Celebs You Have A Tenuous Link To...

potty trained

• 8 months later...

here are mine:

My cousin is Gerry Britton and hence so is Jim Murphy MP

I used to work with Alex Toastie Burns- when he used to call or text me I had a pic of him playing for us that would flash up

I met Peter Buck of R.E.M.

One day in the street, Paul McStay shouted on me and said hi - i used to coach with him.

I was Thistle mascot for the 1992 Tennents sixes and met the whole team

Got drunk with the late great Ollie Reid

Used to go fishing with Mani in his scream days

Shared an ambulance with Kermit from Black Grape at T in the park in 95

Used to party with Mani & the other boys from Scream when they were in town

Attended a very very messy party with Pete Docherty in Stavanger 2 years ago

Went to the same school as Ian Brady (should I own up to that?) and used to sit beside Jerry Sadowitz at school (found him quite shy and full of card tricks!). David Livingstone is a relative on my mum's side.

ha ha I used to teach at Shawlands!

Mr Rogers told me that in the staff room the teachers would say - "That Sadowitz is a hoot!"

Bring back the Pall Bearer's revue

Shared the players tunnel with Mark Bosnich and Terry Veneables in 1997. I was going off after officiating in a curtain raising game, and Bosnich was lining up waiting to go on.

Also sat beside George Hannah (ex Jags Physio) at an after match meal when he played in the Australian National league in 1992

Edited by Exiled AusJag

Got drunk with the late great Ollie Reid

Used to go fishing with Mani in his scream days

Shared an ambulance with Kermit from Black Grape at T in the park in 95

Used to party with Mani & the other boys from Scream when they were in town

Attended a very very messy party with Pete Docherty in Stavanger 2 years ago

Think I would have killed to be at that party at that time!

No where near as fun as yours but my grandpa's cousin is Daniel O'donnel's mum so I met him at a wedding a few years ago he sang at :secret: haha

My mate played in a rock band with John Gordon-Sinclair.

I have met several prog rock stars - e.g. most members of Yes, David Gilmour and Peter Gabriel. A former colleague worked for Wakeman as his keyboard technician.

A couple of former Eastenders actors live near me and I often see them in the local shops. I bumped into David Thewlis of Shameless at my local railway station recently.

I bumped into Ilie Nastase and Walter Smith in Mayfair. Smith was manager of Rangers at the time and had a big European game two days later.

When I was beaten up in Govanhill a few years ago I was rescued by one of the actors from the Dear Green Place (the tall one, can't remember his name). He was totally brilliant about it and offered to be a witness etc and called me the next day to check I was ok.

Have also met loads of famous politicians, but my proudest moment in politics was being called a "wee b******" by George Galloway on Hyndland Road.

When I was beaten up in Govanhill a few years ago I was rescued by one of the actors from the Dear Green Place (the tall one, can't remember his name). He was totally brilliant about it and offered to be a witness etc and called me the next day to check I was ok.

Have also met loads of famous politicians, but my proudest moment in politics was being called a "wee b******" by George Galloway on Hyndland Road.

Don't think I can beat TDP but Des O'Connor used to go out with my mother's sister who was dancer at the Glasgow Empire back in the day (she's in her 70's and is still dancing on some kind of pro-circuit for aged ballroom dancers in America and Canada).

In school I got beaten up on my way to Firhill complex and Lambie signing Gavin Duncan who worked at the complex at the time saw me alright once I got there. Brilliant guy!

When you say "saw" do you mean you used to go out with her, or do you just mean you literally saw her once?

I have a friend who once taught one of her children at school. Apparently Carol is as every bit a MILF in real life as you might think.

Ah just saw this and realised how it came across. I was just taking the piss really, thinking of the crappest celeb related story I could think of... Spotted her at Glasgow airport a good few years ago.

Have many other crap stories. Used to live next door to Charlie Miller.

When you say "saw" do you mean you used to go out with her, or do you just mean you literally saw her once?

once worked with a lad , who used to go out with her, in her Charlie Parker's

days before celebrity status.

i also have family links to GP racing drivers . foreign and local

Another true story that I had forgotten. When I lived in central London, I had a few drinks with George Best in Cafe Rouge - a great bloke who just loved football. Rodney Marsh, who lived round the corner, joined us. He and George were a double act for sportsmen's dinners etc.

Used to work with Iain Robertson's sister... Was Lex McLean in Small Faces and Gash Nesbitt in Rab C etc...

Very nice girl.

I went to school with his younger brother, used to drink with him all the time until he moved up north and I moved down south.

Stayed up the same west end close as Alistair Gray the writer.

Played at the Pavillion in a Radio Clyde Battle of the bands final and we were introduced by Mark Goodyear

Was on Dougie Donelly's 4 from 6 quiz

Spoke to Sinbad from Brookside in a Liverpool nightclub as we watched 2 guys kick the shit out of each other

Supported Sigu Sigue sputnick at the QMU

Played at the same Liverpool Uni all-nighter as Dr and the medics

Played 5 a side against Paul Kinnaird's team

Ate in the same Italian resturant as John lambie and Jim olIver (La Parmigiana in Gt Western Road)

Ate in the same resturant as Mavis from Corrie (Gamba)

Shook Joe Strummer's hand after an improptu accoustic gig in Yorkhill

Treated Carla Romana, Reeval Alderson and many others celebs and footballers when I was a Physio including Gary Jacobs

Have I bored you yet