Craigan Testimonial Match

stuart_adam

Being as far away as I am will not stop me making a contribution to one of the finest Jags of the new century.

Paypal works well where I am, and I'll certainly be gladly contributing towards a fine footballer, a fine professional, an exemplary person, and a superb Jags man.

By now, I've even forgiven him his penalty miss at the tattiedome...........................

This is a one of those rare testimonials that is thoroughly merited.

Just look at which club he has chosen to support him!!

Nice of him to want to play us, but I doubt we'll take many fans & doubt that Motherwell will have many fans their either. A nice gesture as he's unlikely to make much out of it.

Agreed, but I think that if there's a fairly low crowd it'll be due to the timing. A lot of people away on holiday then. If I was here I'd definitely have gone along.

Ill be there to thank Stevie for his contribution to the best Jags defence ive seen in my life. Was broken hearted the day he left.

Archibald Shaggy Craigan :worship:

I once heard McCall say that had it not been that Collins was going to take over from Lambie, the likes of Craigan, Burns, Hardie and Archie would never have left.

I once heard McCall say that had it not been that Collins was going to take over from Lambie, the likes of Craigan, Burns, Hardie and Archie would never have left.

I've heard that a few times and I tend to believe it. Appointing Collins was the biggest mistake our board made in my time as fan in my opinion. We have never really recovered from that season.

Back on topic, I'll try and make it along to this game. Craigan was one my favourite Thistle players ever. Two of my best memories of him playing for us were:

- When he scored in the last minute of the game we recieved the 2nd Division trophy and he ran off like a lunatic towards the stand where all his family were.

- Making a fool of an SPL referee who penalised him for jumping for a ball with his arms outstretched. Craigan lept up and down with his arms by his side a few times directly in front of him.

He couldn't hide his delight live on radio when we scored a last minute penalty against Livingston to keep our title challenge with St Johnstone going which showed how much the club means to him.

I hope he makes a few quid.

I've heard that a few times and I tend to believe it. Appointing Collins was the biggest mistake our board made in my time as fan in my opinion. We have never really recovered from that season.

Back on topic, I'll try and make it along to this game. Craigan was one my favourite Thistle players ever. Two of my best memories of him playing for us were:

- When he scored in the last minute of the game we recieved the 2nd Division trophy and he ran off like a lunatic towards the stand where all his family were.

- Making a fool of an SPL referee who penalised him for jumping for a ball with his arms outstretched. Craigan lept up and down with his arms by his side a few times directly in front of him.

He couldn't hide his delight live on radio when we scored a last minute penalty against Livingston to keep our title challenge with St Johnstone going which showed how much the club means to him.

I hope he makes a few quid.

Yeah hopes he makes a lot of money from the game. Gave us 3 great years service. I remember his goal well. Thumping header. Pity he got booked for taking off his shirt !!!

Doesn't explain why Craigan, Burns, Hardie and Archie were all out of contract. The Collins appointment was just a side issue. Had Lambie/the Board put them on even two year contracts at the start of their last season they would undoubtedly have been Jags players during the Collins/Britton/Whyte season.