Before And After Videos

Big Dave

So know your argument has changed to the close proximity?

I think as some one who made the journey up there, witness Thistle put in one of the worst performances in recent memory (there's another thing you could twist seeing as folk focus too much on the result) and spend about £50 in total to do so, I've got every right to go up to the players and management and shout "total embarrassment". But, hey it was arguably one of the Club's worst results in our history and the management and players shamed the Club. That isn't even criticising Culter either, who really should have won the game.

The close proximity was due to the changing rooms being all of about 3 feet away from the away support. What do you want me to do? Walk back ten yards and then shout what I did. People were angry, in disbelief and ashamed at what they had witnessed.

Why don't you admit in your previous post you completely made up the imaginary "every name under the sun", which you'd think would include some personal name calling and such like to fit your argument.

Next time we get pumped at Firhill by another team. I'll just bite my tongue and accept it because we should.

I do not agree with your opinion, however I accept you are entitled to it. I'd only hope you give me the same courtesy.

I refuse to accept that I'm the bad guy here because I do not agree with vile language being shouted at our players. Nobody was happy with the result on Saturday, nobody! In fact I have not been happy with the vast majority of results this season, however that doesn't give me the right to shout and swear at the players. Nobody 'made' anyone on this forum go on Saturday. You spent the money because you 'wanted' to go!

Football needs to be brought in perspective for so many people here. Nobody died! It's just a game.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not agree with your opinion, however I accept you are entitled to it. I'd only hope you give me the same courtesy.

I refuse to accept that I'm the bad guy here because I do not agree with vile language being shouted at our players. Nobody was happy with the result on Saturday, nobody! In fact I have not been happy with the vast majority of results this season, however that doesn't give me the right to shout and swear at the players. Nobody 'made' anyone on this forum go on Saturday. You spent the money because you 'wanted' to go!

Football needs to be brought in perspective for so many people here. Nobody died! It's just a game.

No, your not the bad guy here. No one is saying you are. However there is no need to start implying the players and management were subjected to getting called "every name under the sun" when it didn't happen at all. If it did, you would have a point, but it didn't.

The management and the players let the Club down big time. They're to blame.

However, I'm struggling to understand your definition of vile. At a Scottish football game where Partick Thistle, a team with a proud history and tradition in the professional game put in a gutless display against a team in the Scottish Junior North Premier League who were formed in 2001 and on a good day get over 100 fans at home games then what do you expect? Common courtesy for the players at the end who play football for a living?

Do you honestly feel labelling the players and management "f***kin embarrassment", "f***kin shocking" and which the only remotely personal thing said was "what the **** was that all about Archie" to our Captain, the leader of the team who has been involved in one of the Club's greatest achievements and teams in recent years was vile abuse? I'm sorry but that is ridiculous.

If you thought people were going to walk out the ground on Saturday without saying anything or making their anger known then that is being completely and utterly naive.

whats really funny about this is that there are people on here who maintained that raising money by collecting jumble wasn't embarrassing yet who are now defending a video of our fans hurling abuse at their players from a foot away that the world could see. what an odd wee club we are.

any updates on how many tonnes of clothes have been donated? anyone been up with bags of their old gear?

whats really funny about this is that there are people on here who maintained that raising money by collecting jumble wasn't embarrassing yet who are now defending a video of our fans hurling abuse at their players from a foot away that the world could see. what an odd wee club we are.

any updates on how many tonnes of clothes have been donated? anyone been up with bags of their old gear?

spot on. :thumbsup2:

There is a big difference. Having a bad day suggests you tried, that you made an effort but things just didn't work out for you.

If 2 people had travelled from Aberdeen to Glasgow for 3 hours, to watch me work for 90 mins, and then travel home for another 3 hours. If those 2 people had paid to do that, and paid for lunches etc.

And i then sat at my desk showing no effort at all to make their journey worthwhile?

i would expect to get my fckin erse booted all over the place! and my bosses would go through me as mine and the company's name would be in tatters.

Spot on.

I didn't pass comment on the jumble collection and I defend the right of the fans to vent their spleen at the players for one of the most embarassing performances in the history of PTFC.

As has already been mentioned, it used to be far worse when we could leave the ground via the City End.

I didn't pass comment on the jumble collection and I defend the right of the fans to vent their spleen at the players for one of the most embarassing performances in the history of PTFC.

As has already been mentioned, it used to be far worse when we could leave the ground via the City End.

You mean better!

;)

At a Scottish football game where Partick Thistle, a team with a proud history and tradition in the professional game put in a gutless display against a team in the Scottish Junior North Premier League who were formed in 2001

Culter were formed around 1891 and stepped up the Junior ranks in season 1987/88. A Club from a different level from our own certainly but one with a "proud history" all the same.

Just because a Club is a 'smaller' one doesn't mean that those that support them don't take pride in their Club. I take pride in Partick Thistle, through the good and the bad (and, yes, Saturday was one of the bad days)just as much as fan of, say, Barcelona takes pride in their Club even though they have pots and pots of silverware and we, err, don't really.

Anyway, not sure of the point I'm trying to make but if you want to read more about the history of Culter then pick up a programme on Saturday. :P

By god no wonder we get called ''snoby west end luvvies''. There's certainly a few on here.

There was NOTHING wrong with the vid.

I actually think the criticism the players got off the fans at the end of the game will do them good. They will take it on board and do their best to make sure nothing like this will ever happen again.

The current squad now know us fans are a passionate lot and Thistle means the world to us if anything.

Would they know that if no one shouted at them as they came off the park on sat??

I saw the Zenit match in the champ league was suspended tonight as a fan or fans threw flares onto the park. One of the Zenit players went up to a group of the fans and was pleading with them to stop. he is clearly seen to be referring to the fans as idiots.

The Zenit fans forum should be a fun filled place tonight!

:lol:

By god no wonder we get called ''snoby west end luvvies''. There's certainly a few on here.

There was NOTHING wrong with the vid.

I actually think the criticism the players got off the fans at the end of the game will do them good. They will take it on board and do their best to make sure nothing like this will ever happen again.

The current squad now know us fans are a passionate lot and Thistle means the world to us if anything.

Would they know that if no one shouted at them as they came off the park on sat??

Spot on.

Balatoni's twitter-

New week fresh start. What don't kill you only makes you stronger. Ill prove them wrong..

Some grounding is what they needed.

Imagine if the likes of Jackie McNamara or Aaron Sinclair was to burst into the office you worked in and call you ever name under the sun just because you have had a bad day. Unfortunately it's not the first time the clubs supporters have been guilty of such vile: I remember last season when we lost away to Cowdenbeath a Jags fan spat on Craig Hinchcliffe.

If any of us turned up for work and showed such a complete lack of effort, never mind complete incompetency, then we would be in very real danger of being sacked. What makes you think the players should not have been alerted to their failure to perform on Saturday?

If any of us turned up for work and showed such a complete lack of effort, never mind complete incompetency, then we would be in very real danger of being sacked. What makes you think the players should not have been alerted to their failure to perform on Saturday?

Don't worry milhouse, this is the same guy who came on a public forum 20 minutes after the full time whistle had blown on the Berwick game to post...

What sickened me more than the result was the attitude of those morons today! Those guys are paid money to take part in a bloody hobby, and they stroll about the park doing f-all! No creativity, no runs from midfield...not even a spark of enthusiasm and effort.

I can only imagine it took him 20 mins as he had spent the first 5 after full time hurling abuse from the acceptable distance of the JH Stand.

Maybe calling a player a moron is acceptable on a public forum, but to tell them to their face that their performance was "fcking shocking" is not! :thinking:

Yeah we would. If my boss, however, burst into the office and said you can F**k off back to Port glasgow ya useless c**t, you should never work in here again. Or if a customer said as much to me on the phone or in the office then I'd have grounds for complaint.

I've yet to hear any supporter say that Saturday's result was acceptable. Where there is a difference of opinion is what is acceptable to have said to Jackie and the players, or in what manner.

There is a huge difference between someone standing and shouting, "What the f**k was that all about Archie" and someone, Leaning over in a threatening manner, eyes almost popping out their sockets, veins almost bursting out their neck, screaming the same statement. Now if that is what happened then that was wrong, end of.

Yeah we would. If my boss, however, burst into the office and said you can F**k off back to Port glasgow ya useless c**t, you should never work in here again. Or if a customer said as much to me on the phone or in the office then I'd have grounds for complaint.

I've yet to hear any supporter say that Saturday's result was acceptable. Where there is a difference of opinion is what is acceptable to have said to Jackie and the players, or in what manner.

There is a huge difference between someone standing and shouting, "What the f**k was that all about Archie" and someone, Leaning over in a threatening manner, eyes almost popping out their sockets, veins almost bursting out their neck, screaming the same statement. Now if that is what happened then that was wrong, end of.

Possibly the biggest exageration of the video, yet! good work Lenny.

As i mentioned previously, as it's now down, it will give folk the freedom to spout any nonsense about what it contained!

Possibly the biggest exageration of the video, yet! good work Lenny.

As i mentioned previously, as it's now down, it will give folk the freedom to spout any nonsense about what it contained!

I never saw the video. I also wasn't at Culter.

I've read my post again and I see no problem with what i've said. Can I ask, have you read some of the comments towards some of the players on here? some have been referred to as c***s and been told to f** off back to hearts. No exaggeration...that is fact.

My other observation was made on the basis if something happened, NOT that it did.

I never saw the video. I also wasn't at Culter.

I've read my post again and I see no problem with what i've said. Can I ask, have you read some of the comments towards some of the players on here? some have been referred to as c***s and been told to f** off back to hearts. No exaggeration...that is fact.

My other observation was made on the basis if something happened, NOT that it did.

Thats my point Lenny, you are involved in a discussion and sharing your opinion about a video that you have never seen, from a game that you weren't at.

you are using imaginery scenarios about peoples work place, when you don't even know what was said, in what tone it was made, how far they were from the players, how many there were.

by the statements you make in the above post, there's is an inference that these are the things that happenned in the video. allowing folk who have also not seen it, to believe that these are things that took place in the video.

Just to clear it up.... none of the things shouted came close to:

you can F**k off back to (wherever) ya useless c**t, you should never work in here again.

Leaning over in a threatening manner, eyes almost popping out their sockets, veins almost bursting out their neck, screaming the statement "What the f**k was that all about Archie"

That statement was said, but in nowehere near the manner you suggest.

Edited by potty trained