Just In

chunky jag

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I can't defend playing 3 centre halfs against Cowdenbeath it was a completely different game if just before they scored the linesman only yards away or the ref not too far away noticed their number 5 lashing out at Grehan off the ball. Minutes later the ball was in the net and they sat with 10 men behind the ball and wasted time like I've not seen since Halliwell was in goals for us.

For all he wasn't having the best of games why on earth take off Grehan for a midfielder? Erskine seemed to be put up front without anyone actually telling him leaving Doolan up front on his own whilst 1 down at home.

5-3-2 is bad enough against part-timers, but replacing it with 5-4-1 after going a goal down is just gobsmacking.

This Jags team has no heart: against better teams, it ups its game, but against poor teams it just lets them dictate play. There is no effective leader on the park. That's why the type of play in the second half was dictated by Cowdenbeath. Once we had gone behind, not one Jags player was prepared to stamp his mark on the game and push his teammates on.

Will McCall learn the (oft-repeated) lesson, and appoint another captain? Going by experience, this seems unlikely. :(

the linesman only yards away or the ref not too far away noticed their number 5 lashing out at Grehan off the ball. Minutes later the ball was in the net

The number 5 lashed out at Grehan after they fell to the ground and the number 5 put his hand on Grehan's throat. They fell because he had a handful of Grehan's shorts in the box, in full view of the linesman. Check out my photos later on and you'll see what I mean. As for Paton's penalty claim, a couple of us HEARD the contact with Paton's ankle.

Edited by Clinically Depressed

The number 5 lashed out at Grehan after they fell to the ground and the number 5 put his hand on Grehan's throat. They fell because he had a handful of Grehan's shorts in the box, in full view of the linesman. Check out my photos later on and you'll see what I mean. As for Paton's penalty claim, a couple of us HEARD the contact with Paton's ankle.

I thought Boyle had a reasonable claim for a penalty too. The ball had went out for a corner but the ref wasn't giving a corner until he realised the Cowdenbeath player had brought Boyle down.

He seemed to tell Boyle it was the linesman who awarded the corner but there's no way on earth the linesman could've seen the ball stray slightly over the line through the goal net on the other side of the pitch yet the ref couldn't.

McCall should kick the players backsides after that performance. Lack of effort from every player. The players are always talking about moving up the league and going for third. Im more worried about staying up. The players are not good enough to take their foot off the pedal. They must play with the same commitment every game. Grehan was awful. Erskine is the strangest player i have ever seen. How can he go from being so good against raith to having an absolute shocker today. Mccall played the wrong formation, we were too defensive. Mcgowan never had control of the ball the whole game, he had his eye on his internation match during the week i think. We must win against stirling.

McCall is a disgrace! 3-5-2 against a pub team, what a diddy! He is the one going on about 3rd/4th place in the league for us, yet sets out to play for a point against that lot of pond life!

Then when they did score, what do we do??? Erm, 5-4-1! Awful!

We took the win for granted, and set out just to stroll through the game, applying as little effort as possible!

Robo and Archie were really poor, Erskine and Rowson couldn't get a foothold in the game, and McGowan...well he's a typical McCall loan signing, a complete waste of a jersey!

Today may be the kick up the arse we needed, never do I want to see 5 played across the middle ever again, no space to move, and the pitch does not suit fast, free-flowing football. No wonder people are staying away from Firhill. Oh, one more thing McCall...McNamara, FINISHED!

Was standing in the enclosure patons wasn,t a pen robertson was bullied of the ball by a smaller player twice one when he nearly landed in the enclosure and then for the goal jimmy nichol was out shouting and coaching his players the whole game mccall and maxi were very quiet ala murdo mcleod.

I would like to thank the person in hospitality who gave McGowan Man of the Match. That was the most entertaining thing to have happened all game. He should have been hooked at half-time. McCall's substitutions (in terms of who he took off) were a nonsense.

Really pish game. Robertson was very poor in defence.

Shocking performance. Why he played 5 at back against a team who play 1 up front i'll never know. Robertson had a nightmare at goal, let it bounce when if should have attacked it. 4 out of 12 against that mob is a near sacking offence if you ask me.

They were playing with two up front.

McCall is a disgrace! 3-5-2 against a pub team, what a diddy! He is the one going on about 3rd/4th place in the league for us, yet sets out to play for a point against that lot of pond life!

Then when they did score, what do we do??? Erm, 5-4-1! Awful!

We took the win for granted, and set out just to stroll through the game, applying as little effort as possible!

Robo and Archie were really poor, Erskine and Rowson couldn't get a foothold in the game, and McGowan...well he's a typical McCall loan signing, a complete waste of a jersey!

Today may be the kick up the arse we needed, never do I want to see 5 played across the middle ever again, no space to move, and the pitch does not suit fast, free-flowing football. No wonder people are staying away from Firhill. Oh, one more thing McCall...McNamara, FINISHED!

We never went 5-4-1 chris erskine went upfront with kris doolan.

We never went 5-4-1 chris erskine went upfront with kris doolan.

That was maybe what was meant to happen, but it didn't. Erskine went to LM & Doolan was up front on his own, that is fact.

As I said in the 'team for tomorrow' thread, we cannot play 3-5-2 against this team. So what it worked last week, you have to change your team to suit the opposition. Fair enough if we were playing a good team today, but they were rank.

So starting 3-5-2 was the 1st mistake. Then taking Grehan off & going 5-4-1, is unforgivable. I would have taken McNamara off & put Fraser on, go 3 up front & HAVE A GO!

Erskine wasn't great, but he can do something. Grehan wasn't great, but we ended up just punting high balls to feckin nobody.

Played shite & the players have to take a big responsibility for that, but McCall got it wrong today, saw it coming if we started with the formation he did, as I mentioned yesterday. He also got the subs wrong. Ref was pish, but cant blame him for everything.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

The two main reasons we lost is be because they wanted it more than us and the pitch was leveller.

Cowdenbeth worked hard and passed the ball well. They shut down the space on the flanks really well. Grehan, McNamara and Robo were particularly poor for us.

I thought McGowan played well in the second half after a poor first; he got himself about and gave 100%.

I thought McCall made a mistake taking Erskine off. He was not having a great game but he is a player that makes things happen. He also should have put Fraser on earlier.

We lack a bit of strength of character about the team, as soon as one makes a mistake others start doing the same.

McCall's inability to work out a team's defensive formation and tactics exposed once again,it's a real chink in his Armour.For five or ten minutes we had five defenders on the pitch and only one up front at Home to Cowdenbeath, utter pish.The manager's formations and tactics lost us three points today.We didnt get to the byline enough and relied on stupid lobs and chips into the box.

Need to take that one on the chin and bounce back quick.

It was Grehan who was annoying me the most, all that play in the final third during the first half and then nothing. Then when he came off it was too late, we were a rabble by that point. The sub choices were okay I thought, but I'm afraid that twice when I saw Grehan today the word 'donkey' sprung to mind.

McCall's inability to work out a team's defensive formation and tactics exposed once again,it's a real chink in his Armour.For five or ten minutes we had five defenders on the pitch and only one up front at Home to Cowdenbeath, utter pish.The manager's formations and tactics lost us three points today.We didnt get to the byline enough and relied on stupid lobs and chips into the box.

Need to take that one on the chin and bounce back quick.

Yeah sore one today and very disappointed. Good to have a chance to bounce back on tuesday and stirling will have a couple missing given the sending offs today.

Typical Jags.

The two main reasons we lost is be because they wanted it more than us and the pitch was leveller.

Cowdenbeth worked hard and passed the ball well. They shut down the space on the flanks really well. Grehan, McNamara and Robo were particularly poor for us.

I thought McCall made a mistake taking Erskine off. He was not having a great game but he is a player that makes things happen. He also should have put Fraser on earlier.

We lack a bit of strength of character about the team, as soon as one makes a mistake others start doing the same.

Think this is spot on. Looked like we totally lost direction in the second half and really lacked a leader in the team.

I think we could have won convincingly if we'd got a goal in the first twenty minutes or so but seemed to totally lose momentum as the game went on. Think we could still be playing now and we still wouldn't have scored yet.

The ball seemed to bounce about their box endlessly without really ever dropping for anyone in a clear scoring position. They had maybe three shots in the whole game and one went in (although thought Fox's first half save was excellent). The disgraceful state of the pitch (and the wind) also contributed to a terrible spectacle and led us to abandon any attempt to play football far too early. When has punting it up the park (particularly into the wind) ever worked for us?

All this stuff about aiming for fourth or third is a bit lame really and I suppose the players are a bit less likely to fight or raise their game when there is nothing to play for really. Obviously its not a very professional attitude, but I suppose most players switch off a bit when there is no real pressure. I'd guess some of today's crowd may adopt a similar attitude and won't bother coming again this season.

I'm sure we'll still find plenty enough points to avoid any real relegation worries, but today was immensely frustrating :mad2:

Absolute f**king sh*t today. Having taken a drink and with a sense of perspective duly restored.....just absolute sh*t. However, the question has to be asked - why have we completely failed to turn up against both Morton and Cowdenbeath this season? Yes I know we beat this mob back in October, but we were piss poor that day too. You know who I blame? The players.....100%. If this mob can bother their collective arses to beat the League leaders one week, but can't work out for themselves how to beat a team that brings on Stevie Crawford, who looks like a f*cking restaurant reviewer judging by the size of his arse and gut, then that isn't McCall's fault. And as for Morton - the only team in the Division we haven't beaten. Every game against them has been unmitigated misery, poor refereeing or not.

And I'm sorry if anyone in the Kidzone was upset by my display of petulance, agricultural language and gesturing towards the Simmons-style celebration by the Cowdenbeath scorer. It matters.

Today was like a travel back in time to the start of the season, we were absolute p*ss poor and got what we deserved. How they managed to find a MoM I will never know, if you did have one it would maybe be Fox for the save in the first half or Doolan for a bit of effort up front but that apart we were terrible. McCall says we need a forward but refuses to give Fraser a run in the team in place of that numpty Greehan. Also, I know he is not the worse but Flannigan frustrates the life out of me, if he's on the left he WILL turn inside which makes it easy for the defender to read, as happened with around 10 minutes to go when the defender let him turn inside then walked away with the ball.

5-3-2 is bad enough against part-timers, but replacing it with 5-4-1 after going a goal down is just gobsmacking.

This Jags team has no heart: against better teams, it ups its game, but against poor teams it just lets them dictate play. There is no effective leader on the park. That's why the type of play in the second half was dictated by Cowdenbeath. Once we had gone behind, not one Jags player was prepared to stamp his mark on the game and push his teammates on.

Will McCall learn the (oft-repeated) lesson, and appoint another captain? Going by experience, this seems unlikely. :(

Think we made a huge mistake in not signing Hardie, though that was more down to lack of budget I guess. He should be one of the first signings McCall makes during the summer along with a striker and would be far better Captain than Archibald, Robertson or McNamara. If it comes to the age old result of us having no money then their is far more justification on sacrificing any money on Archie, Robbo and McNamara on Hardie and a striker.

As you say though I sometimes think McCall can see no wrong in either Archie or Robbo.