Jaggernaut

Watched Spain vs. France last night. What a bore-fest.

Like Barcelona, Spain are true masters at the pass-to-me-2-yards-pass-to-you-two-yards-pass-to-him-two-yards-he-passes-back-to-you-two-yards game. It's soporific/hypnotic to the point where you're just about to pass out from boredom and then they do something truly brilliant which opens up the defence.

So, it's 95% boring, 5% exciting.

Worth the money? Not for me. I wouldn't pay very often to go to see that, if it was club football.

'Mon Italy!

Had this argument before re Barca. They and Spain don't play boring football - but they force the opposition to play boring football (or sometimes dirty football). So what's your point? They shouldn't be so good? That's thier style and it's up to the opposition to stop them one way or the other.

People defend Chelsea for .. well, defending in depth ... even though that made for a pretty dull CL final. Why attack a team for playing skillfully and being so good most teams feel they've got to try to kill the game when they play them?

I have enjoyed The Euros up till last nights game which was brutal. Jeez France didnt even have a go in the last half hour when it was still only 1-0. Just hope England get knocked out tonight as Chiles, Lineker, Tyldesley, Shearer and co are gettting cocky now that they are only three games away from the final. As they say, they only have to beat Italy, Germany and Spain or Portugal to get their hands on the trophy....nae problem!! My own unbiased feeling is that Engerland have been one of the worst teams in the tournament!!

Had this argument before re Barca. They and Spain don't play boring football - but they force the opposition to play boring football (or sometimes dirty football). So what's your point? They shouldn't be so good? That's thier style and it's up to the opposition to stop them one way or the other.

People defend Chelsea for .. well, defending in depth ... even though that made for a pretty dull CL final. Why attack a team for playing skillfully and being so good most teams feel they've got to try to kill the game when they play them?

Sorry, but for me it's boring. They are not forcing the other team to be boring; it's them who pass back and forward and side-to-side eternally. And as I acknowledged, they are masters at it. So good at it that even though France were behind virtually nothing changed in the second half. You can't accuse France of trying to "kill the game" when they were losing!

But let me repeat my point: It's boring to watch.

Sorry, but for me it's boring. They are not forcing the other team to be boring; it's them who pass back and forward and side-to-side eternally. And as I acknowledged, they are masters at it. So good at it that even though France were behind virtually nothing changed in the second half. You can't accuse France of trying to "kill the game" when they were losing!

I agree. I didn't watch the 2nd half last night, give me 1st division football any day.

The Spanish are missing David Villa big time .He seemed to be the final cuting edge to their pass , pass ,pass mentality.Did they have a shot on target apart from the penalty in the second half? A technical masterclass but bored the tits off me.

Reminded me of Thistle under Murdo McLeod when we would have so much possesion and passes and no end result.........well maybe not quite so much..

The Spanish are missing David Villa big time .He seemed to be the final cuting edge to their pass , pass ,pass mentality.Did they have a shot on target apart from the penalty in the second half? A technical masterclass but bored the tits off me.

Reminded me of Thistle under Murdo McLeod when we would have so much possesion and passes and no end result.........well maybe not quite so much..

Surely the one and only time that Spain could be compared to Partick Thistle under Murder McLeod.....lol :shok:

Spain don't want to pass it from side to side continually, but they're usually faced with packed defences so they have the option to force a forward ball through the eye of the needle, resort to shooting from distance or keep possession. Where they differ from other teams is that they have the patience and confidence in their own ability to keep possession.

I never tire of watching a team who pass and move, have a fantastic first touch and also have the ethic which sees them work as hard off the ball as they do on it. Don't find it boring at all.

France have quality attacking players but picked 2 full backs to play on the right side of the team, and left out guys like Nasri and Ben Arfa. They were the ones showing no ambition, so it's harsh to blame Spain.

France have quality attacking players but picked 2 full backs to play on the right side of the team, and left out guys like Nasri and Ben Arfa. They were the ones showing no ambition, so it's harsh to blame Spain.

Nailed it in one, DS.

Spain only did what they are good at. France were struggling to be rank rotten last night.

Seemingly Laurent Blanc was asked at a press conference why all teams adjust their style of play against Spain.

He said that you always adjust when the other team has the ball. In most games that would be roughly 50% of the time. Against Spain it tends to be nearer 75%.

I still take Germany to beat Spain in the final.

he was absolutley shocking tonight but Shearer saying England are now about 5th in the world is the ranting of a madman.

I know scotland england rivalry aside he,s a disgrace england players dont foul italians do his cohort called an italian a west ham reject

I know scotland england rivalry aside he,s a disgrace england players dont foul italians do his cohort called an italian a west ham reject

Heard that and i thought what a disgraceful comment to make but they then surpassed themselves when one of the italian players was down injured.....he was only shown on the screen for a second or 2 rubbing the back of his leg and then the commentator (Guy?) says...."is that italian down with a hamstring injury" to which the bold Lawro replies "we can only hope so"

Disgraceful doesnt even come close to to it....these people should not beallowed near a microphone

I have to say, the standard of commentary for the England match was unbelievably poor. I mean,

I think the moment when the commentator starts hoping that Pirlo or Abate are injured, is the moment when they should be moved off BBC to somewhere more befitting like TALKsport. It really was like being in a pub with two English guys in front of you. I can understand, and agree people should be supporting their national football team, but their really should be a limit, it just seemed pretty unprofessional for a commentator. Especially calling

Alessandro Diamanti a West Ham reject...he played 28 games scoring 7 goals and was runner up in the West Ham player of the year (second to of course Scott Parker).

...but hey, he did score the winning penalty so I'm happy

:)

Lawrenson is a disgrace. How this man gets paid from the BBC and our licence fee is beyond me. He never utters one sensible comment or adds anything to the enjoyment of the game. Even the tone of his voice would depress you.

This is not just your usual anti English feeling either as I can understand other commentators or ex players getting over excited and patriotic but he is a complete moronic imbecile.