50/50 Draw For Season 2012/13

Fawlty Towers

I'm guessing based on the numbers on the previous page that it would need to be just short of £800 per game to reach £10k, which is probably impossible.

Nothing's impossible! But that probably is. Target doesn't need to be £10k, the club has made alot more money from gate receipts than they could ever have budgeted for & has also made alot more from the 50/50 draw in the last couple of years than ever before. Doubling a prize (costing around £500) would I'm sure go down very well with fans.

You're typing this from the Queen Mary 2 cruise ship! :thumbsup2: Thanks for your efforts. They are appreciated.

Thanks for that LLD, we have a great wee team that try to do our very best, but our job is made so much easier by each and every one of you who loyally contribute to the draw. THANK YOU.

Tickets will be on sale as usual on Tuesday evening and after that we will have a chat about what we can do for the final home game against Dunfermline (I have an idea which would see the club make some money whilst giving the winner a bigger than normal prize). Keep supporting us as you have been doing as youth development is a very important area for our club moving forward.

Thanks for your support!

The first prize last evening was an excellent £505 which takes the total raised for youth development so far this season to £8,932 - thanks again to everyone who purchased a ticket. The winning numbers were:

1st: 161784

2nd: 163176

I will post details here on what we will be doing for the final home game on the 27th once I have confirmed things with the club.

Thanks for your support!

• 2 weeks later...

For the final home game of the season there is a slight change to the format of the 50/50 draw. Instead of the winner getting 50% of the takings they will get a fixed amount of cash. That amount will be.....

£750

This is to thank the fans who have been absolutely wonderful in their support of this over the course of the season and have ensured that even before Saturday we had raised more than we did last season. Tickets will be on sale as usual and I would advise that you get yours early as I expect them to go quickly.

I have attached a link to a good interview with Gerry Britton in today's Evening Times which shows how importantly youth development is being looked at by the club and it demonstrates that we need to be able to offer as much additional financial support to this area as possible:

http://www.eveningti...22320n.20906582

Thanks again for your support!

Edited by Fawlty Towers

Here are the winning numbers from today's draw:

1st: 164628 (£750)

2nd: 163756 (Mystery Prize)

The total amount raised this season is £9,302 which is £1,590 more than last season (and from the same number of games). A big "thanks" to everyone who purchased tickets over the course of the season - your support has been really appreciated.

I would also like to thank the team (and it is a team effort - I am just the one who bumps his gums on here) who are involved in the 50/50 draw at all levels - Moira, David, Maxi, Ian, Donna, Andrew, Gavin, Alison, Eilidh and Michael.

We will be looking to do even better next season and there will be some changes (some obvious and others behind the scenes) that will hopefully allow us, with your help, to do just that. Once I am in a position to let you know about these I will let you know.

Thanks again for your support!

Edited by Fawlty Towers