Spl Vote No

Jagali

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the sorry mess stumbles on. Now for the SFA proposals to deal with the rejected bad smell from the SPL.

I am confident that if the new league structure put forward by the SFA, for consideration by the SFL clubs, will be rejected if the new structure places the Newco in the higher of the new divisions.

Then I am sure, just to comply with procedure, applications will be invited for entry to the vacant position in the lower division.

Or is it possible that the Newco will simply decide to apply to the SFA for entry to division three. Apparently that is what many Rangers’ fans would prefer. And there would be no requirement for league reconstruction.

Or is that too straight forward.

So the sorry mess stumbles on. Now for the SFA proposals to deal with the rejected bad smell from the SPL.

I am confident that if the new league structure put forward by the SFA, for consideration by the SFL clubs, will be rejected if the new structure places the Newco in the higher of the new divisions.

Then I am sure, just to comply with procedure, applications will be invited for entry to the vacant position in the lower division.

Or is it possible that the Newco will simply decide to apply to the SFA for entry to division three. Apparently that is what many Rangers’ fans would prefer. And there would be no requirement for league reconstruction.

Or is that too straight forward.

I'm starting to think this might happen too. I'm wondering if my tea has been spiked because I shouldn't really be believing the correct thing might actually happen.

This must surely make the position of Donkey Doncaster wholly untenable give his public utterances and machinations on behalf of the 'gers.

My feelings on his future are best encapsulated by words from a man who is something of a hero to many Rangers fans for some reason.:

* "YOU HAVE BEEN SAT TO LONG HERE FOR ANY GOOD YOU HAVE BEEN DOING. DEPART, I SAY, AND LET US HAVE DONE WITH YOU. IN THE NAME OF GOD, GO!."

(Cromwell, Addressing the Rump Parliament. April 1653.)

This sorry mess goes on. Until the SPL admit another club there is nothing for the SFL to vote on as there is no vacancy at present.

Time for the SFA to end the fiasco. As I understand it they have not granted a licence to play yet. Are they going to get one?

So the negotiations begin. As much as I am a no way never person, I am interested to see what they bring to the table as a bribe (was going to call it a sweetener, but why mince about).

I assume this is the feelings of the BOD as well in their statement. They might even offer us enough money to buy our stadium back!

This sorry mess goes on. Until the SPL admit another club there is nothing for the SFL to vote on as there is no vacancy at present.

Time for the SFA to end the fiasco. As I understand it they have not granted a licence to play yet. Are they going to get one?

So the negotiations begin. As much as I am a no way never person, I am interested to see what they bring to the table as a bribe (was going to call it a sweetener, but why mince about).

I assume this is the feelings of the BOD as well in their statement. They might even offer us enough money to buy our stadium back!

They may not get the go ahead to trade if HMRC don't get the tax up front and get a proper answer on the phoenixing of the assets for £500k (yes the other £5 million went to cover the liquidation bill)

They may not get the go ahead to trade if HMRC don't get the tax up front and get a proper answer on the phoenixing of the assets for £500k (yes the other £5 million went to cover the liquidation bill)

That's one of the things that really gets my goat (he hates Newco too). All this unscrupulous - to put it too mildly - goings on to force Newco on us for the apparent sake of what they can bring to the game financially.

And yet there is so much up in the air - will the BDO put the ball up on the slates, what about the investigation on whether D&P acted properly during administration and did they have the right to sell assets off to Green for peanuts, what if it is found there was collusion betwen Whyte, D&P and Green to avoid paying all the tax?

There are so many things that could go badly wrong you'd think they hold off for a bit ... but I guess they've sucked so long at the old RFC tit they believe they can't live without it.

Edit to add: I think I've said this a million times now (as have lots of other guys) but they haven't even got SFA license to play yet (or checked thay Green is a fit and proper owner) ... the SFA should be telling the SFL nothing will happen till this is settled. The heads of the SFA ought to be resigning along with those of the SPL admin (like the Donkeyster).

Edited by Mr Bunny

This apparent impending financial meltdown of SPL clubs surely has little effect or even sympathy from clubs outside the SPL so why are the SFL being threatened and bullied by the SFA and the SPL? Thistle's statement suggests that it is an SFA proposal that Sevco play in Division 1

Can anyone clarify? Some reports say it is up to the SFL which league this new company can play in, while others seem to suggest that the SFA could intervene and order that the new company be permitted to play in SFL Division 1. If it is a completely free and honest vote by SFL clubs I expect the new company may be allowed to play in Division 3. But… is there any chance of the SFA intervening and ordering Sevco to be in Division 1 in time for the new season? Do they have it in their power or has time run out on that for next season?

Edit to add: I think I've said this a million times now (as have lots of other guys) but they haven't even got SFA license to play yet (or checked thay Green is a fit and proper owner) ... the SFA should be telling the SFL nothing will happen till this is settled. The heads of the SFA ought to be resigning along with those of the SPL admin (like the Donkeyster).

I think it's been clearly established for some time now that the SFA licence would follow after them being admitted to a league.

The SFA - or a clique within them - seem to have been complicit in Doncaster's attempt to gerrymander Newco into Div 1.

Another issue - though in a way related - is this

- SFA blocked transfer registration, says PFA Scotland

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18696402

Apparently these guys who've left ex-RFC to join other clubs have had to get a temporary registration while this is decided by FIFA. Even though every lawyer consulted says they have every right to leave. Another example of the SFA supporting RFC/Newco? And what will FIFA think of all these shenanigans?

Edited by Mr Bunny

I think it's been clearly established for some time now that the SFA licence would follow after them being admitted to a league.

In other words they could be admitted and then the SFA could adjudge that they didn't meet the standards for a license? Or is this an admission the SFA are also pushing RFC/Newco regardless? That is you say you'll accept them and we'll fix it so they get the license, regardless of whether they should or not?

Edit on reading something else maybe the SFA are doing this to get FIFA to isssue a ruling which will get Green to shut up about it. If so it just shows you how much their cheating and gerrymandering has had the effect that whatever they do, even if it looks like the right thing we'll always suspect the worst from now on.

Edited by Mr Bunny

In other words they could be admitted and then the SFA could adjudge that they didn't meet the standards for a license? Or is this an admission the SFA are also pushing RFC/Newco regardless? That is you say you'll accept them and we'll fix it so they get the license, regardless of whether they should or not?

They're not doing this as a special case - this is apparently how it should be done for anyone according to the rules and regulations.

Every body associated with this will be making damned sure just now that they do follow the requirements of their own rules and articles. The incendiary danger of a misinterpretation is huge. I suspect this is also the root of the player's registration issue - there'll be lawyers advising every step. I suspect.

They're not doing this as a special case - this is apparently how it should be done for anyone according to the rules and regulations.

Every body associated with this will be making damned sure just now that they do follow the requirements of their own rules and articles. The incendiary danger of a misinterpretation is huge. I suspect this is also the root of the player's registration issue - there'll be lawyers advising every step. I suspect.

I find your first point almost unbelievable, it seems totally illogical. But I don't say you're wrong. Thier incompetence is so vast I wouldn't be surprised if their rules put the cart before the horse.

For the second point I had a rethink and added and edit which I think fits in with what you say.

I find your first point almost unbelievable, it seems totally illogical. But I don't say you're wrong. Thier incompetence is so vast I wouldn't be surprised if their rules put the cart before the horse.

For the second point I had a rethink and added and edit which I think fits in with what you say.

I'm with you on that MB. I still can't work out the logic. There's probably some archaic 19th century reason but I don't understand.

Maybe does explain why the OF when trying to move to England have done it through approaching the leagues rather than the FA. And maybe the leagues have higher requirements for clubs and meeting them implies that getting an SFA licence will be forthcoming. No real idea.

That clown John Brown has stated on Cyde 1 tonight that Newco to Div 1 is a definite; he claims to have the minutes of the SFL meeting yesterday and these support his assertion. Also, he has restated this at a h*n fan meeting tonight and he has claimed that he will sue any SFL chairman that denies it. Mental doesn't even begin to describe it

That clown John Brown has stated on Cyde 1 tonight that Newco to Div 1 is a definite; he claims to have the minutes of the SFL meeting yesterday and these support his assertion. Also, he has restated this at a h*n fan meeting tonight and he has claimed that he will sue any SFL chairman that denies it. Mental doesn't even begin to describe it

But a lot of their support are like that. Even now, with factions within the SPL and SFA trying to break all the rules to help them out they still believe there's a plot against them by everyone (with no doubt agents of the papacy egging thm all on) in the Scottish leagues to do them down.

Edited by Mr Bunny

On the couldn't make it up if you tried, Regan has surpassed himself. He's now prophesying social unrest

from Mail online....

Fans are probably not au fait with the implications of Rangers in Division Three: we have a duty to share the facts because without Rangers, there is social unrest, there is a big problem for Scottish society. There has to be an understanding of how serious this is

I know Mr Regan is not from these parts but I thought that even he'd know that shower have been the cause of much of the problems in Scottish Society for the last century and longer. Idiot!

In the words of his fictitious namesake time to Shut it!

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

On the couldn't make it up if you tried, Regan has surpassed himself. He's now prophesying social unrest

from Mail online....

I know Mr Regan is not from these parts but I thought that even he'd know that shower have been the cause of much of the problems in Scottish Society for the last century and longer. Idiot!

In the words of his fictitious namesake time to Shut it!

I believe that was on the Scotsman on line but seems now to have been pulled. Unless it was a joke (someone pretending to be Regan or his rep emailing out the story).

• 2 weeks later...

After ICT coming out and showing their true colours yesterday, St Mirren have followed suit this afternoon.

So, after saying they had listened to their supporters, and voted Hunswereus out of SPL, how the hell are they going to sell or justify to their supporters and paying customers bringing Cheatco straight back in? Less than two weeks on from their vote excluding them from the SPL, they are now talkng about major redundancies and possible admin for clubs within weeks, and all because the zombies aren't in SFL1 ?

For all their talk and fake bluster, the club chairmen and boards of the SPL are soon to be exposed for who and what they really are - on one side we will find out who the truly genuine sporting integrity and fan respecting clubs are, and on the other we will have the lineup of those who dont give a rats ass for sporting integrity or their supporters, and who would rather chase the scraps of the bigot pound.

We are already seeing ICT and SM trying to blame the SFL clubs for 'not doing the right thing' and "doing damage to the game" (WTF!!??), because the majority of SFL clubs (can't include ours in that list yet, until we get clear unequivicol clarification of how we actually voted) didn't cave in to Regan, Doncaster and Greens 'cunning plan' and bullying to allow Cheatco a years vacation in our top league of diddy clubs. Their hypocrisy is staggering.

If clubs like ICT, SM and others go down this route, because they didn't get their way and now try and get Cheatco voted back into the SPL (even with sanctions or slap across the wrist penalties), there will be mass redundancies and other admins at clubs - but not because Hunswereus aren't in SFL1 (or SPL2 or the SPL), but because of fans walking away from the game and never coming back. I honesty feel its now getting to the point where any clubs that vote in favour of Cheatco in SFL1 or back into the SPL (or SPL2) are effectively signing their own death certificate.

After ICT coming out and showing their true colours yesterday, St Mirren have followed suit this afternoon.

So, after saying they had listened to their supporters, and voted Hunswereus out of SPL, how the hell are they going to sell or justify to their supporters and paying customers bringing Cheatco straight back in? Less than two weeks on from their vote excluding them from the SPL, they are now talkng about major redundancies and possible admin for clubs within weeks, and all because the zombies aren't in SFL1 ?

For all their talk and fake bluster, the club chairmen and boards of the SPL are soon to be exposed for who and what they really are - on one side we will find out who the truly genuine sporting integrity and fan respecting clubs are, and on the other we will have the lineup of those who dont give a rats ass for sporting integrity or their supporters, and who would rather chase the scraps of the bigot pound.

We are already seeing ICT and SM trying to blame the SFL clubs for 'not doing the right thing' and "doing damage to the game" (WTF!!??), because the majority of SFL clubs (can't include ours in that list yet, until we get clear unequivicol clarification of how we actually voted) didn't cave in to Regan, Doncaster and Greens 'cunning plan' and bullying to allow Cheatco a years vacation in our top league of diddy clubs. Their hypocrisy is staggering.

If clubs like ICT, SM and others go down this route, because they didn't get their way and now try and get Cheatco voted back into the SPL (even with sanctions or slap across the wrist penalties), there will be mass redundancies and other admins at clubs - but not because Hunswereus aren't in SFL1 (or SPL2 or the SPL), but because of fans walking away from the game and never coming back. I honesty feel its now getting to the point where any clubs that vote in favour of Cheatco in SFL1 or back into the SPL (or SPL2) are effectively signing their own death certificate.

Of words, wisdom, speak you do.

AfCTter I coming out and showing their true colours yesterday, St Mirren have followed suit this afternoon.

Yoda I take it this is no relation to the houlier than tho ICT who were branding Partick Thistle Scotlands disgrace for not being happy about having to spend £1 million t upgrade to 10,000 seats why they did not

Dundee Utd have come out in the meantime and at least shown they will stick to their guns and fight any effort to create SPL2. SPL clubs going to turn on each other now.

Good.

If Doncaster and some SPL clubs dare to try get Hunswereus back into the SPL on Monday, then I am of the opinion it’s time for a breakaway league structure from the original breakaway league.

ICT, St Mirren, Killie, Hamilton and any other clubs that want to play Hunswereus, can go form their own wee private diddy league of 7 or 8 clubs with no relegation or promotion, while the other 34 or so SPL & SFL clubs can set up a new 2 League structure based on fair financial play, sporting integrity, fan power and a pyramid structure that embraces promotion and relegation with regional leagues.

If such an occurance was to ever transpire, i just hope we would be part of the latter league setup (but fear DB would lead us to the Dark Side).

Yoda I take it this is no relation to the houlier than tho ICT who were branding Partick Thistle Scotlands disgrace for not being happy about having to spend £1 million t upgrade to 10,000 seats why they did not

The very same hyprocitical scum.