Rumours

Lionel J. Botch

IF Sinclair goes, then so be it. Without some minor miracle we've little of chance of challenging for promotion in any case, so let Lindsay get some good experience under his belt for next season. Give JM a small tranche of the transfer money for another youngster, and put the rest towards reducing the debt.

Hold on though. If, and it's a big if, Sinclair is on his way, how much of the fee will be due to Montrose.? It'a a near certainty that they would have this written into the original deal. In any case, any money due to us will be required to offset the loss of income from Warriors, not to sign new players.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a team is willing to part with £175k for a player as raw as Sinclair, I'd bite their hand off.

I'd definitely take Twads if he wanted to come back. The guy was such an important part of our team, not only defensively but in an attacking sense; every goal kick was aimed out to the left side for Twads to head on. He overlapped better than Sinclair does and his crossing, in my opinion, was better and more consistent. And, as someone has already said, he isn't too shabby at centre-half. Take him back in a heartbeat.

But this is all wild speculation. I very much doubt, but will be ecstatic, if any team is willing to pay that amount for Sinclair.

This.

IF true tho, a reasonably big fee for Sinclair, Twaddle to replace him and Balatoni to sign/have loan extend til the end of the season would be ok business in January. If we could also get a replacement for Hutton (who can provide the strikers with service) or a striker (in the Deuchar mould) that would be great.

The rumour mill is great eh?

If a team is willing to part with £175k for a player as raw as Sinclair, I'd bite their hand off.

But this is all wild speculation. I very much doubt, but will be ecstatic, if any team is willing to pay that amount for Sinclair.

I posted a few weeks back that the club don't expect to hold onto sinclair during january transfer window. My source...David Beattie. Where is sinclair going and for how much......have no idea. He never said and I never asked. He did say though, there is a lot of interest from south of the border.

If there's enough interest then we should anticipate a healthy enough return. If it's only one club doing the bidding I'd be very surprised if we get as much as £175K. What we don't know is firstly what Montrose are due (flat rate/percentage/zilch) and is the reported interest in Aaron been followed up by competitive bids.

I quite like the idea of us netting a sufficient sum to match one year of the Warriors input with a few bob left over to cover a decent quality loan signing.

All conjecture of course but regardless of what happens in January us signing Sinclair was an excellent piece of business.

If there's enough interest then we should anticipate a healthy enough return. If it's only one club doing the bidding I'd be very surprised if we get as much as £175K. What we don't know is firstly what Montrose are due (flat rate/percentage/zilch) and is the reported interest in Aaron been followed up by competitive bids.

I quite like the idea of us netting a sufficient sum to match one year of the Warriors input with a few bob left over to cover a decent quality loan signing.

All conjecture of course but regardless of what happens in January us signing Sinclair was an excellent piece of business.

I have seen a figure of 16% sell on mentioned after Thistle paid £9000 for him??

Would be excellent bit of business for us if we got that much cash for him. Unless he's been injured, I've noticed Bob Harris hasn't been able to get a game in the championship, and for me he's a better all around player than Sinclair, and his free kicks actually result in goals once in a while. So I think to get that much cash for only raw talent would be excellent (providing it's re-invested in the team - fat chance I know).

• 2 weeks later...

I really should stop reading this rumours site, but:

Aberdeen want John Sutton from Hearts and Kris Doolan from Partick Thistle. They are also in talks with Steven Hughes. Josh Magennis has been told he can leave.

http://www.football-...tickThistle.php

That's an interesting one. Doolan had an excellent season last time around, and is looking like getting back on form after a barren couple of months. He's a "poacher" who can score if you give him a half-decent chance inside the box (which we haven't been doing much, hence his lean spell until recently). He's definitely a good guy to have in the squad, but could he cut it at a higher level? Who knows, but I'd actually be happy if we got anything near 100K for him.

Used to quite like Burchill (remember him single-handedly keeping Dunfermline in the SPL one season) but he's surely getting on a but - on hearing his name I assumed he had retired. Where's he been hiding?

In other news, Scott Fox to Dunfermline.

Cyprus division one.