Enjoy!

Big Dave

Cheers for the video, I was up on the terracing bit thinking 'no way did he do that' Nutter!!! Totally brilliant.

That's a university education for you :D .

Thought in general the lad made a lot of space for himself. OK, Ayr were down to 10 men and chasing the game but even so he looks like he's got decent positional sense. He'll need a lot of help in decision making but every reason to be hopeful he'll do us a turn.

Oh and an absolutely superb video clip :thumbsup2:

Absolutely despise this rule about bookings for celebrations.

Yeah totally agree. I don't blame the ref as he has to follow the instructions. It's those who make the rules that are so out of touch. What harm or offence did McGuigan cause yesterday? None, he gave joy to a group of supporters who had made the journey to support their team...he gave them something back. There was no "get it up you" towards the Ayr fans...just joy at scoring a goal.

FFS can the powers that be get this rule changed.

• Members

I recall a game in the 70's(?) before this rule was brought in, and a player jumping into the crowd to celebrate a goal causing an awful lot of trouble at that game. Also, it's a worldwide FIFA directive, therefore there is no chance of it being done away with.

I recall a game in the 70's(?) before this rule was brought in, and a player jumping into the crowd to celebrate a goal causing an awful lot of trouble at that game. Also, it's a worldwide FIFA directive, therefore there is no chance of it being done away with.

Just to clarify, was this the 1870's or 1970's?

Nice one!!! :happy3:

Are you a friend of wee Frank? Used to run the PTFC supporter's bus in the Ally Arms. :innocent2:

I don't think so mate. Did used to drink in the Ally a hell of a lot, but don't remember anyone called Frank or a bus leaving from there. Way back in time I did go on the bus that left from the Corona/Shed in Shawlands. Is that the one you mean?

Absolutely outstanding. He doesn't even think about it, he's already jumped the barrier by the time the ball hits the net.

Just marvellous.

More of this please. The standard of football may not be great at our level but we can make up for that with passion like this.

I don't think so mate. Did used to drink in the Ally a hell of a lot, but don't remember anyone called Frank or a bus leaving from there. Way back in time I did go on the bus that left from the Corona/Shed in Shawlands. Is that the one you mean?

Yip the bus did leave from the Corona... This was a poor attempt at dredging up a name from the past; but, nevertheless, a name that still resonates with some Jags fans of a certain vintage who used to frequent the Ally. If you drank in there then you'd have encountered the great man: Quentin Crisp meets the West End Jags fans of 'Chewin' the Fat' fame. He always flirted with my Italian-looking mate, never me. I was safe, my mate was his prey... :happy2:

Wee Frank claimed to be a Jags man and was always on the look out for my mate to share a suasage supper with him; but maybe this had nothing to do with George's chippie and was a coded message inviting him to go for a wee sightseeing trip to Camphill in Queen's Park; incidentally, you couldn't make those place names up and, as you'll know, I'm not! From memory, there was also a guy called Tom who drank in there but I don't think he was from Finland ;) .

Edited by Meister Jag