First Division Transer News

Dark Passenger

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have invited Jack Boyle (ex-Southampton youth winger) and Kieran Brennan (ex-Celtic under 19 left-back) to pre-season training.

Brennan sounds promising - http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/clubs/west-region-clubs/wast-region-news/816-celtic-fc-y-news/2334-celtic-seal-the-double-with-scottish-cup-win

"Celtic Under 19s vs Rangers Under 19sScottish FA Youth Cup Final. Hampden Park27th April 2011

"Kieran Brennan, Celtic’s left back was a threat going forward, his directness and penetration had Rangers on the ropes."

"YFS Man of the Match: Keiran Brennan. This could have gone to either Celtic full-back, but Brennan’s fearless attitude to attacking pushed Rangers back and was vital to Celtic’s overall play."

We have invited Jack Boyle (ex-Southampton youth winger) and Kieran Brennan (ex-Celtic under 19 left-back) to pre-season training.

Brennan sounds promising - http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/clubs/west-region-clubs/wast-region-news/816-celtic-fc-y-news/2334-celtic-seal-the-double-with-scottish-cup-win

"Celtic Under 19s vs Rangers Under 19sScottish FA Youth Cup Final. Hampden Park27th April 2011

"Kieran Brennan, Celtic’s left back was a threat going forward, his directness and penetration had Rangers on the ropes."

"YFS Man of the Match: Keiran Brennan. This could have gone to either Celtic full-back, but Brennan’s fearless attitude to attacking pushed Rangers back and was vital to Celtic’s overall play."

This sounds promising indeed.

today's evening times has interview with Jackie about this very matter.

Now online.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk:80/sport/ex-saints-kid-will-know-the-drill-at-thistle-1.1107100?53378

"McNamara watched Brennan in action as the Hoops lifted the Scottish Youth Cup last season and will now give the attacking full-back the chance to impress during pre-season.

"Any potential move for Montrose youngster Aaron Sinclair could rest on the Links Park club’s compensation demands, however."

“Jack Boyle is going to be joining us and we will have a look at him.

“Wingers are something that we don’t have a lot of in the squad at the moment and it is important that we can change things about if we need to. I will have a look at him during pre-season, he will come down to England with us and we will see how he gets on."

How many wingers does he want? We have Erskine, Flannigan and Campbell (all who can play well in other positions - I'd hope, knowing how small our squad will be that 'winger' means can play wing and forward - or wing and centre midfield (or wing or full back).

How many wingers does he want? We have Erskine, Flannigan and Campbell (all who can play well in other positions - I'd hope, knowing how small our squad will be that 'winger' means can play wing and forward - or wing and centre midfield (or wing or full back).

I wouldn't class Flannigan or Campbell as wingers. I think Campbell will be used as a utility midfielder/backup for Paton at full back and I expect Flannigan to fill one of the three central midfield positions. Going on the last few games of the season, Erskine was deployed in a sort of free role behind the front three and I suspect that's where he'll play this year. So I would agree with Jackie when he says "wingers are something we don't have a lot of in the squad at the moment".

Hang on, if these puns are good enough for Jackie.......

I wouldn't class Flannigan or Campbell as wingers. I think Campbell will be used as a utility midfielder/backup for Paton at full back and I expect Flannigan to fill one of the three central midfield positions. Going on the last few games of the season, Erskine was deployed in a sort of free role behind the front three and I suspect that's where he'll play this year. So I would agree with Jackie when he says "wingers are something we don't have a lot of in the squad at the moment".

I'd say Campbell can play as an orthodox winger. He can beat a man flankside get to the byeline and stick in crosses and he's not bad on the left side either. I think tho' as you indicate he may have to play other roles to get a regular game. Because of Campbell's strength I can see him this season coming off the bench a lot playing in a variety of roles.

Wouldn't class Flannigan and Campbell as out and out wingers either. Boyle played part-time for Salisbury City in the Southern Premier the second half of last year after missing out the first half from injury. Read a bit about him on their forum and apparently he done decent with them and left to trial with football league clubs, not a great indication right enough of how he'd fare with us.

On another note Sam Morrow has signed a two year deal with Ross County. That is genuinely one of the worst signings I've seen for a long time. May as well throw money down a drain, because Morrow is utterly hopeless. Even worse than Di Giacomo.

On another note Sam Morrow has signed a two year deal with Ross County. That is genuinely one of the worst signings I've seen for a long time. May as well throw money down a drain, because Morrow is utterly hopeless. Even worse than Di Giacomo.

Even if Morrow is twice the player he was with us that's still a hopeless signing. To be truthful I have difficulty even remembering Morrow he was that poor.

Think County have signed another fella from Hibs. An Irish youngster but don't know his name. I suppose Adams will have first hand knowledge about him

Even if Morrow is twice the player he was with us that's still a hopeless signing. To be truthful I have difficulty even remembering Morrow he was that poor.

Think County have signed another fella from Hibs. An Irish youngster but don't know his name. I suppose Adams will have first hand knowledge about him

I think Morrow has ability but has rarely put it to use. If I remember right he played very well on his debut went quality downhill after that.

If he had screwed the nut then he could turn out a good signing but that’s a big if.

Kurtis Byrne - been kicking about the lower leagues on loan last couple of seasons. Nothing special.

Now online.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk:80/sport/ex-saints-kid-will-know-the-drill-at-thistle-1.1107100?53378

"McNamara watched Brennan in action as the Hoops lifted the Scottish Youth Cup last season and will now give the attacking full-back the chance to impress during pre-season.

[/size]

Does Brennan still play for Celtic? Therefore would we only get him on loan or can we get him as a permanent Partick Thistle player?

Does Brennan still play for Celtic? Therefore would we only get him on loan or can we get him as a permanent Partick Thistle player?

He's been released along with a load of other u19s players with Celtic citing the reason that the reserve league being scrapped as the reason if Radio Scotland a week or two ago is to be believed.

http://www.scottishf...ign-goalkeeper/

"Ross County have signed 27 year old former Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Motherwell shot-stopper Michael Fraser from Maltese side Birkirkara."

This is a bit old but I have not seen it posted before - http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/moore-secures-two-from-last-seasons-squad/

"Morton manager Allan Moore has secured the services of two members of last season’s playing pool by persuading French midfielder Fouad Bachirou to sign a new deal and Celtic winger Sean Fitzharris to convert his loan move to a permanent one."

Edited by kni

Not sure how accurate these are (may just be rumours) but I read that Queen of the South have signed former Hearts midfielder Stephen Simmons and Hamilton Accies have signed Stenhousemuir midfielder Grant Anderson.

I take it that's a different Simmons from that little 'beef cigar' smoking little pr*ck who was with Dunfermline a couple of seasons back?