Just In

chunky jag

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was embarassing and utterly shite today.

Without wanting to sound patronising Cowdenbeath are a shite team of part time nobodies, they done us at Central Park earlier in the season and we were pish and scraped a 1-0 win at home before (I wasn't at the second game at their place). We should be beating them.

Robbo and Archie were absolutely stinking today. We are so predictable and awful going forward its almost laughable. The Blue Brazil came and sat back looking to hit us on the break. They contained us and looked dangerous on the counter.

Out played.

Out managed.

Utter pish.

Its easy enough for the players to motivate themselves playing the top teams.

Bunter has a bigger duty to play in getting them motivated to play against dross like Cowdenbeath, a team full of geriatrics and midget youngsters, who also had a fair few injuries. Examination failed with flying colours.

I was working today, but 1754 there? The masses are not interested in the tepid shite on offer. Pay 17 quid for huff and puff against the equally as duff opposition, who in this case will also timewaste, kick and rush their way to a plucky victory. Total pish.

Edited by MWM

Everything about that today was sh1t. Got to the ticket office and joined the line. A very helpful steward tells me there is an empty window. I go up to it ask for 2 adult and 3 kids tickets. Don't sell tickets, only give free ones for kids... Back in line.

Get to the usual kids enterance to be told this was for away fans only (the gate was empty), with a big line at the one home gate.

The seats around where we normally sit on had an astonishing amount of bird sh1t on them - health hazzard, almost as much as the seriously undercooked pie.

Sitting in the kidz zone next to the away support is a crackin idea. They can eff and blind to their hearts content, stand up throughout the game but the stewards were only concerned with asking 3 wee boys in the kidz to sit down and watch the game.

Then there was the game...........

So all in all I again came away from Firhill asking why we bother. 2 adults 3 kids, pie (binned) several hotdogs, tea, coke etc - couldn't have been a kick in the arse of £50 quid.

Can you tell I'm fed up?

Everything about that today was sh1t. Got to the ticket office and joined the line. A very helpful steward tells me there is an empty window. I go up to it ask for 2 adult and 3 kids tickets. Don't sell tickets, only give free ones for kids... Back in line.

Get to the usual kids enterance to be told this was for away fans only (the gate was empty), with a big line at the one home gate.

The seats around where we normally sit on had an astonishing amount of bird sh1t on them - health hazzard, almost as much as the seriously undercooked pie.

Sitting in the kidz zone next to the away support is a crackin idea. They can eff and blind to their hearts content, stand up throughout the game but the stewards were only concerned with asking 3 wee boys in the kidz to sit down and watch the game.

Then there was the game...........

So all in all I again came away from Firhill asking why we bother. 2 adults 3 kids, pie (binned) several hotdogs, tea, coke etc - couldn't have been a kick in the arse of £50 quid.

Can you tell I'm fed up?

Sounds just like the norm for a match day experience at Firhell these days.

My dad has pretty much chucked it this season too, despite going to Firhill since the sixties, I've only been to about 10 games myself all in this season.

The Robbo baws up should really be academic. We should have been capable of scoring three goals comfortably against an understrength Cowden side. Thought the lack of urgency in the first half was appalling. I wouldn't have been happy with that relaxed attitude even if we were two goals up.

Last week there were no failures and it would be wrong to say that any individual player was head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the team. Today I can't think of any player (apart from the subs) that could be excused. Felt for the unlucky fan in hospitality that had to pick the MotM. I'm guessing whoever it was picked McGowan because the guy didn't hide. Like the others he was poor but at least he tried to get involved.

The two main reasons we lost is be because they wanted it more than us and the pitch was leveller.

That quote probably sums up why the club is in so much shite. I can accept being beaten by a team who are better than us but I will not accept losing because our team didn't bother their arses. If they dont fancy giving 100% then show them the door and put the youngsters on the field.

It doesn't make it any better, but it just seems to be the Thistle way at the moment. First day 4-0 loss to Raith, followed by 1-0 home win against Dundee - a big crowd go down to Greenock for the next game to see a 2-0 defeat. Back to back loses against Stirling (home) and Cowdenbeith (away). Performance of the season at Raith last week followed by todays pish. I'm already over today, because i know it'll be another blip. Last season I was pissed off for days after home defeats like the 0-1 against Dundee where we pumped them and took nothing, this season i'm less affected. My son was saying he wanted to go today because he wanted to see if we'd get more points than last season (he says we got 38 - i've not checked but he's a bit 'Rain Man' with numbers, despite only being 6!). If he's right, we're 6 points off last seasons total, and i'm confident we'll better that. We're not a bad team, we're just inconsistent.

Felt for the unlucky fan in hospitality that had to pick the MotM. I'm guessing whoever it was picked McGowan because the guy didn't hide. Like the others he was poor but at least he tried to get involved.

I thought he was rotten, to be honest. Was astonished when we took off Erskine and McNamara but not him.

I genuinely thought the MOTM award was ironic.

My son was saying he wanted to go today because he wanted to see if we'd get more points than last season (he says we got 38 - i've not checked but he's a bit 'Rain Man' with numbers, despite only being 6!). If he's right, we're 6 points off last seasons total, and i'm confident we'll better that. We're not a bad team, we're just inconsistent.

Last season we got 48 points. After 26 games we had 38 points. Around that time we were sitting 5th and were 19 points clear of 9th place, albeit most teams in the league had about 3-4 games in hand over us. By the end of March we'd played 30 games, had 41 points and were 13 points clear of 9th place (Morton and Ayr in 8th+9th with 2 and 3 games in hand).

c.f. this season where we sit on 32 points after 26 games.

In short, our current situation is not as good as last.

Last season we got 48 points. After 26 games we had 38 points. Around that time we were sitting 5th and were 19 points clear of 9th place, albeit most teams in the league had about 3-4 games in hand over us. By the end of March we'd played 30 games, had 41 points and were 13 points clear of 9th place (Morton and Ayr in 8th+9th with 2 and 3 games in hand).

c.f. this season where we sit on 32 points after 26 games.

In short, our current situation is not as good as last.

The scary thing is you just did that off the top of your head.

Dreadful, absolutely dreadful. Robertson gift wraps Cowden the three points with his third **** up of the game. Fox saved his skin after his first, with an outstanding save. Feeble defending from Robertson.

The manner of the defeat really got to me today. You could sense it in the crowd too. No one cares any more. We've been ****** around by the BoD to the point where these sort of afternoons are becoming the norm.

Disgrace.

Everything else from today has been filled under "best forgotten", but Robbo's Laurel-&-Hardy-style fall over the advertising hoarding was great. He misjudged the bounce of the dodgy pitch, then totally missed the tackle, and went clattering off the pitch into the boards. He tried to regain his balance but then slo-mo toppled right over the back in classic comedy style, leaving only his feet flapping about in mid air.

Robertson has been really good for, what, year and a half? Today though he had a minger - but at least he gave us a laugh with that Harold Lloyd special. Classic.

Bring on the Beanos!

Everything else from today has been filled under "best forgotten", but Robbo's Laurel-&-Hardy-style fall over the advertising hoarding was great. He misjudged the bounce of the dodgy pitch, then totally missed the tackle, and went clattering off the pitch into the boards. He tried to regain his balance but then slo-mo toppled right over the back in classic comedy style, leaving only his feet flapping about in mid air.

Robertson has been really good for, what, year and a half? Today though he had a minger - but at least he gave us a laugh with that Harold Lloyd special. Classic.

Bring on the Beanos!

Bring on the Beanos!

I had forgotten about that, it was his best conribution to the game.

That was maybe what was meant to happen, but it didn't. Erskine went to LM & Doolan was up front on his own, that is fact.

As I said in the 'team for tomorrow' thread, we cannot play 3-5-2 against this team. So what it worked last week, you have to change your team to suit the opposition. Fair enough if we were playing a good team today, but they were rank.

So starting 3-5-2 was the 1st mistake. Then taking Grehan off & going 5-4-1, is unforgivable. I would have taken McNamara off & put Fraser on, go 3 up front & HAVE A GO!

Erskine wasn't great, but he can do something. Grehan wasn't great, but we ended up just punting high balls to feckin nobody.

Played shite & the players have to take a big responsibility for that, but McCall got it wrong today, saw it coming if we started with the formation he did, as I mentioned yesterday. He also got the subs wrong. Ref was pish, but cant blame him for everything.

It’s not a fact; Erskine was pointed at to go up front. He was playing in advanced midfield role and he was much further forward after the switch. He was trying to drift into space on the left, leaving doolan isolated.

He should have put Fraser on at that time with Erskine out left and Flanagan out right.

We need more leaders on the park, Rowson and Archibald did show the right determination and drive on the park but we need more than two of the eleven to show that. McCall needs to bring in a few players capable of doing this and that’s going to be difficult given the financial restraints. Hardie would be ideal but can we afford to bring him in? Bringing back McKeown could be an option to.

These type of results are going to continue to happen with the current squad. Too many lack the drive and self belief that is needed to get the result in the situations we found ourselves yesterday.

I think Fraser is going to score plenty at this level over the next few years, he still has a lot to learn and that was one of the reasons Robb was put up front for the last ten – fifteen minutes.

Utterly dreadful performance. A total disgrace to see us line up with 5 at the back at home to a pub team missing most of their defenders.

For me only Fox got pass marks. Rowson never hid but had one of his poorer games and Doolan looked lively but was denied any kind of service by some appauling passing.

It's an utter disgrace that Cowdenbeath have taken 7 points off us this season.

It’s not a fact; Erskine was pointed at to go up front. He was playing in advanced midfield role and he was much further forward after the switch. He was trying to drift into space on the left, leaving doolan isolated.

He should have put Fraser on at that time with Erskine out left and Flanagan out right.

We need more leaders on the park, Rowson and Archibald did show the right determination and drive on the park but we need more than two of the eleven to show that. McCall needs to bring in a few players capable of doing this and that’s going to be difficult given the financial restraints. Hardie would be ideal but can we afford to bring him in? Bringing back McKeown could be an option to.

These type of results are going to continue to happen with the current squad. Too many lack the drive and self belief that is needed to get the result in the situations we found ourselves yesterday.

I think Fraser is going to score plenty at this level over the next few years, he still has a lot to learn and that was one of the reasons Robb was put up front for the last ten – fifteen minutes.

Agree totally. Once we are safe, McCall has to give the youngsters some starts. His budget could be even tighter next season and we may have to release some senior players in May.

We won't be able to afford Hardie if the Pars offer him a deal for next season. Buchanan scored for them yesterday. We let him go when he was coming into form, a false economy.

From early on in the match, it became apparent what Cowdenbeath's game-plan was yet we did nothing to counteract it. As I said before the game, I could see why McCall thought a 3-5-2 would be effective had Malcolm and Cameron been playing but we really should have been prepared to switch to a 4-4-2 when the teams were announced.

It has been terribly frustrating watching us play against Cowdenbeath this season and really highlights the total absence of creativity throughout the team. Jimmy Nicholl deserves credit for organising his team well and forcing us to play their game but we should be more than capable of beating them. I'm not saying we have a divine right to beat such teams but to play so poorly against them four times is unacceptable.

What yesterday's match did suggest, for me anyway, is that McNamara is very close to being done. He had a terrible game, just absolutely woeful. I would class Robertson in the same category and would expect him to be packing his bags at the end of the season.

Paton is clearly struggling with his injury and Paddy had a poor game so our width was basically annulled. Rowson and Erskine had particularly poor games. McGowan was the pick of our midfielders but that really isn't saying much. Doolan had to do the majority of his work outside the box and had little to no support the whole game.

It appears Grehan is the new scapegoat. He might not be the best player we've ever seen at Firhill but he puts in a shift and has been playing well recently. I think the majority of abuse he gets is totally unwarranted. There remains a large amount of fans who believe that if a striker doesn't score, he must be rotten and isn't doing his job. I see no benefit whatsoever in barracking the guy and the other thread that discusses this matter in more detail is frankly a f*cking embarrassment.

Bad day at the office. Good that we have a winnable game on Tuesday to banish yesterday's performance.... :unsure:

The reality of things is that Cowdenbeath, Stirling Albion etc. is our level. In other words, we are a middling 1st division team with a greater likelihood of getting relegated (as recent history shows) than ever making it back to the top flight. It is (or should be) unacceptable that a squad of full-time professionals struggles everytime they come up against a team of part-time guys who are getting paid peanuts and for whom football is little other than a bit of fun. Everybody can be blamed for this, manager and players alike. Results like yesterday's are certainly not going to do anything to bring back the support, which is definitely falling off at a quite alarming rate.

And it is frustrating to see Liam hitting the net fairly regularly for the Pars...

And it is frustrating to see Liam hitting the net fairly regularly for the Pars...

that was always going to happen. It's more frustraing to see Hardie hit 3 for them yesterday as I believe he is a player we should have made sure we signed in January. I think he could have been used to teach Doolan, Grehan, Fraser etc a lot about playing the game