Just In

1 John Lambie

Good result & a decent performance, especially 2nd half. Deserved the win, Morton are rubbish & along with Queens I don't quite know how they're not in a relegation battle.

Erskine had good moments & bad moments, but he had more good than bad. Good finish for the goal.

Stewart looked quite good when running with the ball, but his decision making was a little off.

Doolan ran, but didn't have many chances, gave away alot of free-kicks (whether they were free-kicks I'm not sure).

Grehan had a good game again, quite skiful.

Whole defence was comfortable, Archie & Balatoni never lost anything all day.

Campbell looks comfortable in the team, you'd never know he was only 19 (?) Also good to see McGrotty & Lochhead get their debuts, didn't have enough time to make an impression but good to see them get on.

Maybe Lochhead has a chance to win himself a deal? I'd give him the chance to do so, away to Dungdee is a hard place to get a start & show what you're like though.

Good result & a decent performance, especially 2nd half. Deserved the win, Morton are rubbish & along with Queens I don't quite know how they're not in a relegation battle.

Erskine had good moments & bad moments, but he had more good than bad. Good finish for the goal.

Stewart looked quite good when running with the ball, but his decision making was a little off.

Doolan ran, but didn't have many chances, gave away alot of free-kicks (whether they were free-kicks I'm not sure).

Campbell looks comfortable in the team, you'd never know he was only 19 (?) Also good to see McGrotty & Lochhead get their debuts, didn't have enough time to make an impression but good to see them get on.

Maybe Lochhead has a chance to win himself a deal? I'd give him the chance to do so, away to Dungdee is a hard place to get a start & show what you're like though.

Agreed but i thought Kinniburgh was the pick of the bunch. Wouldnt mind seeing Balatoni back next season.

It might be that Kyle's time at Firhill might not be over yet.

We have the makings of a right good team................now where have i heard that before. lol

There was nothing to play for for either side and it showed a bit, but Erskine ran the show and asides a terrible first half it should have been a lot more than 2-0. Good weather made up for a terrible pitch. Morton were absolutely rotten.

Paddy and Erskine both took their goals well. Defence was never really troubled. Thought Doolan was unlucky not to get a goal today.

Onwards and upwards.

Agree with pretty much all of that.

Also though Cairney had his best game in a long time, didn't give the ball away as often as in previous games and won it back a fair bit. Even had a rare shot, if only we could get the Cairney of early 09/10 back when he made runs from midfield into the box.

I agree. Cairney was becoming a bit of a whipping boy for a while but I thought he was very neat and tidy with his passing today. Needs to shed a few pounds over the summer though!

I also thought Stewart looked okay as well, very skilful. His final ball could have been better at times though.

Generally speaking I thought the team did well and played some pretty decent passing stuff. If McNamara gets the manager's job on a permanent basis then hopefully that will be a portent for next season. :)

Wouldnt mind seeing Balatoni back next season.

Exactly what I was thinking. Not sure how he is rated at Tynecastle but would love to see him as a permanent signing to compliment our very promising youthful team. Thought Tommy Stewart looked good as well and with the benefit of a pre season behind him, could be a very good signing as well

I am much less depressed this weekend. Well done Jackie and the lads.

Although the ref did not influence the final outcome he did have a poor game. He was conned by a lot of Morton players falling down even once when the guy clearly tripped over the ball. And whenever Doolan was fouled he seemed to automatically give a foul for Morton. I thought most referees know the basic rules of the game but this one didn't seem to realise that a free kick for dangerous play is indirect. Erskine was punished for "foot up". Morton noticed the Ref's hand was not raised and took a direct shot at goal. Fortunately Foxy saved it.

Think the 1st half is best forgotten but in 2nd we played better and deserved the 3 points. i was fully expecting Morton to come and have a real go at us given our injury list and 4th spot up for grabs but they were in truth awful. Thought Kinniburgh / Archie and Balatoni were all excellent and i too would like Balatoni to be here next season. Cairney was better than he has been lately, Campbell had a decent game but still makes quite a few silly mistakes. Erskine continues to be an enigma brilliant one moment and laughable the next took his goal really well though. Grehan and Doolan worked hard up front and Stewart had a good game imo was unlucky when he spotted keeper of his line. Boyle took his goal well and it was just the icing on the cake of a good solid 2nd half performance. Nice to see the young boys coming on near the end and those around me spoke about the average age of the team at the end of the game---dont think there were many over 25

Edited by Jaggyman

Wasn't looking forward to this game at all, felt terrible from last night, I actually had to get off the train at Hyndland because I was certain I was going to be sick before we got to Partick, I then had some old dear ask if I was okay on the Subway as I sat with me head in my hands white as a ghost counting down the seconds until I got to Kelvinbridge expecting to blow chunks on the floor at any second.

Grehan was excellent, Stewart was excellent (I actually thought it was Rowson having a blinder until it someone askwed who our number 8 was and when I replied Rowson was told it wasn't) and Erskine's goal was brilliant.

I really hope Boyle stays.

Top marks to the punter who shouted something along the lines of "your coffee is shite" to Maxwell as he walked past, had me chuckling for a while.

Morton reall were piss poor. If you think of them as the quintiesential 'average first division team' we will have no bother next season even if Jackie's inevitable tenure as amanger turns out to be a nightmare.

Good to see some of the young lads get a run out, the one with the orange boots was unlucky not to score on what was virtually his first touch for Thistle.

I enjoyed seeing the 4-3-3 set up. For that to work the midfield have to work their socks off and they didn't fail in doing just that. The forwards interchanged well. Stewart looks a decent player but I suppose he'll be judged in time more on his goal scoring potential than his teamwork.

Much more attack minded today but I don't suppose the result was that important. Campbell did really well setting Erskine up for his goal.

Jackie's aftermatch comments made for good reading.

Liked the fact he was encouraging Squidy to shoot before he scored the first goal. Felt last saturday after his first game in charge he got some unfair critisism for lack of enthusiasim.

Seems he has done his prospects of landing the job no harm at all today.

Two very tough games left so 4th still be hard to get but it's in our hands. could be by last game of season, Raith have nothing to play for. Could make for a fun stress free day out.

Beers sure taste good tonight.

Jackie's aftermatch comments made for good reading.

Liked the fact he was encouraging Squidy to shoot before he scored the first goal. Felt last saturday after his first game in charge he got some unfair critisism for lack of enthusiasim.

Seems he has done his prospects of landing the job no harm at all today.

Two very tough games left so 4th still be hard to get but it's in our hands. could be by last game of season, Raith have nothing to play for. Could make for a fun stress free day out.

Beers sure taste good tonight.

Given that QOS and Morton have to play the top two next week, and QOS game in hand is against a battling Ross County, and we will probably play Raith Rovers when the title has been decided, the prospects of 4th spot seem good...

Think the 1st half is best forgotten but in 2nd we played better and deserved the 3 points. i was fully expecting Morton to come and have a real go at us given our injury list and 4th spot up for grabs but they were in truth awful. Thought Kinniburgh / Archie and Balatoni were all excellent and i too would like Balatoni to be here next season. Cairney was better than he has been lately, Campbell had a decent game but still makes quite a few silly mistakes. Erskine continues to be an enigma brilliant one moment and laughable the next took his goal really well though. Grehan and Doolan worked hard up front and Stewart had a good game imo was unlucky when he spotted keeper of his line. Boyle took his goal well and it was just the icing on the cake of a good solid 2nd half performance. Nice to see the young boys coming on near the end and those around me spoke about the average age of the team at the end of the game---dont think there were many over 25

Pretty much how I saw it too. Fox had a couple of smart saves, but the defence was generally excellent. Some glimpses of the Cairney that we all praised last season, but he's still too chunky and can't jump, so he just pulls guys down and gives too many fouls away. He is a terrier though, and I reckon opponents don't like playing against him. Campbell was clearly over his poor game at Falkirk, and is looking like a regular team member now. Erskine is the most entertaining player around. Grehan had a great dribble into their box in the 1st half, but why he tried to chest a ball down on the 6-yard line instead of just heading it is a mystery to me. Great pass from him for the 2nd goal, which Paddy did well to volley with his right foot, I think.

Doolan and Grehan are both putting in a good shift up front, but too often end up going for the same punt, or are simply static when the other tried to head it on, with no real through run. Frusrating!

Actually, I'd have give the MotM the Stewart; his 2nd half display was excellent, good tackles, runs into space, knocking the ball around. Would like to see him signed up for next season.

I'm sure I said a while ago I'd like to see us try a 4-2-3-1 and to me we played that at times, switching between that and a 4-3-3. Erskine was brilliant, Stewart and Grehan had good games. We still have that problem with everyone being afraid to shoot from around the edge of the box, though Erskine decided to buck the trend, maybe he watched the Stoke vs Bolton game last week and got inspired.

Morton were pretty clueless to be honest, and without help from the ref they wouldn't have had a chance today. We weren't amazing ourselves, but we were comfortably better, and had nothing to worry about. Some of our passing moves were pretty nice to watch and cut through the defence, but I felt that so many poor passes (perhaps down to the pitch?) prevented us from increasing the scoreline. Moving to sit back and attack on the break worked pretty well, Morton struggled to contain us when we broke and I felt we could have scored a couple more.

I think that will have been the seventh or so time that my girlfriend has been to see thistle, and she is yet to see us lose. In fact, apart from the first game of football she went to (Stoke vs Man Utd) she has never seen Stoke or Thistle lose in around 15 games.

I think that will have been the seventh or so time that my girlfriend has been to see thistle, and she is yet to see us lose. In fact, apart from the first game of football she went to (Stoke vs Man Utd) she has never seen Stoke or Thistle lose in around 15 games.

Get her a season ticket!

Yipee.

Over 11,000 at Dunfermline. A shame to think that we now couldn't even get that number of folk into Firhill even if they wanted to come.

we could just, would need safety certificate for main stand and if some ppl stand on grass hill lol

Edited by Jagsman