Celebs You Have A Tenuous Link To...

potty trained

Friend of mine grew up in Little Rock and was Chelsea Clinton's babysitter for a while. My Granny used to holiday in Skerries, north of Dublin, and got a lift to Sunday mass from Jack Lynch, the Irish PM, every week.

I once drove past Allen Jourgensen's house in Chicago - he wasn't in. Lemmy is my Dad.

kicked dave grohl in the balls at the QM - nirvana were touring with first album bleach - got wide so got jangled

I didn't think Dave Grohl joined Nirvana until just before they recorded Nevermind. IIRC, Nirvana's drummer at that time was Chad Channing, who had the reputation of being a bit of fud. Dave Grohl, on the other hand, has the reputation of being brand new. I suppose we can all of our moments though.

Anyway, I have two tenuous celebrity links to boast of. The first celeb I have a tenuous link to is Blackpool - and occasional Scotland - left-back Stephen Crainey, whose wife is the daughter of of my aunt's cousin (my aunt being my mum's brother's wife). The second celeb I have a tenuous link to is the captain of the Great Britain womens handball team, Lynn McCafferty, whose sister in law I once went out with. B)

Grew up round the corner from Paul Buchanan (Blue Nile) and played football with him a few times. Once got free champagne in a club in Glasgow when U2 made an appearance drinking with Simple Minds. We were nowhere near them and one of my mates just went over and blagged one, good quality too. I think it was the Warehouse but long ago now and time can be a funny old chap.

I got knocked over and trod on by Malcolm Allison in the 1970's outside Maine Road. We were playing Burnage High School on a school football trip and our 'reward' was a visit to Maine Road to 'enjoy' City drawing with Coventry. He never even said sorry. I also got taught by Welsh rugby legend Barry John when he was a student teacher on teaching practice.

I also had a sweatband from a member of Mud, left in their dressing room after a concert at Derby College of Art in the 1970's. Oh, and I shared a 'magic fag' on stage with Dave Brock or Nik Turner after a Hawkwind concert (I could never tell which was which. Lemmy was on bass and Stacia and a pal pranced around the stage nekkid.

Played water polo against Prince William. Refused to serve Ally McCoist at Hampden once.
This is quality. Water polo against future King
My dad went to college with the guy from Fingermouse. We went to his house for dinner one time. Didn't get to meet the mouse though. I was more of a Button Moon man anyway.
But then this trumps His Future Majesty. Fingermouse!

My cousin married someone who is friends with Terry Christian and I saw him at the wedding. He is as ugly and ratty in real life as he is on tv. Face you could not tire of volleying.

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo

Scotland Rugby captain alistair kellock played at our rugby club and is still up most games, I used to party with bez from happy mondays when he was in scotland, **** those were messy nights!

I remember Bez doing a DJ set in a club in Blackpool about ten years ago. At one point I was on the dance floor having a bit of a boogie and noticed out of the corner of my eye someone dancing quite near me. It was Bez himself, doing his wee Bez dance! :D