Dungdee On Saturday

Hord

I know after last weeks dreadful performance the optimism for the new season has fallen slightly but this is where the season really starts! I for one can't wait for the game on Saturday and if we cut out the stupid mistakes I believe we'll get a result.. We just need to put last weeks result behind us and get right behind the Jags on Saturday, lets bring the back the optimism we had just a few weeks ago after the Celtic game.

I'll go for a marginal victory for the Jags!

Mon the JAGS!

Find myself wishing we had an away fixture to kick off the season where a scrappy draw could be seen as encouraging. I really believe with our minimal change to the squad we should have a fantastic advantage on a few of our opponents we meet early on, but last couple of games in my mind has shattered that idea.

McNamara's 4-3-3 formation is adventurous in such a small division and thus I feel we've got to get off to a good start. Not so certain we're that well set up squadwise for a McCall like defensive Plan B. I still think we've the players to compete well at the top of the league just concerned we're not equipped for the bottom of the table stuff.

Main thing tho' is that the players have more belief in themselves than some of us fans. If the team has really learned from last week I see no reason why we can't beat Dundee by a couple of goals.

I believe that all the teams in the 1st division are fairly evenly matched this season and imo its an absolute must to get off to a good start. Anything from 5 points and upwards( from 1st 3 games) would be a good start. I think the fans can play a big part on saturday we have to forget last week and get right behind the team and hope there are no silly mistakes for the boo boys to be able to be heard. Think the crowd might just clear the 3000 mark.

Edited by Jaggyman

I’m yet to see a coupon and I’ll never do it because it’s against us but assuming Dundee are bigger than evens I’d fancy a punt on them.

More away fans than home fans on Saturday?

Jags 7/4..dungdee 6/5.

I think we will shade it 4-0 :D

We really owe these bassa's a doing or two

We hate Dundee and we hate Dundee :thumbsup2:

I am really looking forward to Saturday. :thumbsup2:

I simply hope the floating Jags fans emerge from their basements and actually turn up to the game!

If we cut the silly errors, and stop playing "silky" football on the edge of the box (a.k.a. that tippy-tappy pish) and actually take a few shots from 20yards, we might be able to grind out a result. Last season we lost 4-0 on opening day, then bounced back with a great 1-0 win over Dundee thanks to Patrick Coyle or something like that. I am fully confident we can do that again.

I was "lucky" enough to be at the Berwick game on Saturday, but have to be back in Germany now for work. Think yourselves fortunate you at least can decide to go/not to go to the matches. If I were still in Scotland, I sure as hell would still go to the game on Saturday. And I would still go to the ground thinking we pould win the match. I certainly would not give up and think the season is over because of one match which was spoiled by a pathetic referee.

Even if we were struggling come November, I would still go to the games because the club needs our money. I may not be able to go to many games, but being abroad, you certainly wish you could.

So, troops, let's get some silly optimism back. Get the scarves out the cupboard, go for a pint or five before the match a sing some songs to get behind the players. I wish I could..!

Fully expect a crowd of 3000+ as I think Dundee will bring a lot more than they usually do, being the first game of the season.

If we don't hit 3,000 in this game it will be an ominous sign for the year ahead. Also very important to get something out of the game ideally a win that will hopefully make some of the first day fans think about coming back.

I'm going to be positive and go for a 2-1 win.

C'mon the Jags

I honestly believe the berwick game was a wake up call for the players. 3-1 on saturday and we will storm this league B)

I had a dream on Monday night that we beat Dundee 3-1. It was strange because I'd completely forgotten we were going to be playing Dundee in the first league game and hadn't thought about thistle much since I heard the result on Saturday. I was gutted when I woke up on Tuesday.

I had a dream on Monday night that we beat Dundee 3-1. It was strange because I'd completely forgotten we were going to be playing Dundee in the first league game and hadn't thought about thistle much since I heard the result on Saturday. I was gutted when I woke up on Tuesday.

Strange! I also had a dream we won 3-1, Doolan scored the opener. :D

I reckon it will be 0-0 and quite a nervy occasion. Both teams having chances and both goalkeepers called into action quite a bit.

If we had won last week crowd I feel would be over 3000, but we didnt so while there will be a large travelling support there may be a few less Jags fans.

Persuaded a lapsed Rangers fan to come along and a soccer neutral, still working on a few others but important that we get as big a crowd as possible to try and generate some cash since we wont be playing Hibs next month unfortunately.