Tuffers Update

Lindau

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a formula for deciding on the level of compensation or is it decided by tribunal?

If the clubs can't agree then it will go to a tribunal, and the value will be based on the wages and length of contract he turned down with us, I think.

Strange move for him going to a smaller club where he wont be automatic first choice.

How do you work out "smaller club"?? More like an indication of how far we have fallen in the last 10 years. Very sad indeed

Edited by Lindau

Strange move for him going to a smaller club where he wont be automatic first choice.

Smaller club ? you having a laugh or living in the 90's ???

ICT are in the SPL, we will be struggling to stay in the 1st division. They also have a fairly decent transfer / wage budget if you belive what the papers print.

Tuffey never at any time said he was wanting to go to a bigger club. He was told by his international boss to find a better level of football. He has. He will be the no 1 gk at ICT. this Easson guy couldnt displace that numpty at Aberdeen.

It wouldn't be the first time I have mis read something but rather worryingly this article suggests we perhaps get nowt for Tuffey after all:

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1827782/?UserKey=

So he reduced his wage demands so ICT could afford to pay us a paltry compo fee? Fair play Tuffey! Then ICT discover they do not have to pay compo? I think someone at PTFC must have made an error during our contract talks with him :thinking:

So he reduced his wage demands so ICT could afford to pay us a paltry compo fee? Fair play Tuffey! Then ICT discover they do not have to pay compo? I think someone at PTFC must have made an error during our contract talks with him :thinking:

It's not really clear what that means: it could mean we don't get any compensation. Or it could mean Tuffey gave us a small part of his wages to pay us what we would have got so they don't have to pay it.

It would be nice to think the board will clarify this for us and if there's a loophole about compensation explain that they intend to look carefully at future contracts regarding this.

But I won't be holding my breath.

Edited by Mr Bunny

It's not really clear what that means: it could mean we don't get any compensation. Or it could mean Tuffey gave us a small part of his wages to pay us what we would have got so they don't have to pay it.

It would be nice to think the board will clarify this for us and if there's a loophole about compensation explain that they intend to look carefully at future contracts regarding this.

It's been confirmed by the Club. We are not entitled to compensation, don't know why not tho!

I wonder what this loophole is at last season it was this very situation which prevent Scott Fox for playing for Queens as anything other than an amateur for so long.

I can't say I'm surprised we've been shafted by such loopholes though.

Where has this been confirmed? There's nothing on the official site.

Confirmed by Inverness I think he means bythe quotes in the P&J article.

It just sums us up if we've even managed to make an arse of getting compensation for Tuffey as it must be something to do with when we offered him a new deal, if we even did offer it.