The Change Of Shoot-Out

sigesige00

The present PK shoot-out is not a good way of deciding winners.

The shoot-out should be kicked not from the PK spot, but from the centre spot as the MLS in the USA did.

And, under the present rule, only 5 players kick. 5 is too small number. It should be 8, because there is the rule that the time when the number of one team is less than 8 the game is over.

And, there is no end-change. This is not fair, because of the supporters side may give the kickers some courage.

And, the order of kicking must not be ABABABABAB but ABBAABB... like Tennis' tie-break.

The shoot-out should be in this manner:

A team kick (1st)

B team kick (1st)

end change

B team kick (2nd)

A team kick (2nd)

A team kick (3rd)

B team kick (3rd)

end change

B team kick (4th)

A team kick (4th)

A team kick (5th)

B team kick (5th)

end change

B team kick (6th)

A team kick (6th)

A team kick (7th)

B team kick (7th)

end change

B team kick (8th)

A team kick (8th)

If there is still no winner after 16 kicks, then go to next stage

A team kick (1st)

B team kick (1st)

end change

B team kick (2nd)

A team kick (2nd)

This 4-kick decider continues until the winners are decided.

Edited by sigesige00

The shoot-out should be kicked not from the PK spot, but from the centre spot as the MLS in the USA did.And, under the present rule, only 5 players kick. 5 is too small number. It should be 8, because there is the rule that the time when the number of one team is less than 8 the game is over.

And, there is no end-change. This is not fair, because of the supporters side may give the kickers some courage.

And, the order of kicking must not be ABABABABAB but ABBAABB... like Tennis' tie-break.

A team kick (1st)

B team kick (1st)

end change

B team kick (2nd)

A team kick (2nd)

A team kick (3rd)

B team kick (3rd)

end change

B team kick (4th)

A team kick (4th)

A team kick (5th)

B team kick (5th)

end change

B team kick (6th)

A team kick (6th)

A team kick (7th)

B team kick (7th)

end change

B team kick (8th)

A team kick (8th)

A team kick (1th)

B team kick (1th)

end change

B team kick (2nd)

A team kick (2nd)

This is the 1th time I've heard that by the way.

The fact that they are a bit of a lottery is what makes them so good. If you made shoot-outs fairer then you'd end up with a draw and even more deliberation. Imagine after 8 penalties each it was still a tie, so you know that you're going to have to take at least two more each, and so on, it would be mental. If you can't beat a team after 120 mins (or in domestic cup games sometimes 210 minutes) then you deserve your fate to be decided in a lottery IMO.

The shoot-out should be kicked not from the PK spot, but from the centre spot as the MLS in the USA did.

And, under the present rule, only 5 players kick. 5 is too small number. It should be 8, because there is the rule that the time when the number of one team is less than 8 the game is over.

A team kick (1st)

B team kick (1st)

end change

B team kick (2nd)

A team kick (2nd)

A team kick (3rd)

B team kick (3rd)

end change

B team kick (4th)

A team kick (4th)

A team kick (5th)

B team kick (5th)

end change

B team kick (6th)

A team kick (6th)

A team kick (7th)

B team kick (7th)

end change

B team kick (8th)

A team kick (8th)

A team kick (1st)

B team kick (1st)

end change

B team kick (2nd)

A team kick (2nd)

write to Fifa & stop boring us with your nonsense :D

The present rule which allows draw is not fair.

Think about this situation:

A 2-0 B

A 0-2 B

C 1-1 D

C 1-1 D

A and B get 3 points; while C and D get only 2 points. The 3-point rule is very unfair. However, return to 2 points is unlikely. So we should go to alternative; complete abolition of draws, including league games.

Games like the World Cup Finals or 3rd Position Playoffs, the game should be decided by unlimited extra-time, because there is no next game. However, in other cases the winners (in the case of league games, both) have the next game. So extra-time is not a very good solution.

The present rule which allows draw is not fair.Think about this situation:A 2-0 BA 0-2 BC 1-1 DC 1-1 DA and B get 3 points; while C and D get only 2 points. The 3-point rule is very unfair. However, return to 2 points is unlikely. So we should go to alternative; complete abolition of draws, including league games.Games like the World Cup Finals or 3rd Position Playoffs, the game should be decided by unlimited extra-time, because there is no next game. However, in other cases the winners (in the case of league games, both) have the next game. So extra-time is not a very good solution.

:lol:

You crack me up!

:lol:

The present rule which allows draw is not fair.

Think about this situation:

A 2-0 B

A 0-2 B

C 1-1 D

C 1-1 D

A and B get 3 points; while C and D get only 2 points. The 3-point rule is very unfair. However, return to 2 points is unlikely. So we should go to alternative; complete abolition of draws, including league games.

Games like the World Cup Finals or 3rd Position Playoffs, the game should be decided by unlimited extra-time, because there is no next game. However, in other cases the winners (in the case of league games, both) have the next game. So extra-time is not a very good solution.

I do agree with no draws but I believe we should be revolutionary here and if a match finishes level it should be decided by a giant game of Ker-Plunk in the centre circle. Can you imagine the tension as captain Alan Archibald pulls out a giant straw and none of the giant marbles fall, then you would hear the crowd roar!! - Now that would bring the crowds back!!

sigesige00, whats your opinion on the colour of players socks?

I think players should wear red socks, red is the easiest colour to recognise, when players head is down, they only need to look up for the red socks, to make pass?

Can you find statistics that confirm, player in red socks complete the most passes?

Players in black socks do not!

I know i am right.

sigesige00, whats your opinion on the colour of players socks?

I think players should wear red socks, red is the easiest colour to recognise, when players head is down, they only need to look up for the red socks, to make pass?

Can you find statistics that confirm, player in red socks complete the most passes?

Players in black socks do not!

I know i am right.

In my opinion, the colour of socks are decided by each team, and same as shirts or shorts.

Waaay back in the depths of time (50's I think) draws in the Glasgow Cup were decided by corners awarded during the game.

I think that method was used much more widely than just the Glasgow Cup, and until well into the 60s at least. It was abandoned as being too prone to lucky breaks. For example, a team could dominate for 95% of the game and have 20 shots on target or that hit the woodwork and score once, but without getting a single corner, while the other team might have attacked once, got a single corner from which they scrambled a goal, and then getting awarded the game because only they got a corner.

At least penalty shoot-outs require some skill, by both the taker and the keeper. Luck too, of course.

Waaay back in the depths of time (50's I think) draws in the Glasgow Cup were decided by corners awarded during the game.

Deciding the winners by the number of corners is not so strange idea, because the offensive side will likely get more corners. If the numbers of corners are same, then we can decide the game by the number of throw-ins.

i love penalty shoot outs, it's all about nerves and front. everyone is on the edge of their chairs and watching. i love penalty shoot outs its pure entertainment. dont doctor it. thistle were crap at penalty shoot out til kenny arthur came along. they lost everyone i saw when i was a wee guy. dont doctor it