Pttv: Triple Bill - Ross County, Livingston And Morton Highlights

fritzy

Just watched Morton highlights 3 times.

Played some great stuff. The goal that was chopped off is definitely off side. Also think red card was correct decision. Doolan is getting it and is clean through.

Pity the passing move that a few of you spoke about was not shown. I'd have liked to see that.

Moore states in local paper, that red card was harsh but it did Morton a favour as the lad was having a mare ! He told his centre half pairing that they were a let down to the club. Certainly didn't mince his words. Mind you he also stated we scored with two punts up the park.....that was utter crap.

Vs. Ross County: What was our penalty given for, and why was the guy sent off? Paul Paton's LEFT-FOOTED cross which led to the equalizer seems to have gone largely un-noticed.

Vs. Morton: Tommy Stewart curled his goal in really well. Morton actually created a good few (half-) chances; as the saying goes these days, they'll play worse than that and win.

But us too!

Just watched Morton highlights 3 times.

Played some great stuff. The goal that was chopped off is definitely off side. Also think red card was correct decision. Doolan is getting it and is clean through.

Pity the passing move that a few of you spoke about was not shown. I'd have liked to see that.

Moore states in local paper, that red card was harsh but it did Morton a favour as the lad was having a mare ! He told his centre half pairing that they were a let down to the club. Certainly didn't mince his words. Mind you he also stated we scored with two punts up the park.....that was utter crap.

I think Moore was pretty spot on actually. It was clear from the off that Jackie had had them watched and their defence could be turned, so we did pass the ball over the top for the first ten minutes ntil Morton came into it. I also agree with Jackie Mac's comment that we played better football against Livi.

I think Moore was pretty spot on actually. It was clear from the off that Jackie had had them watched and their defence could be turned, so we did pass the ball over the top for the first ten minutes ntil Morton came into it. I also agree with Jackie Mac's comment that we played better football against Livi.

Still doesn't mean we scored with two punts up the park. Certainly not for the second goal.

Still doesn't mean we scored with two punts up the park. Certainly not for the second goal.

We did actually, from a big hump out of the box that was aimed anywhere. I'm not complaining about the way O'Donnell nicked it Forsyth or the pass, or Doolan's calm finish, but it was a big welly that started it.

• Members

The central defenders were socking at those first two goals. Both caught on their heels and should have intercepted the ball before the scorer got to it. Stewart's was the best finsh of the lot IMO. Took it nice and early and Stewart never had a chance to set himself. Sure Tommy scored another one like that this season, was it against Celtic?

The central defenders were socking at those first two goals. Both caught on their heels and should have intercepted the ball before the scorer got to it. Stewart's was the best finsh of the lot IMO. Took it nice and early and Stewart never had a chance to set himself. Sure Tommy scored another one like that this season, was it against Celtic?

His goal against Celtic was a Roberts-esque 25 yard effort, he scored a well taken goal against Berwick but it wasn't that similar to Friday's goal, not sure he has scored any others this season.

Moore reminds me a lot of his pal Dick Campbell in the way he talks about his players. If I played centre half for Morton, I'd not be happy about being slaughtered in the media by my boss.

While the first goal was certainly a punt up the park (one expertly dealt with by Doolan it's worth noting), the second came from a Morton header to hsi own player brilliantly anticipated by O'Donnell. Even then, it took a quality pass to find Doolan who finished brilliantly.

Morton look like a side that have spent all their budget on strikers and forgot that you need a decent defence in order to win the league. If we can keep their attack quiet, we should deal with them comfortably in our next meeting.