Will The Main Stand Be Open For Visit Of Celtic?

general george

That's been the case all along. The fact it's pay at the gate could sway a lot more to make the effort now, hopefully the weather's decent too and that should help push the gate up.

It's forecast to pish down, I think. Maybe we could locate the tims on the bing, that would be quite amusing. :evil:

Seriously, it is good that they have seen sense and made it 'pay at the gate'. This football-free summer seems to have gone on for ever and I am sure quite a lot of folk are as desperate as me to see a live game - any game!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's been the case all along. The fact it's pay at the gate could sway a lot more to make the effort now, hopefully the weather's decent too and that should help push the gate up.

I was up getting my season tickets last week and there were a few Celtic fans up for tickets. One of them seemed genuinely taken with the price of Thistle season tickets and grumbled something about not being able to afford to go to every home game at Parkhead this year. I think he was amazed that he could get his six u16s in for free during the regular season. For my part, I suggested that there was always room for seven more at Firhill! :thinking:

But good to see that this one will be pay at the gate and that tickets aren't getting in the way of a nice little cash earner. A sensible approach to screwing as much money out the b******* as possible. So great to see Thistle cashing in; although I gather it's going to be p***ing it down on Saturday, which might keep some away.

I was up getting my season tickets last week and there were a few Celtic fans up for tickets. One of them seemed genuinely taken with the price of Thistle season tickets and grumbled something about not being able to afford to go to every home game at Parkhead this year. I think he was amazed that he could get his six u16s in for free during the regular season. For my part, I suggested that there was always room for seven more at Firhill! :thinking:

But good to see that this one will be pay at the gate and that tickets aren't getting in the way of a nice little cash earner. A sensible approach to screwing as much money out the b******* as possible. So great to see Thistle cashing in; although I gather it's going to be p***ing it down on Saturday, which might keep some away.

:thumbsup2:

Neil Lennon has apparently said on twitter that none of the players who were in Australia are playing on Saturday but senior players who didn't make the trip as they were having an extra break will play.

He's confirmed Izaguirre, the SPL player of the year, is playing so it seems it won't be all just kids.

A bigger factor than the players could be if Lenny himself is going to be there to the sea of trillions that idolise him. If Wagamama is involved that may also drag a few of them out.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

I can't get to the two home cup games so this is my one and only chance to see the Jags before the Dundee game.

Don't care who Celtic field in their team, I was never going to watch them in any case. Hope as many fans of both clubs turn up as possible, so we make as much money as possible from the match.

We all want to see further signings and we want the squad to be as strong as it can be....tomorrow is a chance to generate much needed cash. For me, regardless of who we are playing, that is not to be wasted.

MON THE JAGS

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

I can't get to the two home cup games so this is my one and only chance to see the Jags before the Dundee game.

Don't care who Celtic field in their team, I was never going to watch them in any case. Hope as many fans of both clubs turn up as possible, so we make as much money as possible from the match.

We all want to see further signings and we want the squad to be as strong as it can be....tomorrow is a chance to generate much needed cash. For me, regardless of who we are playing, that is not to be wasted.

MON THE JAGS

I couldn't be looking forward to this less, I'd rather we were playing Chesterfield or something.

Should be a good match & a very tough test for the players, should hopefully be a good crowd in too (especially with Celtic confirming a good few 1st team regulars will feature).

Don't know, But I'm looking forward to this!

Takin a coupla tims with me, just to show them how to support a Fitba team!!

My point was in response to your implication that we'd make a lot of cash from playing Celtic's reserve reserve reserve team. Fact is we won't, and fact is we'd attract more income from a friendly with any other first team in Scotland. Bet then you know this and you're just being obtuse to distract attention from your wrongness :thumbsup2:

I hate bringing these things up, and I know the stadium wasn't full but it was about half full for the first time in years, but the absoluteness of your comment made me reply. The attendance was better than we would get with any other team and the confidence boost for the players will be good, even if it isn't Celtic's first team there will be a confidence boost from beating a team in green and white hoops.

Really good crowd, alot bigger than anyone could have guessed I would say. Hopefully the money raised can go to Jackie & it may result in another signing.

If it's going to be that kind of crowd that turns out again, this fixture should happen again next season & the season after that.. So what if it's Celtic & you don't like them, I don't particularly like them either, but I'll happily take their cash.

I'm with "1 John Lambie."

If we could get either of the old firm to play us at Firhill during pre-season that would be great. The simple fact is that today's attendance will be probably the biggest we get at Firhill all season, considering its over double our average turnout.

Turning to the game we were so much better than on Wednesday night! Yes it was a weakened Celtic team, but it still included four players who would expect to be named in the first squad, and the Youth Cup Winners, so arguably the best young talent in Scotland. Erskine was just in one of those moods where he was unplayable, Sinclair looks like a better version of Marc Twaddle, Flannigan was fantastic (and he made some amazing defensive contributions which is rare for him), Paton looked really sharp and Doolan and Stewart looked very dangerous. It's a shame that Cairney's game was cut short, that was some of the best football I've seen him play in a long, long time.

Onwards and upwards, c'mon the Jags!

On a completely separate point, how great did Firhill look today? :)

Lovely green grass, those MacB banners that hang from the flood lights looked good, new goal-nets, and even a large support in the two stands opposite. If we could only get something done with that grass embankment...