Martin Hardie

Lindau

What a signing he has been for Dunfermline. He seems to have scored in every game since he signed for them. Not sure whether they would take him with them to the SPHell at 35 and if thats the case would love to see him at Firhill helping our very promising young players

Edited by Lindau

Think he's guaranteed a new deal at dunfermline unfortuanetly

Think he will be lost in the SPHell. At his age, Div 1 is his level and I would love to see him finish his career with us. He is still a 10-20 goals a year man at our level...if, and its a big if, he keeps his fitness

He's scored a ridiculous number of goals since joining them. He could yet be in the running for the league's top scorer despite only playing for about half of it. I don't know if that says more about the quality of strikers in the league, though...

I think McIntyre said it was something like 8 goals in 9 games or something...none too shabby.

Oity the Pars won today. They will bring a massive support to Greenock which will help bankroll Mortons challenge next season. Alsp league over next week and very unlikely Raith will bring many on last day of season.

From what i have read today, Morton will not challenge next season. Any way, they have been playing to worse crowds than us lately so they will need a big crowd to make up for the huge losses they will have made during season. Think they have 3rd highest wage bill in league.

I'd love to know why he never signed for us in January. Could we not afford him? Did he turn us down? Did we even try to sign him? or did McCall not fancy him? He could have made a huge difference to us, even though we have done reasonably well since.

Nice to see him prove all the doubters on here wrong, who stated he was past it and wouldn't be worth signing if we had the opportunity to, back in January.

Almost single handedly won Dunfermline promotion to the SPL in the final quarter of the season.

Anyone got a link to highlights from this game?

Dunfermline 2 v Raith 1

Edited by northernsoul

Talking to a Pars fan in work today who was singing Hardie's praises, so I had to mention that Lambie taught him everything he knows! And we gave him his nickname! I can't believe a Fifer even referred to him as BMMMH. I'm kinda glad for him to have a shot at another 1st Division League medal in his cupboard, and it evokes fond memories of his 'supersub' tag in our 1st Div. winning season. I still get a bit misty eyed about a pre-Christmas afternoon at Inverness Caley, 1 - 0 and no hope of scoring, 15 minutes to go.....and then BMMMH comes on. :cheers:

I wish BigMadmantal well if he gets a new deal at the Pars and another shot at SPL football. He's earned it by almost single-handedly winning them the league, though I'm still praying they slip up on Saturday so Raith will bring a healthy support to Firhill on the last day to add a few quid to our coffers.

Cannae see it though as the Ton looked as though they were all keeping themselves fit for their holidays on Saturday and Dunfermline should waltz past them unless they bottle it.