Kilmarnock ?

thriller

Me thinks Killie can get by next season just opening their main stand because there will be nobody in the other 3 due to their spineless chairman chasing the sevco pound and losing all his integrity.Then again to cheer him up, there should be a saving on stewards and turnstyle attendants :happy2:

they did abstain so at least the blue filth didn't get a seconder - i think there will be plenty of abstetions next week

How will that work if there are as many abstentions as 'no' votes? Can't see many yes votes & if the rules state 50% of the clubs must say 'no'...?

Anyone?

Sorry guys not sure what point you are making here.

club have said they will not support the current proposition. So if the vote is on that, then you know how club will vote. If there is a new proposal then surely we as fans should be told what it is and give our opinion on it. Or are you saying you don't trust the clubs not to come up with a new proposal and not tell us before they vote on it?

i'll reserve judgement until vote made. I hope 'no but...' means 'no' and not abstention.

Too many 'stories' floating around at the moment so not sure what's going on behind scenes.

Let's just say latest i've heard is vote moved from Thursday to Tuesday now to Friday.

We'll wait & see...

club have said they will not support the current proposition. So if the vote is on that, then you know how club will vote. If there is a new proposal then surely we as fans should be told what it is and give our opinion on it. Or are you saying you don't trust the clubs not to come up with a new proposal and not tell us before they vote on it?

They were very clever with the worded statement as in SFL1, now if it is re-branded as SPL2 how do you think they would vote? Unless we vote against Newco getting anywhere higher than the lowest division my cash stays in the bank

Pretty sure mate it is going to be a definite no mate regardless of whether its friday, next tuesday or thursday

Hopefully Kilmarnock are the first club to go bust. A club who have spent well outwith their means for years and totally advocated the greedy closed shop setup.

No, no, no. Come on, the last thing we need is clubs going under and the league crumbling around us. Who would love that most? The knuckle draggers who support the newco and now actively seek the collapse of all other clubs just to prove a point.

I don't like Kilmarnock or the way they've been run. A lot of Kilmarnock fans feel the same way. They opposed newco, but their chairman did the dirty on them. It does no good now to wish or try to kill them off now because of that. What they need is help to get change at their club.

The idea of the game is for clubs to survive. It's not a last man standing competition. And we above all ought to be very, very careful about wishing ill on other clubs because of the way they vote or the bad way they've been run because that's exactly the sort of thing that could come back one day and kill us.

Clubs like Kilmarnock and Motherwell are no bigger than average SFL1 clubs, and have lorded it over us for years by spending money they couldn't afford. I'll be more than happy to see them go to the wall, that'll teach them. Livingston haven't learned because they managed somehow twice to scrape by and are still living outwith their means. Shame about the employees of the clubs, but **** them otherwise.

On the subject of abstentions and how they count in a vote, would it be possible for an unscrupulous administrator (heaven forfend, I know) to pose the question in a manner where the abstentions effectively become yes votes rather than no votes?

What I mean is rather than ask "can The Sevco join Division 1?" they ask, "do you object to The Sevco joining Division 1?"

Just curious.

But what is actually being voted on next week?

Is it just on the proposal for newco to be put into SFL1 or is it also to consider their application to join the SFL in general?

If it's the first, are the SFL seriously going to ask for applications to join from all/any interested clubs only 2 weeks before the start of the season?

If it's the second, are they not leaving themselves open to legal action from any/all clubs excluded from the application process?

Just heard that vote being brought forward to Tuesday. Good omen?

Either way I'll know by Tuesday night whether my £260 going to PTFC or towards something else.

I heard Thursday originally then Tuesday earlier today now the latest is next Friday.

Now I'm not superstitious but moving the vote from the 12th of July to Friday the 13th......

I still believe if it happens and we don't vote for it then the club should be fully supported. That was what we as supporters asked for and as long as the club do not bow to the pressures being placed on them by the recent proposal and the likes of Regan, Doncaster and Longmuir, then we should all accept that.

I still believe if it happens and we don't vote for it then the club should be fully supported. That was what we as supporters asked for and as long as the club do not bow to the pressures being placed on them by the recent proposal and the likes of Regan, Doncaster and Longmuir, then we should all accept that.

And if the board accepts an invitation to join an SPL2 containing Rangers?

And if the board accepts an invitation to join an SPL2 containing Rangers?

In that instance I think the club would have no choice other than to accept it...unless every other SFL club is gona reject the invitation. I don't believe every other club will reject it, therefore we shouldn't either. Would stink more than a really stinky thing, but we are getting shafted here once again. The question is, do we take a pumping, or do we just walk away?

My sentiments too I'm afraid!

The whole situation is disgusting, the innocent parties in all this are the ones who are going to suffer most, if the SFL clubs vote no then they lose, if they vote yes they lose. Regan has said newco will be in SFL1 or failing that SPL 2. My feeling is that they want a no vote so that SPL2 can then be setup with newco and nine others, the weaker the nine others then the better chance newco has of being back in SPL1 2013. What happens to the clubs in SFL1 who vote no, they will have no chance of promotion and will die a slow painful death thus giving what Rangers and Celtic have always wanted, a culling of the smaller clubs and all the money staying in the SPL.