Just In

The Terminator

Not much to shout about if I'm being kind.

Cairney had a horror show. His attitude is just as infuriating as his apparent lack of ability. Lots of backing out of challenges, sauntering up and down the pitch while a striker holds off a couple of defenders, no effort made to close down players yards away etc.

The defence's insistence on looking to hoof the ball out of play before looking for an avenue to play the ball forward is utterly awful to watch, Kinniburgh being particularly guilty of this. They do it even when it doesn't have to be done aswell, leading to countless stop-start games.

On Kinniburgh, he's certainly not a right-back. He is simply far too immobile.

As for Jackie McNamara, didn't seem to be moving around much or shouting much encouragement. A little concerned about both him and Donnelly being on the touchline, with both of them being near mutes. However, hopefully he will liven up a bit against his old club on Tuesday.

Positives:

- Campbell was good in parts.

- My bovril was good.

A draw wisnae bad. Ross County had us under the cosh for a while. Fox was good, marks for Doolan, Rowson and Archie. I didn't think Cairney was that bad! My donkey of the week was Grehan, he was really pissing me off.

Both Cairney and Campbell had horror shows whatever they tried didnt work to be fair to both though they kept trying instead of hiding. Draw was probably a fair result altho i was shouting for penalty on Doolan just before he chipped the keeper and it was cleared off the line. MacNamara looked static in the dugout and didnt appear to be offering much encouragement or instructions. Wasnt the best of games tbh.

Most people seem to think McCall is off to Falkirk i cant see that happening myself but hey ho. Loads of rumours as to who the new manager will be best just to wait and see imo

Edited by Jaggyman

Archie was my motm.

Fox did well as did most of defence. couple scary moments mainly involving kinniburgh.

Cairney, Campbell and Greehan all tried but a lot didn't come off for them. They at no point hid and were always willing.

from my view in kids zone we should have had a second penalty when dools was flattend with about a minute or 2 to go.

Draw fair result. Pitch really is poor.

Poor performance, County dominated possession we couldn't get out the bit. Barrowman held off Balatoni and Archie for fun, allowed them to keep the ball comfortably in our half.

Doolan worked hard with what little service he had. Cairney and Rowser were poor for me, thought Boyle played well, some cracking last ditch tackles.

McNamara was static, didn't take his hands out his pockets all day, didn't stop leaning on the dugout. Not animated enough or offering encouragement. Why was there a spell of Cairney playing left wing and Erskine playing centre mid?

Completely agree with my good friend, The Terminator.

We did discuss today how it is said that play builds from the back, and that simply is not the case at our club. Every defender, when they get the ball, looks for the quickest way to put it out of play, regardless if there is a player chasing them down...ITS INFURIATING! Especially when they kick it into the Main Stand, it takes an age to get it back on the pitch, and the momentum is lost completely.

Back to today, there was very little good points, except that Doolan can take penalties. Both teams were just awful, high balls been punted left, right and centre for the full 90mins. And I do think that back line was pretty poor, Archie was bad in particular, he had his hands on every attacker, evidently leading to the free kick they scored.

And finally, Mr.Paul Cairney. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HIM! A great season at Queens, followed by an even better season at The Jags last year. Now what! He is so bloody lazy, he's put on a ton of weight, he's slow, cowardly when it comes to 50/50's, unable to pass the ball, and generally a player who just does not seem interested. What he needs is a boot up the rear end during the summer, told to come back far fitter than this season, and with a better attitude!

Over and out.

I thought Rowson, Cairney and Campbell were all poor. Still could've won it but it showed that Ross County had far more to play for than us. I don't necessarily think we need to have McNamara screaming and shouting on the touchline either, there's plenty of quieter managers who do well enough. Walter Smith for example is lucky if he even bothers coming down to the touchline before the 2nd half.

Was the penalty a penalty? I looked away just before the whistle was blown and can't imagine how exactly he could've handled it fom the angle the ball was coming at him. Did he just completely misjudge it and slap it away?

Thought Doolan should've had a penalty but overall the draw was probably a fair result.

Agree, not too much to shout about. Thought Campbell had a good enough game, some good crosses into the box and a peach of a shot (with his left, and weaker?, foot) that crashed of the woodwork. Rowson looked a bit too casual at times, Erskine was annonymous for most of the game and Cairney is frustrating as hell. Grehan had an average game.

Thought Doolan should have went down near the end for a certain pen and possible red card for the defender. I think a draw was a fair result but for us it was like an end of season half hearted effort, didnt expect that given Jackie will be hoping to make a good impression.

Shockingly bad crowd again, what was the official attendance?

Anyway, a win next week will see us leapfrog Morton and if we can beat Falkirk on Tuesday we are in with a good shout at 4th spot, in the words of Sir Lambie, that would mean we have punched well above our weight over the course of the season.

Why didn't McNamara take off Cairney? worst player on the park.Let's have at least a look at Mcgrotty after hearing all these good things about him. Can't keep him wrapped in cotton wool all the time. This was the perfect day to throw him on instead of Fraser whom we have had a look at.

Archie was my motm.

Fox did well as did most of defence. couple scary moments mainly involving kinniburgh.

Cairney, Campbell and Greehan all tried but a lot didn't come off for them. They at no point hid and were always willing.

from my view in kids zone we should have had a second penalty when dools was flattend with about a minute or 2 to go.

Cairney stayed on as, if you looked at the bench, there was not a midfielder amoungst them, 3 strikers and a defender, if any of them were put in Cairneys place they may have made more effort but would of been leaving holes left right and centre which Rowser would of had to cover leaving us with effectivly no midfield whatsoever

Archie was my motm.

Would that be the same Archie who gave away the needless free kick infront of our goals which resulted in County`s equaliser.Agree about Cairney and Campbell though can`t believe they stayed on.

I am surprised about some of the comments regarding Cairney; I don’t think he was too bad.

County were right up for the game and were flying into tackles all over the park. Jamie Campbell struggled at times to handle this at times. He really should have been taken off during the second half.

Archie was my motm.

Can't agree there. Apart from giving away that needless foul that they scored from he seemed to have trouble leading the back line. The longer the game went on the deeper we were defending. OK it takes four guys to all push forward but you would expect the senior player and team captain to at least get that right.

All about opinions (as always) but it would Be difficult to disagree with Doolan as MotM. Can only tink of Boyle and Fox who also could be reasonably satisfied with their performances. I never thought I'd be saying we missed the grit and determination of Hodge in central midfield but, with Rowson having a shocker and Cairney not at the races, that's not far off the mark.

Felt sorry for Campbell being exposed so much defensively but I doubt he was any poorer than Erskine was a few months back. Hope the young lad learned a thing or two today. Hitting the woodwork with his weaker foot was one of the very few memorable moments today.

btw Anyone else surprised with Fraser coming on as sub ahead of Stewart?

Would that be the same Archie who gave away the needless free kick infront of our goals which resulted in County`s equaliser.Agree about Cairney and Campbell though can`t believe they stayed on.

Yeah it was the same archie, unless of course we have another one playing for us? Felt he was fouled a lot during the game but generally did well in the face of it. No arguement about the foul that led to their goal. Was a great strike from the lad.

For me Archie was our best player and it was a view shared by a few in the area I was in. Any way, as the good lady has already stated, it's about opinions.

Why didn't McNamara take off Cairney?

He never noticed he was on the park!

Funniest bit of the day was when Cairney actually took the ball past a Ross County player, and went back to challenge again despite the ball being at his feet. It was such an unusual experience for him he didn't have a clue what to do.

Cairney stayed on as, if you looked at the bench, there was not a midfielder amoungst them, 3 strikers and a defender, if any of them were put in Cairneys place they may have made more effort but would of been leaving holes left right and centre which Rowser would of had to cover leaving us with effectivly no midfield whatsoever

A very good point ... Hodge and Flannigan out and Macnamara making the decision not to make himself available meant we'd no midfield subs really. Also, Robertson and Paton out meant no right back. I thought Kinniburgh did OK last game at wing back but we were palying three centre backs so he'd cover. As a pure right back he looked like he didn't have a clue. We need Robertson to get fit soon if Macnamara won't play.

Cairney's been slagged off a bit for his lack of fitness - I've criticised him myself, though not to the extent others have - but it's been posted he had some kind of illness which left him very weak for a long while and he's struggled to get 100% fit as a result. Hope he's over and we'll see the player we thought we had next season.

What Tuesday's game v Falkirk and today's struggle showed is that - despite us having a basically decent squad and soem promising youngsters - it is very thin compared to several other clubs. I think that, unlesss the youngsters progress really quickly we're going to have to be very lucky with injuries to keep up a season long challenge for promotion next season.

Yeah it was the same archie, unless of course we have another one playing for us? Felt he was fouled a lot during the game but generally did well in the face of it. No arguement about the foul that led to their goal. Was a great strike from the lad.

For me Archie was our best player and it was a view shared by a few in the area I was in. Any way, as the good lady has already stated, it's about opinions.

I personally think its time to let Archie go,were reasonably well covered in defense and if it released the funds to bring in someone in a position that were lacking in then it should be considered.Archie has been a good servant for us over the years and is reasonably good in the air but his distrubution is terrible add to that his injury problems over the last couple of years and i think he`s lost a yard in pace so maybe its time to let him go,However it`s all about opinions and yours is clearly different than mine

Personally I thought the game today was the worst one I have seen this season.

Utter pish.

No way was it it worse than, in order of pishness:

13/11/10 Morton - 0v0 (Up there with one of the worst games of football I have ever seen)

26/12/10 Raith - 0v0

02/04/11 Qos - 0v0

All at Firhill.