Rumour Mill

stuart_adam

Under Contract: Alan Archibald, Paddy Boyle, Liam Buchanan, Paul Cairney, Marc Corcoran, Chris Erskine, Martin Grehan, Kris Doolan, Bryan Hodge, Willie Kinniburgh, Paul Paton, John Robertson, David Rowson

My count there is 13, yet in the ET Cowan says we have 12 players under contract next season... Am I right with these? If so.. does that indicate his figures are wrong, or someones leaving?

Under Contract: Alan Archibald, Paddy Boyle, Liam Buchanan, Paul Cairney, Marc Corcoran, Chris Erskine, Martin Grehan, Kris Doolan, Bryan Hodge, Willie Kinniburgh, Paul Paton, John Robertson, David Rowson

My count there is 13, yet in the ET Cowan says we have 12 players under contract next season... Am I right with these? If so.. does that indicate his figures are wrong, or someones leaving?

Cowan & McCall both said we have 13 the other night, maybe it's just a typo in the ET, or he knows something we don't.

Some of the 13 will be leaving, or at be told they can leave if they can find a club, my guess who: Boyle, Kinniburgh, Doolan, maybe Grehan & Corcoran. + Paton being sold if someone offers us a decent price.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

I think 2 from your list could be offski if the chance presents itself to offload them.

McMenamin would be a great signing but I doubt we could afford him.

The Deuchar rumour appears to be absolute nonsense and, according to a Saintee mate, he has been offered a new contract at St Johnstone.

Wouldn't mind having a look at Alan Lithgow. Just not at his baws.

McMenamin and Deuchar could be two great signings to fire up our shot-shy attack, but as said by others we probably couldn't afford them/rumours are absolute nonsense/they wouldn't come to us.

We'll probably see very few additions to the squad over the close season reading between various lines, and will have to be content with what we have already, supplemented mainly by under 19's and the like.

What we need we most likely will not get, and unless McCall can raise funds from selling on some current contracted players, I don't expect us to make any signings that will inspire confidence or raised expectations amongst the support for next season.

We are where we are thanks to years of mis-management off the park, and football in Scotland is on it's ass, so looks like we will have to try muddle through for a few seasons and hope league reconstruction does transpire, and by hook or crook Thistle somehow find themselves back in the top league and able to stay in it while not breaking the bank and hopefully trading at a level that see's the club being able to post a small profit year on year.

We can but dream.

Cowan & McCall both said we have 13 the other night, maybe it's just a typo in the ET, or he knows something we don't.

Some of the 13 will be leaving, or at be told they can leave if they can find a club, my guess who: Boyle, Kinniburgh, Doolan, maybe Grehan & Corcoran. + Paton being sold if someone offers us a decent price.

I don't think Grehan has any chance of being shoved out the door, McCall has stated ever since he signed him that he is one for next season.