thistle debacle.

Correct, but I think you're confusing the current Pars chairman John Yorkston with their chairman back when they were in the SPL. He was also called John Yorkston but they're quite easy to tell apart as they hold contrary views on the running of Scottish football.

Interesting approach to the presentation of their accounts. Unlike ours, it looks like they want folk to at least try to understand them.

Correct, but I think you're confusing the current Pars chairman John Yorkston with their chairman back when they were in the SPL. He was also called John Yorkston but they're quite easy to tell apart as they hold contrary views on the running of Scottish football.

Thank you for that clarification. Maybe they're non-identical twins.

So Falkirk have current just under £150k with just over £550k assets and over a million in liabilities, that's how I read it anyway. And that's just until May last year. I imagine with their drop from the SPL, lack of cup runs and postponements they'll be doing even worse. Also, the expenditure on brown shoe polish in a winter like this must have been mental.