Malmo 1-0

Big Dave

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good for Scottish football though.

We may be spared the antics of Rangers' fans in Europe but as a Scotland fan I like to see as many Scottish players as possible playing in the Champions League. Playing at a high level of football can only be good for their development, IMO.

So that would be erm Naismith, McGregor, the hearts lad and the old guy. Yeah, sorry take your point. Oh and Whittaker, let's not forget him

We may be spared the antics of Rangers' fans in Europe but as a Scotland fan I like to see as many Scottish players as possible playing in the Champions League. Playing at a high level of football can only be good for their development, IMO.

Nahh FTOF

But the minute one of the ugly sisters starts to make real cash out of the Champions League they start bringing in foreign players and before you know it there's hardly a Scot getting a game for them in Europe.

a number 7 called Larsson comes back to haunt the h*ns, fcukin magic, you couldn't write that shizzle :lol:

I've had my Rangers supporting mate and uncle text me greeting tnite after the result, my uncle said Ally is the new Paul Le Guen, I text back saying, 'More like the new John Barnes' that was about an hour ago and I've not heard back, must have touched a nerve!

I think it's an excellent result for Scottish football. If either of the Old Firm do well in the "Champions" League, it simply means the gulf between them and the rest will increase. It would also mean that they would be even more likely to spunk all their money on expensive, average foreign players.

Also, the more our clubs are embarrassed in Europe, the more pressure there is for radical change in our game which can only be a good thing.

But to be honest, apart from a Thistle win, nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing the scum from Govan failing in Europe. McCoist had better make peace with the BBC as soon as possible as I have a feeling he might be needing his old job on a Question Of Sport back.

a number 7 called Larsson comes back to haunt the h*ns, fcukin magic, you couldn't write that shizzle :lol:

I've had my Rangers supporting mate and uncle text me greeting tnite after the result, my uncle said Ally is the new Paul Le Guen, I text back saying, 'More like the new John Barnes' that was about an hour ago and I've not heard back, must have touched a nerve!

Exactly what I was thinking. Signing a lot of foreign nobodies and looking out of his depth already.. shame eh!

I always like to see Scottish teams do well in Europe, and here's why.

The more Scottish teams lose, the harder it becomes to qualify for European tournaments due to the falling co-efficient. Also, pre-pre qualifying ties against teams from countries with a similar co-efficient are generally less attractive than games against sides from the more successful countries. Now, it is not outwith the bounds of possibility that Thistle will be in the SPL in the not too distant future. Once there, it is again not outwith the bounds of possibility that we qualify for Europe, by reaching a cup final, for instance, or via the Fair Play system (I draw the line at suggesting winning the SPL, however). Thus the stronger the Scottish co-efficient, the more chance we have of going out to a glamour side than we do losing to some unknowns from Eastern Europe, who will be in the midst of their season while we will have just dragged our sorry unfit arses back from the beaches of Spain and are nowhere near match-fit. So by all means have a go at the Sons of Satan for losing to Malmo, because it'll be all their fault when we lose our qualifier to Havno Bogpaper of the Faroe Isles.

I think it's an excellent result for Scottish football. If either of the Old Firm do well in the "Champions" League, it simply means the gulf between them and the rest will increase. It would also mean that they would be even more likely to spunk all their money on expensive, average foreign players.

Also, the more our clubs are embarrassed in Europe, the more pressure there is for radical change in our game which can only be a good thing.

But to be honest, apart from a Thistle win, nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing the scum from Govan failing in Europe. McCoist had better make peace with the BBC as soon as possible as I have a feeling he might be needing his old job on a Question Of Sport back.

I totally agree.

Failure of any Scottish team in Europe means the decline of the position of Scotland in the UEFA Ranking. That means that non-Old Firm teams have less chance to play in Europe. Therefore we cannot celebrate defeats of the Old Firm.

A lot of us don't care. The Old Firm don't want to be Scottish, and neither do their fans. Every defeat of the OF, regardless of whether it's a domestic competition, a friendly, or in an international competition, is cause for rejoicing.

A lot of us don't care. The Old Firm don't want to be Scottish, and neither do their fans. Every defeat of the OF, regardless of whether it's a domestic competition, a friendly, or in an international competition, is cause for rejoicing.

:thumbsup2:

European ranking for Scotland? Who cares?

Listening to OF fans whinge about defeat MORE THAN makes up for it :D

I always like to see Scottish teams do well in Europe, and here's why.

The more Scottish teams lose, the harder it becomes to qualify for European tournaments due to the falling co-efficient. Also, pre-pre qualifying ties against teams from countries with a similar co-efficient are generally less attractive than games against sides from the more successful countries. Now, it is not outwith the bounds of possibility that Thistle will be in the SPL in the not too distant future. Once there, it is again not outwith the bounds of possibility that we qualify for Europe, by reaching a cup final, for instance, or via the Fair Play system (I draw the line at suggesting winning the SPL, however). Thus the stronger the Scottish co-efficient, the more chance we have of going out to a glamour side than we do losing to some unknowns from Eastern Europe, who will be in the midst of their season while we will have just dragged our sorry unfit arses back from the beaches of Spain and are nowhere near match-fit. So by all means have a go at the Sons of Satan for losing to Malmo, because it'll be all their fault when we lose our qualifier to Havno Bogpaper of the Faroe Isles.

I've read this about 5 or 6 times now and i still can't work out if you've got your tongue in your cheek!

Failure of any Scottish team in Europe means the decline of the position of Scotland in the UEFA Ranking. That means that non-Old Firm teams have less chance to play in Europe. Therefore we cannot celebrate defeats of the Old Firm.

Oh, yes we can!

Sorry, but you must admit, the game was a bit of a pantomime.

Edited by Milo