Team For Forfor

Alan Murray

With Paton and Balatoni suspended I think Sinclair will come back in at left back allowing Bannigan to go into midfield.

………………...Fox…………………..

O'Donnell ……Muirhead…Archie……. Sinclair

…….Welsh……Murray…….… Bannigan

…………Lawless........Erskine

……………….Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Campbell

Halsman

McGuigan

Craigen

Sorry for spelling Forfar wrong in the title!

Edited by Alan Murray

With Paton and Balatoni suspended I think Sinclair will come back in at left back allowing Bannigan to go into midfield.

………………...Fox…………………..

……………….Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Campbell

Halsman

McGuigan

Craigen

I think it will be this but with Murray playing very deep, occassionally filling in in defence to ensure we continue to get width from full back positions which is clearly key to the way we are trying to play

………………...Fox…………………..

……………….Doolan

Subs:

Scully

Campbell

Halsman

McGuigan

Craigen

That would be my first choice eleven (provided that Erskine delivers) even if Paton and Balatoni were available. Hopefully, McGuigan and Craigen will have the opportunity to impress too.

That would be my first choice eleven (provided that Erskine delivers) even if Paton and Balatoni were available. Hopefully, McGuigan and Craigen will have the opportunity to impress too.

If this team does start and Sinclair and Bannigan both play well it's going to a be a difficult team selection next week.

A left side of Sinclair, Bannigan and Erskine is orgasmic.

Not that I know much about the squad and new players, but I'd expect to see Lawless play further forward than suggested in the line up above, as a wide support striker with Welsh moving forward into the gap created making it similar to a Brazilian 4-2-2-2. Actually you could see Erskine and Bannigan doing the same when the ball is on the left where we have tended to have more of a threat over the past few years. Add in the full backs pushing forward and leaving Murray to cover for them could give us some tasty attacking options.

Not that I know much about the squad and new players, but I'd expect to see Lawless play further forward than suggested in the line up above, as a wide support striker with Welsh moving forward into the gap created making it similar to a Brazilian 4-2-2-2. Actually you could see Erskine and Bannigan doing the same when the ball is on the left where we have tended to have more of a threat over the past few years. Add in the full backs pushing forward and leaving Murray to cover for them could give us some tasty attacking options.

When attacking it's a 1-2-7. Bring it.

Won't be going today as I'm heading for Moscow (Dynamo v Spartak then Dundee Utd) so give the side some drunken encouragement from me, please.

Ochen horosho Sam. Is this a clue to the spl club you have an interest in :P

Sounds like a fantastic trip.

My excuse is more mundane, working in a call centre :(

Looking forward to Falkirk game next week :)

Give the bridies a good going over from me, for those going to Angus.

3-1 Thistle.

Agree with Sinclair in for Paton and Bannagan to midfield, but I don't see Linford getting dropped completely. Going from starter to not on the bench will wreck his confidence just when he was coming onto a game (in pre-season)

Evidently Christie has tonsillitis. Perhaps he'll make the bench if he's on the mend?

Forgot to ask: does anyone have any "greetings" they'd like me to pass on to Aiden McGeady tomorrow?

If you would be so kind as to remind the 'Glasgow-born Irishman' (CopyrightSymbol.pngIan Crocker, Sky Sports) that he is an aesthetically unappealing practitioner of onanism and that his skills in the sport of association football are, in fact, deficient, then I will be most grateful. :thumbsup2:

If you would be so kind as to remind the 'Glasgow-born Irishman' (CopyrightSymbol.pngIan Crocker, Sky Sports) that he is an aesthetically unappealing practitioner of onanism and that his skills in the sport of association football are, in fact, deficient, then I will be most grateful. :thumbsup2:

Kris Commons is a "Mansfield-born" Scotsman.

Jordan Rhodes is an "Oldham-born" Scotsman.

Craig Mackail-Smith is a "Watford-born" Scotsman.

Edited by kni