1971 - What A Sensation!

Col

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn.

Was given tickets for Question of Sport at SECC that night.

Hope all who go have a wonderful night.

That will be a wonderful event.... English rugby ex-captain making inane remarks to English cricket ex-captain, or something like that, with Sue Barker going "Tee hee hee.", aimed at middle England BBC audience.

Or you could have Alan Rough slagging off Kenny Dalglish, Davie McP telling it like it is when we put the tims to the sword, Denis McQuade reminding us again of how he bamboozled the Pope's 11's defence.....etc.etc., and probably for the last time in our life.....

Red and yella everywhere........

Anyway, have a nice evening with Sue & Co.

B)

Edited by Jaggernaut

"What a sensation. It's 4 - 0 Thistle". Am I the only one who doesn't remember Arthur Montford saying any such thing? It's a long time since I was able to watch my old VHS tape and I no longer have the equipment to check it, but I seem to remember it was "Bone! Walks the ball into the net! It's four nothing! Sensation!" Okay forget that. You won't believe this but, in the time it's taken me to write this, Thistle have just gone from 2-0 up to 4-0 up against Morton. Say it with me. Sensation!

Honestly, i think it's pretty sad and pathetic, still dining out on a cup we won 40 years ago! Suppose it's a good way for the club to make money though

I suppose Celtic having the Lisbon Lions events or Rangers Celebrating there 1972 event or dare I say it England and 1966 or any Historical event or past Glory that is celebrated by a Nation State.

Celtic were one of the best Teams in Europe we had only come up from Div 2 with a team of Boys and part timers ,its a massive part of the History of the Club whilst we as all fans look forward ,celebrating what can only be described as a monumental victory is no bad thing ,that applies if its four days ago or forty years ago.

Honestly, i think it's pretty sad and pathetic, still dining out on a cup we won 40 years ago! Suppose it's a good way for the club to make money though

This guy is a troll folks. Total wind up merchant and nothing better to do with his time. Ignore him and he'll go away.