Rumour

stuthejag

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I didn't read anyone else stating this, so only commented on what I had read. Who else said it?

As far as I'm concerned maxy is a bigger influence on the squad, takes the majority of the training and is greatly respected by the players.

Armand 2 on this thread, myself on the Who's Next thread. No-one is actually suggesting it was the reason, just that they hope it's not, or don't think it is. TL can speak for himself but the 'personal' part of the "personal and professional reasons" could suggest that it might have been (although highly unlikely, as another poster on this thread also said). Just think you're being unfair on TL...and my opinion has heehaw to do with this months Centenary Fund draw before anyone suggests that :P

TL, mine's a pint fanks :D

Armand 2 on this thread, myself on the Who's Next thread. No-one is actually suggesting it was the reason, just that they hope it's not, or don't think it is. TL can speak for himself but the 'personal' part of the "personal and professional reasons" could suggest that it might have been (although highly unlikely, as another poster on this thread also said). Just think you're being unfair on TL...and my opinion has heehaw to do with this months Centenary Fund draw before anyone suggests that :P

TL, mine's a pint fanks :D

My mistake, he actually made reference to it in 3 separate posts.

A2 basically replied to his first or second post. merryhell, later on. I can't blame either, or you for doing that if someone is planting seeds.

All i'm saying is that it serves no benefit to suggest such things as it muddies the water and dilutes the debate.

But then again, maybe thats why the official site referenced personal reasons, as a reason he "resigned"? :thinking:

My mistake, he actually made reference to it in 3 separate posts.

A2 basically replied to his first or second post. merryhell, later on. I can't blame either, or you for doing that if someone is planting seeds.

All i'm saying is that it serves no benefit to suggest such things as it muddies the water and dilutes the debate.

But then again, maybe thats why the official site referenced personal reasons, as a reason he "resigned"? :thinking:

Without wishing to sound sanctamonious or condescending, I think this appraisal of it is much better than shooting ducks in a barrel by saying TL's posts are apalling and ridiculous. It's just Matt being Matt ;)

Edited by Steven H

Regarding the way he left, I think it's likely Falkirk have approached him and he has agreed to go there in summer. However is it possible that his contract had been amended so that we wouldn't get compensation anyway? In this case may McCall have told the board that he would be leaving in summer, that he would be taking Maxwell with him, and that he felt Jackie and Sid would make a great management team and given that we're safe in mid-table he would go on gardening leave for the rest of the season to give them a trial at it?

Or is that too "glass half full"?

Regarding the way he left, I think it's likely Falkirk have approached him and he has agreed to go there in summer. However is it possible that his contract had been amended so that we wouldn't get compensation anyway? In this case may McCall have told the board that he would be leaving in summer, that he would be taking Maxwell with him, and that he felt Jackie and Sid would make a great management team and given that we're safe in mid-table he would go on gardening leave for the rest of the season to give them a trial at it?

I dont think your a million miles away there - i thought something similar

I also think that David Beattie is the kind of guy who will be of the opinion that if someone wants to go then you get rid of them asap as they arent going to give it 100%.

McCall may have said Im off in the summer & DB has just said fuk it - you might as well go now & we'll see if Jackie Mac & Sid are any good. If not then we'll have someone lined up to come in for June

Yup. The comp thing is nonsense.

As was mentioned earlier, McCall took a pay cut this season. I'd suggest in doing so the club removed the compo.

Managers come and go... I'm not that fussed about McCall leaving.

What is of greater concern is that we may now loose maxy and hinchy.

As for TL making two separate posts alluding to possible health issues in his family as a reason to resign, I find them appalling and ridiculous and serving no benefit to this thread what so ever.

Why the concern over Maxy??? The only reason he was in the position he was is because he was McCalls pal

I reckon that could well be on the money.

Maxy promoted upstairs at Firhill, a GM type role. TH has just announced to hospitality guests.

That's McNamara and Donnelly a shoe-in as the new management team then. Could you really see a GM position being kept (by a guy with not a lot of managerial/coaching experience) for a more experienced manager?

That's McNamara and Donnelly a shoe-in as the new management team then. Could you really see a GM position being kept (by a guy with not a lot of managerial/coaching experience) for a more experienced manager?

Unless this too is only until the end of the season?

In all honesty i think you are correct though. Mcnamara will be appointed after a "long and extensive interview process."

Edited by Gonzaga

Unless this too is only until the end of the season?

In all honesty i think you are correct though. Mcnamara will be appointed after a "long and extensive interview process."

Why on Earth would you appoint a GM for 5 games, though? Surely you could just about cobble through and assess more thoroughly afterwards without the need for making such a "promotion"?

Why on Earth would you appoint a GM for 5 games, though? Surely you could just about cobble through and assess more thoroughly afterwards without the need for making such a "promotion"?

Perhaps it's just a change in job title to keep him going until the end of the season, in an attempt to give the impression he hasn't been completely overlooked.

Also heard that Beattie had accused McCall of being responsible for the drop in attendances. If there's any truth in this then we truly have the wrong man running things at Firhill.

There is no magic button to press to increase the crowds, only a slow iterative process of doing the right things and we're still not likely to get back to much over 3,000. If David Beattie seriously thinks that McCall has done something to contribute to the falling crowd then he is utterly delusion when it comes to any kind of understanding of the state of Scottish football.

If I can get some confirmation of this then that's my flow of money to the club ceasing as it's going to a cause already lost because of a fundamental misunderstanding of the wider state of football in current times.

How many other ears pricked up when Tom Hughes said "difference of opinion" in hospitality this afternoon. That's what you call going off message!!!

What the hell was Tom Hughes doing in Hospitality at all? Has this guy no shame? A financial disaster area for Partick Thistle's current position. Why oh why doesn't this guy get the picture that he is completely detested by the Thistle support and join McMaster and Co. in the wastelands of Cenral Scotland? Please go right now.