Pressley

Lindau

What did he say?

he was on stv, it might be on bbc scotland at 6.30, he just basically said he hopes all sfl chairman vote against it as its being disguised as saving the scottish game but its only to benefit THEM! spot on Pressley. I hope someone comes out and says we're being blackmailed.

The guy speaks a lot of sense. Where's our management in all of this??

Rightly staying out of it until such times as our Board speaks out. After what Beattie said last weke, and the reaction of the fans to that, it would be folly to come out and say anything right now.

Edited by Steven H

The guy speaks a lot of sense. Where's our management in all of this??

I think for their own safety Jackie and Sid should say nothing, after reading an earlier follow follow post about half the forum wanted to march to JJB and knock a guy out cos he said ' we don't have the newco top in xxxxl '

Other than his dithering on league sizes, I find Pressley to be pretty forthright and more in line with reality than most of the muppets masquerading as chairman of SPL clubs or sitting at the top seats of the game's governing bodies.

Strange, had no time for him a couple of years ago, but he has come up greatly in my estimation. At least he has the gonads to say what's on his mind.

Indeed, this is in addition to his comments on that BBC programme a couple of months back. Pressley is I think the first Scottish football figure to go public and tell it like it is. Ironic that it was on STV a.k.a. the Rangers channel.

Me and Homerjag's brother who is a journo covering SFL games every Saturday is unmoveable in his view that Pressley is a man of forthright straight talking and principle.

Our brother is a cynic - to put it mildly - and so his view must have some credibility, despite me having tried to convince him, in the past, that Pressley is delusional.

Well played Elvis.

Not quite sure about this seeing as they state we are voting no, but this certainly aint what Pressley was saying last night on the telly!!!

http://www.eveningti...angers.18015175

Something of the shop steward about Mr P. Might be wrong but I think his agenda is more to do with league sizes. Hypothetically if the SFA/SPL/SFL had outlined a plan for larger leagues then he may not be so adamant about newco's positioning.

Hate to say this but there could've been a bit of "pressure" put on the fella over the last 24 hours.

Something of the shop steward about Mr P. Might be wrong but I think his agenda is more to do with league sizes. Hypothetically if the SFA/SPL/SFL had outlined a plan for larger leagues then he may not be so adamant about newco's positioning.

Hate to say this but there could've been a bit of "pressure" put on the fella over the last 24 hours.

Also - just for the moment, we might hear otherwise - always consider the media in this country have always been in the OF's popcket, and especially the blue half of them. They could easily have put a few questions to him about there being some financial downside (which there may very well be) and then written up, exaggerating what were bland replies.

Not quite sure what Pressley has got right. It reads like he would be happy for Rangers to stay in the top flight as long as it was a bigger league. Presumably he would be ok with 14 given that Falkirk finished 3rd. If they had finished lower than that he would probably be asking for 16. Nowhere does he say that Rangers should be punished !

Not quite sure what Pressley has got right. It reads like he would be happy for Rangers to stay in the top flight as long as it was a bigger league. Presumably he would be ok with 14 given that Falkirk finished 3rd. If they had finished lower than that he would probably be asking for 16. Nowhere does he say that Rangers should be punished !

It's not mentioned in that particular article but Falkirk have come out against newco in Division 1. It was more his comments on the lack of leadership from Doncaster and Regan, as well as the lack of imagination when it comes to reconstruction I was referring to anyway.

He's absolutely spot on.

I just do not believe this doomsday scenario, I'm not buying it for a minute.

It is complete and utter scaremongering.

Yes clubs will have to cut back in the short term, might not necessarily be a bad thing. But no way will it result in EVERY club going bust as the SFA and SPL would have you believe.