Trek Cotopaxi

I'm not really au fait with facebook stuff but I found these photos HERE

Presumably they get updated regularly. Think it's excellent that Thistle are represented by such a large contingent. :thumbsup2:

Read the Bill Leckie column online. Apparently David Rowson managed to lose his wallet at the airport and had to cancel all his cards :lol: .

It's fantastic that several of our players (and staff) have got involved with this. Worthy cause and testament to them and to the goodwill associated with Phil.

Good to see our official site being on the pulse with an event involving our management team, and the majority of our senoir players

Although they are involved with Partick Thistle this is something which is being done by a group of friends and the Club do have something on the official site which gives info on the important issue which is how to help with the fundraising element:

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/may_2011/trek_cotopaxi

Although they are involved with Partick Thistle this is something which is being done by a group of friends and the Club do have something on the official site which gives info on the important issue which is how to help with the fundraising element:

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2010-2011/may_2011/trek_cotopaxi

Agree entirely. I think there's a fine line between promoting an event and glorifying in it. The Club have handled this well.

I wasn't aware of any fundraising directly thru PTFC and so imo this remains an enterprise instigated by twelve individuals. The fact eight of those twelve have direct links to the Jags is thus immaterial.

We should be both respectful and in admiration of each of the twelve participants. It is tho' great to support a team that can muster so much support for this most worthwhile event. Jags fans everywhere will agree but, deserved or not, it's not the sort of thing you want to court publicity over.

It's nothing to do with our club. It's a group of mates doing something for charity in memory of their mate who sadly passed away.

It's got nothing to do with Motherwell or Celtic but both those clubs were mentioned.

It's got nothing to do with Motherwell or Celtic but both those clubs were mentioned.

"The trek is being attempted by Phil's friends and previous teammates

at Motherwell FC and Celtic FC"

Motherwell and Celtic are the teams Phil O'Donnell played for, and with the people who are doing this charity fundraiser with. Nothing to do with Partick Thistle.

Glad to see they are all doing really well. Means we should be either the tiredest team in the league or the fittest

Just looking at the photos. How quickly does Darren Jackson's facial hair grow? He is like Ryan Giggs. Probably has hairy shoulders and a line of hair down the middle of his back... horrible

Tom hopes there will be a Brazilian arriving over the summer.

just looking at the photos makes me think 2 things, apart from the obvious well done guys, good deeds done etc:

Get Rowson to stay and I wish Craigan would come back

Saw a brief interview with Craigan this morning before their match today. I've said it before, but he comes across as being several floors above other footballers in terms of communication skills and level-headedness.

Realistically, though, Thistle were a minor diversion on what has otherwise been an unbroken and very lengthy Motherwell career. He's probably 'Well through and through.

Saw a brief interview with Craigan this morning before their match today. I've said it before, but he comes across as being several floors above other footballers in terms of communication skills and level-headedness.

Realistically, though, Thistle were a minor diversion on what has otherwise been an unbroken and very lengthy Motherwell career. He's probably 'Well through and through.

He is, but he also loves thistle almost as much as we do. Anyone who heard him on open all mics a couple of years back will be able to confirm this.

He is, but he also loves thistle almost as much as we do. Anyone who heard him on open all mics a couple of years back will be able to confirm this.

Yep....pretty confident he will be back at Firhill in some capacity in the following years

This is way off topic but so what. I can't help it.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but the circumstances of Craigan leaving us, along with Alex Burns (?) left a bitter taste that is still with me, to this day. Motherwell signed Craigan and Burns on pre-contracts when they were bottom, and way behind us, and in administration. They don't go down of course, and what happened to us next? Am I resentful? D*mn right I am. Stinks to highest heaven. One day they will go down and I look forward to it.

Edited by beep0608