New Thistle Statement

gg1971

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here comes what our club have been asking for;

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18754479

We are ready to sell our dignity if give us a big enough carrot - that should have been our statement..

It turns out that Airdrie/Gretna/Third Lanark weren't bankrupt - just poor

Just re-read the following and (being a bit more awake now) something occurs to me.

""that Rangers FC shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game..."

The meeting is only for the SFL members. So any negotiations have to be after this.

So how can we know we are going to get a satisfactory agreement in advance of the decision to let them into Div 1?? Are they going to make it a provisional place?

Or are they going to say we'll negotiate but where Newco ends up depends on the result of those negotiations? In that case then when is the season going to start? Serious negotiations would take weeks.

Unless someone turns up with a pre-prepared plan for them to agree to. But would it make sense to expect Reagan/Donkey and their cronies to keep their word on anything.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I’m struggling to decide whether the Board’s statement is a barely veiled green light to the SFA - providing they do the dirty work - or the whines of a Board unhappy at being asked to clean up someone else’s mess. I’d like to think it’s the latter, but there are sentences in there that are more qualified than Stephen Hawking. The ‘as it currently stands’ caveat is a concern.

I’m struggling to decide whether the Board’s statement is a barely veiled green light to the SFA - providing they do the dirty work - or the whines of a Board unhappy at being asked to clean up someone else’s mess. I’d like to think it’s the latter, but there are sentences in there that are more qualified than Stephen Hawking. The ‘as it currently stands’ caveat is a concern.

A lot depends on a couple of things. Firstly how much in the loop our Chairman/Board is/are? And secondly, even if they were "informed" and thus no innocent bystanders, have recent events surpassed them?

I'll take a guess and say we won't find the answers to above either soon or in depth enough to hold them culpable.

The way I feel tonight is if I was only allowed one effigy to burn David Beattie would be way down the ranking but then again so would be that clown Doncaster. Even Regan could rest easy while Longmuir and that smug tosser from Airdrie are still on the loose.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Surely the statement needed today is the one from Sevco?

This has to show that any request to join the SFL is backed up by the necessary evidence to prove they are suitable candidates - on both the sporting and busines front - ESPECIALLY a full risk assessment.

If this cannot be provided in time for the SFL clubs to digest - not one of them should take a "leap of faith" and accept this new entity into the SFL. END OF!!

For the sake of decent RFC fans, I do hope they get admitted to SFL3.

For the sake of everyone I hope that is where the line is drawn.

Didn't Livingstone have to give proof of business viability and they were only administration? Or something like that, anyone remember?

Correct.

If my old memory is as bad as yours, Livi also had to put up a bond, which they got returned after their first season after exiting admin. May be wide of the mark here, but a figure of £700k+ keeps rattling around my memory banks in relation to this.

I keep saying it, as do others, and i will not stop - ANY club seeking entry into the SFL has a process to go through and meet a raft of criteria ..... these include audited accounts for minimum last three years of trading (1, its a newco, so be almost four years before they can be in a position to meet this requirement, and 2 even under the oldco they only submitted audited accounts for 2009 and 2010 ..... they failed to submit accounts for 2011 (and obviously won't do so for 2012 either), so thats a clear breach and break of the entry requirements if they went down the "ah but no but we are RFC but we aren't but yes but no but we will use deadco when it suits us to try get zombieco back into SPL asap" argument.

As it is, we are only SEVENTEEN days away from start of season commencing - by Friday it will be only 15 days, it's too late to even consider moving clubs up leagues, redrawing cup draws, let alone the fact that admitting any form of RFC for 2012/13 will show up the entire Scottish Football to be rigged and weighted in favour of one club (and its ugly sister), and to fk with the rest. (that's even before we even introduce the phrase Sporting Integrity to the discussion).

In addition, the fact that the whole zombieco could go boom bust at any time in the coming weeks or months, the raft of legal challenges and investigations (those already under way, and those to come and start), the whole HMRC/BDO and creditors situation, the possibility of who owns what being challenged and changed, and there is just no way in this Galaxy, let alone Scottish Football or this earthly world, that any form of Zombiedeadco can be even considered, let alone permitted, to play in the professional leagues in 2012/13 season.

Best solution for now - ban/exclude/don't permit them in the SFL this season, let the knuckledragging hordes, charlatans, fly-by-knights, police, HMRC, governments, football governing bodies and many others fight over the scraps and see what kind of RFC may be alive in April/May 2013. This will also allow all the clubs and associations to carry out full and wide-ranging discussions over league reconstruction, governing bodies, fairer distribution of the wealth and so on and so forth, without any guns to their heads and unjust and ludicrous timeframes to come to unified agreements which is fair on ALL member clubs. And then, AND ONLY then, can ANY discussion and vote on the blue arse cheek and wif/when they could even be CONSIDERED and if/when they may be ELIGIBLE to apply to play in the professional leagues be even discusssed.

Oh, talking of which, did anyone notice part of the proposed reorganisation of scottish football included the rolling of the 3 associations into one (sfa, spl, sfl), but where clubs in the top league have TWO votes each, while those outwith the top league will get only one vote per club? Yet another example of how those who run the game continue to seek to corrupt it in their favour.

NO TO SEVCO (newco, deadco, zombieco, RFC) in SFL in 2012/13.

NO TO HAMFISTED HALFARSED HUNFAVOURING SPL&SFL RESTRUCTURING.

Anything less is a recipe for even greater disaster, both on the pitch and in the leagues this coming season, and which would also be the start of the death of Scottish Football as the whole structure collapses as 1000's of supporters across the country abandon the game in disgust.

The ones who should be walking away from the game for ever are the likes of Dudcaster, Regan, Ogilvie, Longmuir, Traynor, and any other dangleberrys who peddles the "ah but Scotland needs R*ng*rs" (let alone a 'strong' one or one that is in the top league.). Utter Fking Cretins.

according to Beeb SFL clubs will receive a piece of fudge cake from Ballantyne & Longmuir today. This is the "potential structural changes" bribe for letting sevco into the 2nd tier.

I'd expect details will be leaked by Thomson or usual channels fairly soon.

Evidently proposed a 14 team SPL from season 13/14

Good post Yoda!

In addition to all the goalpost moves you have correctly pointed out, after all the shenanigans that have gone on; does anyone really have any faith that come the following season should Sevco gain promotion the league structure waould be looked at again. i.e., SPL revert back to lets look after ourselves and stuff everyone else!

It would not surprise me should Sevco be parachuted into SFL1 and find themselves 10 points adrift at xmas, that the transfer embargo be lifted for January.

Alas the governing bodies have lost all credibility - what if anything was left of it - and little trust remains.

Another thought, what if clubs like Kilmarnock; Motherwell; Dundee United of Hearts were to go bust and liquidated.... would they automatically start in SFL1 - should it remain?

The whole episode is a shambles... SFL3 at best, anything else and Scottish football as a whole is being sold down the river.

New Raith Rovers statement thanking fans of other clubs for sending donations to the club and taking up sponsorship.

Raith Rovers would like to take the opportunity to thank fans, both of the club and other teams across Scotland, who’ve taken the time to contact us regarding the recent developments within Scottish Football.

The response has been overwhelming, and unexpected.

A few Aberdeen fans have grouped together to sponsor players for next season. One group, Aberdeen Fans For Sporting Integrity, are sponsoring Roary Rover and will donate the shirt to a local charity at the end of the season. They’ve already raised so much money that they are supporting other clubs in a similar way.

Pity the Jags board continue to prevaricate.

Best solution for now - ban/exclude/don't permit them in the SFL this season, let the knuckledragging hordes, charlatans, fly-by-knights, police, HMRC, governments, football governing bodies and many others fight over the scraps and see what kind of RFC may be alive in April/May 2013. This will also allow all the clubs and associations to carry out full and wide-ranging discussions over league reconstruction, governing bodies, fairer distribution of the wealth and so on and so forth, without any guns to their heads and unjust and ludicrous timeframes to come to unified agreements which is fair on ALL member clubs. And then, AND ONLY then, can ANY discussion and vote on the blue arse cheek and wif/when they could even be CONSIDERED and if/when they may be ELIGIBLE to apply to play in the professional leagues be even discusssed.

NO TO SEVCO (newco, deadco, zombieco, RFC) in SFL in 2012/13.

NO TO HAMFISTED HALFARSED HUNFAVOURING SPL&SFL RESTRUCTURING.

Well put, Yoda Jag

I'm increasingly of the view that this is indeed the best way forward. The league starts in a little over a fortnight. By all means let's press on with restructuring - but there is NO reason why the zombieco situation should be tied to this at all. If they even exist, they can give us a shout in good time before the NEXT season starts and we can then listen to what they have to say then. In the meantime, they have no right to presume that they should get back in at all.

New Raith Rovers statement thanking fans of other clubs for sending donations to the club and taking up sponsorship.

Raith Rovers would like to take the opportunity to thank fans, both of the club and other teams across Scotland, who’ve taken the time to contact us regarding the recent developments within Scottish Football.

The response has been overwhelming, and unexpected.

A few Aberdeen fans have grouped together to sponsor players for next season. One group, Aberdeen Fans For Sporting Integrity, are sponsoring Roary Rover and will donate the shirt to a local charity at the end of the season. They’ve already raised so much money that they are supporting other clubs in a similar way.

Pity the Jags board continue to prevaricate.

The same aberdeen that voted to kick Thistle out of the premier league when they knew that Inverness would be paying them to groundshare. Sporting integrity?

stoomac

That's the fans not the club. It looks very like the SPL clubs althugh they booted Newco out mabe did so for their own selfish reasons (e.g. changing the 11-1 voting system) know well that a deal had been agreed with Reagan and co to foist Newco on Div 1 so they were only out for a year.

I think also from reading some forums some of the fans who were rejoicing about the success of 'fan-power' are now wondering if they were diddled.

But the point remains (which a poster above made better than I did). We have a once in a lifetime chance to shake up Scottish football. If our clubs allow it to disappear because of some half baked promises (which may never be kept) then the decline we've seen will just accellerate. It will also be a disgrace because it will mean the leagues (with a few honorable exceptions) will have been complicit in condoning corruption on a scale far beyond anything ever seen in this country - and it won't be a wee dirty secret, every one will know about it.

I don't really see the argument that there was dodgy dealing in the past so let's just ignore something that goes far beyond anything that ever happened before. We had no way of changing things before. This time there's a chance we can. We may not get eveything we want, I realise that, but if the clubs don't hold firm we'll end up with nothing but a few useless baubles.

Edited by Mr Bunny

If we take sporting integrity, new rangers being punished, boycotting Thistle, bullying and greed out the question for a minute, and look at reconstruction as a business model only, taking emotion out of the matter, it is still a lot of crap and should be binned immediately. What if we vote yes, and new rangers go bust halfway through the league, and we've spent our projected income before new rangers fulfills the fixtures?

And one more thing, if we have a top 16 team league, say Stranraer or Cowdenbeath get in, and kill themselves to build 6000 seats. How long before the SPL reduce the league 'to save the wee clubs from themselves' This plan is pure propaganda and we must see it for the sham it is.

And one more thing, if we have a top 16 team league, say Stranraer or Cowdenbeath get in, and kill themselves to build 6000 seats. How long before the SPL reduce the league 'to save the wee clubs from themselves' This plan is pure propaganda and we must see it for the sham it is.

Are you against a bigger top division?

I'm for a bigger top division but I do not trust the authorities to stick to their plan. We could have a 14 team top division for one year before Doncaster predicts World War Z unless the league is reduced in size.

If you think of the amount of half baked decision making, u-turning, bullying, contradictions and mismanagement that has been made since the SPL began its suicide mission a decade or so ago there is no reason to have any faith in this proposal at all.

I've missed a large chunk of the middle of this thread but in case nobody mentioned it Doncaster said a 16 team league wasn't viable a couple of years ago when that McLeish Report seemed to have thrust league reconstruction into the spotlight.

Now he is desperate for it.

So the game would lose money and die with a 16 team league.

But now the game will lose money and die without Rangers so we need a 16 team league. :frantic:

I've missed a large chunk of the middle of this thread but in case nobody mentioned it Doncaster said a 16 team league wasn't viable a couple of years ago when that McLeish Report seemed to have thrust league reconstruction into the spotlight.

Now he is desperate for it.

So the game would lose money and die with a 16 team league.

But now the game will lose money and die without Rangers so we need a 16 team league. :frantic:

He also said it would create a £20m hole in the game. The new doomsday scenario is a £16m hole in the game, so essentially he is proposing a £20m problem to replace a £16m problem.

Why is anyone bothering to take anything he says seriously :thumbdown: