Justin

uberteeb

Weather held up for the most part, Sinclair's free kick was a beauty. Missed our first goal, missed the dancing girls and missed the steak pies despite being served right on the half time whistle.

Despite the Haha fans screaming for about ten hand ball penalties only one was actually a penalty but that wasbt given eirher.

What the Hell was going on for the third Livi goal, didn't really have a good view.

Second and third goals both looked to me like a lack of communication between the keeper and his defenders.

Much as i thought Scully made 2 or 3 excellent saves at the end of the day he has cost us three points down to 3 goalkeeping errors.Fox must come back in next week

Despite the Haha fans screaming for about ten hand ball penalties only one was actually a penalty but that wasbt given eirher.

only remember two shouts, one for a blatant handball from (i think) Lavvy number 5, who had already been booked. the other was for handball just outside the 18 yard box. on both occasions, most of the players were looking for the foul.

generally, another utterly inept display of officiating over the 90 minutes. the aforementioned Lavvy no 5 was booked for swinging an elbow into Sinclair's chest. Violent conduct, so red should have been dispensed.

unless Fox is carrying an injury, Mcnamara's decision to favour Scully appears naive. the defence, which otherwise had only one forced change today, has been pretty tight at home for most of this season and Fox has played a significant part in that.

can't think of any player who kept their focus for the whole 90 minutes. and Erskine has to find consistency next season, the credits have run out on the zany unpredictable but occasionally entertaining youngster.

zero points from two home games is simply not acceptable. having said all that, i've seen us play a whole lot worse and win by a country mile.

Edited by John Blutarsky

unless Fox is carrying an injury, Mcnamara's decision to favour Scully appears naive. the defence, which otherwise had only one forced change today, has been pretty tight at home for most of this season and Fox has played a significant part in that.

Couldnt agree more. The time to give the young fella a run is when we are deffo clear of the relegation play offs, certainly not now. We would have probably won today if The Fox was between the sticks. Ryan pulled off three great saves but was to blame for two of their goals. Get The Fox back and then give Scully the last couple of games

I think Jackie made a big error playing Scully, he did make some good saves but we would have least got a draw if Fox was between the sticks. Fox is the clubs number one keeper and if fit he has to play.

Livi played well, their pace upfront caused us problems and they used the width of the park well. Our defence looked shaky against them, with Roberson particularly looking uncomfortable, in hindsight Kinniburgh or Balatoni would have been a better choice.

I thought we were in control of the game before Scully’s first error – I thought we were likely to add to our score at this point.

Mcguigan looked okay, but I thought it was the wrong sub by Jackie for me, Naismith or Elliot would have been better.

Edited by Alan Murray

I couldn't make it down today but am I right in being scared looking at the league table?

Canny believe we are potentially looking at another div 2 world?

I'll make it down for the next two home games.....scream and shout for Jags wins.....we might need them?

Calm my nerves Jagsfans am i being paranoid????

I think Jackie made a big error playing Scully, he did make some good saves but we would have least got a draw if Fox was between the sticks. Fox is the clubs number one keeper and if fit he has to play.

Livi played well, their pace upfront caused us problems and they used the width of the park well. Our defence looked shaky against them, with Roberson particularly looking uncomfortable, in hindsight Kinniburgh or Balatoni would have been a better choice.

I thought we were in control of the game before Scully’s first error – I thought we were likely to add to our score at this point.

Mcguigan looked okay, but I thought it was the wrong sub by Jackie for me, Naismith or Elliot would have been better.

Hindsight, hindsight, hindsight.

Remember at the start of the season Fox's awful form, costing us points? If he was to start flapping crosses into his own net again then he has to be dropped. Everyone forgot Scully's contribution to getting us 3 points at Dens Park? which was one of three away victories so far this season.

First goal, Scully's fault - no question. Shit happens. Remember our last home game against Livingston? Kenny Deuchar somehow managing to header the ball into his own, with no one around him. These blunders happen. The guy is 19 years old. I didn't see any encouragement from any of his team mates after the mistake. Where was the support, where was Archie the captain?

McGuigan was the right type of sub to make. All we did in the second half, was play it down the wings and try, and most of the time fail to get any good crosses into the box. The one good cross came from McGuigan. There was nothing through the middle. All long ball, punts and awful service to Doolan, who worked his arse off up front. His touches are so important because he managed to hold the ball up when he could.

I can't see how bringing on Elliot or Naismith would have been better, when they are both best suited to getting service on the deck. We've spent 7 months watching long balls being punted up to Eliot and it doesn't work.

Edited by northernsoul

Imo Scully cost us the game.First goal a terrible mistake,2nd and 3rd confusion between him and our defenders,why did he come rushing out of his goal ? which caused the 3rd.It was avery good finish by Russell but if Scully had stayed on his line i dont think he would have had a shot.Fox must come back in as i feel we need another 4pts at least to be safe.Once we get them give Scully another chance.

The 3rd goal was caused by the 2nd, after Robertson and Scully spent a couple of seconds going "after you, Mr Boulding" at the 2nd they both decided it was their ball at the 3rd and banged into each other.

And for all the rubbish at the back, I don't think we forced their keeper into a save once we got it back to 3-2, McGuigan's tame header aside. Once again when a team shuts up shop against us (as Livi did after the 3rd goal with their 2 subs) we can't break them down.

Even in the last 10 minutes I thought we'd get a third- was more concerned we'd lose a 4th- but we really were toothless again when it counted.

Edited by Ancipital

Hindsight, hindsight, hindsight.

Remember at the start of the season Fox's awful form, costing us points? If he was to start flapping crosses into his own net again then he has to be dropped. Everyone forgot Scully's contribution to getting us 3 points at Dens Park? which was one of three away victories so far this season.

First goal, Scully's fault - no question. Shit happens. Remember our last home game against Livingston? Kenny Deuchar somehow managing to header the ball into his own, with no one around him. These blunders happen. The guy is 19 years old. I didn't see any encouragement from any of his team mates after the mistake. Where was the support, where was Archie the captain?

McGuigan was the right type of sub to make. All we did in the second half, was play it down the wings and try, and most of the time fail to get any good crosses into the box. The one good cross came from McGuigan. There was nothing through the middle. All long ball, punts and awful service to Doolan, who worked his arse off up front. His touches are so important because he managed to hold the ball up when he could.

I can't see how bringing on Elliot or Naismith would have been better, when they are both best suited to getting service on the deck. We've spent 7 months watching long balls being punted up to Eliot and it doesn't work.

If you look at the team v livi thread you can see I wanted Fox in before Scully. Fox is the best keeper at Firhill and should play if fit. Everybody knows Scully is young and will make mistakes but you have to play your best team.

He did get a fair bit of encouragement from the crowd and several players did speak to him. I noticed last week he totally misjudged a corner leaving his goal exposed - the warning signs were there.

Fox did make a few errors early on in the season but has proved himself a top goalkeeper in the league in the time he has been here.

I would have put Elliot on before Mcguigan, his pace can unsettle teams and he scored coming off the bench at Queens.

What about Colin?

Point blank refuse to go to any game against Livingston - horrible plastic club.

Went to Carlisle v Huddersfield yesterday instead - fancied seeing the much-hyped Andy Rhodes play - not a bad day out - great to watch football from terracing again, decent crowd (7,503) and cheaper entry than Firhill.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I think it's fair to say that Ryan Scully did not cover himself in glory yesterday but I do believe he has the potential to be a superb keeper. His shot stopping is in my opinion far better than Scott Fox, just look at the excellent saves he made in the first half, but he is poor with the ball at his feet i.e. clearances under pressure! He is young and still learning his trade. No one will be more aware than Ryan that he cost us a win yesterday but hopefully he will have learned from this setback and come back stronger !

I'm sticking to the pie thread, HARRUMMMPH! Maybe just a wee comment.... This type of tactics at home games is killing us. Remember when IMC was told to do better at home games? Well it's time that JMN was given the riot act on home games. That's next season's budget at risk and no amount of leaflets is going to combat suicidal home games.

Smashing day for the scapegoaters.

Might as well join in. How many penalties has Fox now faced. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe he's saved any? :thumbdown:

:)

And that includes the 50/50 half time draw penalty shoot out :lol:

Edited by Camallain

Thought the defence were shocking yesterday.Paton and O'Donnell didn't seem to have a clue what their role was meant to be throughout.Gauling that we scored two terrific goals and still lost to that mob but as much as Scully's mistakes were to blame I felt tactically we were out thought too.Don't know if last week's debacle affected Jmacs judgement but I felt he got it all wrong.The fact that the players "lifted" their game for a while when we went to 3-2 tells me that they weren't playing at 100% to begin with.Did anyone else see the way Robertson reacted after being subbed? The guy was ragin' and sat on the bench visabilly in the huff for the rest of the match.

The usual mix of good and bad.Scully's performance kind of summed up our season,three wonder saves and three blunders.It's maybe an experience he has to go through to make him a better keeper.

In a liftime of supporting Thistle this squad is as infuriating as I've ever seen to watch, capable of some great football and also of being utterly dire in the same match.

Disappointing to lose, but I really enjoyed the game yesterday. Credit to both teams for, in the main, attempting to play a passing game on that pitch. Was entertaining end to end stuff. Not often I've been able to say that this season.

It's easy in hindsight to question the decision to start Scully ahead of Fox, but after the last 2 weeks he probably deserved to keep his place. Unfortunately young players are going to make mistakes and when you're a keeper they tend to cost you goals. All you can hope is that he'll learn from those mistakes. He showed his potential with the 3 or 4 quality saves he made.

Disappointing to lose, but I really enjoyed the game yesterday. Credit to both teams for, in the main, attempting to play a passing game on that pitch. Was entertaining end to end stuff. Not often I've been able to say that this season.

It's easy in hindsight to question the decision to start Scully ahead of Fox, but after the last 2 weeks he probably deserved to keep his place. Unfortunately young players are going to make mistakes and when you're a keeper they tend to cost you goals. All you can hope is that he'll learn from those mistakes. He showed his potential with the 3 or 4 quality saves he made.

That sums it up very nicely in my opinion

The keeper was not great but i feel sorry for the players having to play on that f***in awful pitch!

Smashing day for the scapegoaters.

Might as well join in. How many penalties has Fox now faced. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe he's saved any? :thumbdown:

:)

Hes as much use as not having anyone in goal when theres a penalty. Absolutely hopeless in that aspect.