Meeting With The Board

Jordanhill Jag

Its been suggested by a few posters that we have a meet the Board Night ,I have asked the Directors if they are willing to have one and they have said they would be more than happy to do so.

They are wary that it gets a poor turnout and gets hijacked by the usual suspects -they are happy to discuss within reason any issue ,finances ,propco ,Europa ,there aims ,the changes made in the last 12 months ,the Conflict of interest stuff -full monty no holds barred.

Is this something people would see of use and would it be supported

Jim

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been suggested by a few posters that we have a meet the Board Night ,I have asked the Directors if they are willing to have one and they have said they would be more than happy to do so.

They are wary that it gets a poor turnout and gets hijacked by the usual suspects -they are happy to discuss within reason any issue ,finances ,propco ,Europa ,there aims ,the changes made in the last 12 months ,the Conflict of interest stuff -full monty no holds barred.

Jim

Excellent stuff Jim.

Count me in.

Jim

Finally.

At the last meeting Beattie encouraged everyone who was there to bring another Jag along next time, to double the turn out. I hope there is a better turn out than last time.

Thanks Jim.

Time to get what out in the open?

Anything would be helpful.

It's all a bit arse backwards losing the vote and then deciding it would be a good idea to maybe properly explain the background to people, but much better late than never.

It would be particularly useful if we got a full picture of the financial state the club was in when Europa seemingly stepped into the breach to avert disaster. That would give some indication of their commitment to the football club and would give some measure of the value of Mr Cowan's statement in Sep 2010 when he was ousted and claimed, "The financial situation is in some ways better than it’s ever been." Bit of a clash of views there.

So, um, yes.

Jim,

Great idea. Thoroughly agree we need something like this organised. I would definetly be there other than the fact I get married in 2 weeks and am then on a couple of weeks holiday but if I cant make it along it only because of bad timing and I'll be very keen to see how things go.

To Pat Clarke????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking mate, good luck :thumbsup2:

Anything would be helpful.

It's all a bit arse backwards losing the vote and then deciding it would be a good idea to maybe properly explain the background to people, but much better late than never.

It would be particularly useful if we got a full picture of the financial state the club was in when Europa seemingly stepped into the breach to avert disaster. That would give some indication of their commitment to the football club and would give some measure of the value of Mr Cowan's statement in Sep 2010 when he was ousted and claimed, "The financial situation is in some ways better than it’s ever been." Bit of a clash of views there.

So, um, yes.

Indeed. Would add to that - a statement of intent from the board about where the club is going; what the board will do to meet the concerns of shareholders (apart from maybe consult a dictionary for the word 'compromise' instead of behaving like Brian Souter over Clause 28); what the board will do to meet the concerns of the fans; why this can't be done with a press release instead of another meet-the-board evening that's about as much value as ... any meet-the-board nights have ever been. :rolleyes:

Jim,

Great idea. Thoroughly agree we need something like this organised. I would definetly be there other than the fact I get married in 2 weeks and am then on a couple of weeks holiday but if I cant make it along it only because of bad timing and I'll be very keen to see how things go.

Congratulations, Matt. May you find there are more important things in life than fighting over the remains of a football club in terminal decline.

Care to name 'the usual suspects', or are fans who have something to say about the club not welcome?

Of course all Jags fans would be welcomed. What I was getting at was that we all get an opportunity to make points and not be forced to sit and listen to the drivel about some people not having a seat on the board etc.

Indeed. Would add to that - a statement of intent from the board about where the club is going; what the board will do to meet the concerns of shareholders (apart from maybe consult a dictionary for the word 'compromise' instead of behaving like Brian Souter over Clause 28); what the board will do to meet the concerns of the fans; why this can't be done with a press release instead of another meet-the-board evening that's about as much value as ... any meet-the-board nights have ever been. :rolleyes:

First - you can turn upand ask them -second this is to allow fans to ask as many questions as they wish after that they can decide for themselves.

As for concerned "shareholders" sure people are unsure but I will tell you the real "concern" I have is that of the 3 Million Proxy votes 2 Million of which were given for free which in essence have the Club by the throat.

If by compromise you mean doing as they are told by the old Gaurd then letting the motion be voted down is the better option -ask any ordinary shareholder who went to the meeting if they were had opportunity to ask as many questions of the lawyer from DLA as they wished.

At the end of the day the vote was lost -what impact did it have -zero thats right zero -the Club continues,

Why would anyone ever think that communicating and trying to engage with your fans is a bad idea.

And for the record I agree we are in terminal decline

Edited by Jordanhill Jag