Justin From Hamilton

Dug1e

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not there today, and my de rigeur text from my mate pretty much confirms much of what has been said above: not entirely at our best, but we made them look shite.

My main take on things is that we've just completely pumped a side that have had the Indian sign over us for quite a few years now. To have battered them 4-0 is simply fantastic, and to have done so firing on only 3 cylinders tells me that we're now serious contenders for the title. Yes, I know it's far too early to get carried away, but things couldn't be going any better on the field.

Jackie not only seems to have shaped the team in his desired image but got the boys competing for every ball, including lost causes. Desire to succeed is everything; it's the ingredient which, when added to 'team-first commitment', separates champions from plucky runners-up. I, like many others, have had the privilege to watch Thistle sides of the past who had that extra something and, at the risk of cursing us, we seem to have that something at the present time. This isn't a fluke - it's something you have to credit the management team with.

Let's just hope we can stay (relatively) injury and suspension-free. We traditionally have a fairly rubbish late September / October, but we are now the team to beat. If Jackie can keep our boys focused and single-minded, then we are genuine contenders.

Come on the Thistle.

If you win your home games and draw your away games you'll almost certainly get promoted. Even with three cushy home wins and 10 goals into the bargain the big game so far has been the 1-0 at East End Pk. If we can get 5 points from our next three games, which is hardly too big a target, I'd be quite surprised if we weren't still top of the league. Two big away games coming up this month and I'm really hopeful we get results.

Two things from today. Firstly I thought Muirhead was excellent and didn't appear the least bit shaky after Archie went off. Secondly I don't feel enough has been said about the wind. If there's one type of weather that more or less guarantees poorer quality it's wind and I thought we played the conditions very well today.

Started slowly and it took a good double save from Fox to keep the scores level. We got better as the game went on and with the help of some soft goals ran out comfortable winners even without Doolan and Archibald. Lawless and Welsh both came on to good games and Paton must be the most improved player.

Once again, we looked a much better side than the opposition...and without playing to top form...very encouraging.

Pretty much all been said above. Playing below par as a team and still winning with some to spare is very encouraging. How many times over the last few years would we have lost that after a scrappy first half?

The guys look like a team, everyone knowing their job and sticking to it.

Our wing backs are full of running and always show for the ball, Paton is becoming a fekin solid midfielder. Even though Shuggie played a few loose passes, he is solid and keeps things calm and simple.

So all in all, not everyone at the top of their game and still take 4 off Hamilton. Happy days.

Been really impressed by O'Donnell in recent games, comfortable on the ball & under pressure, happy to cut onto his left foot & go for a run (even from inside his own half), vastly improved player & his crosses are now better for the most part.

Should be given a new contract as soon as, very good player & got blistering pace.

• Members

Been really impressed by O'Donnell in recent games, comfortable on the ball & under pressure, happy to cut onto his left foot & go for a run (even from inside his own half), vastly improved player & his crosses are now better for the most part.

Should be given a new contract as soon as, very good player & got blistering pace.

Yeah, have to agree with most of that. Still takes some daft chances in his own half sometimes though and needs to cut that out.

We struggled for 20 to 25 mins in 1st half. The ball seemed to get stuck under their feet. Was it a coincidence that we started to play better once the ball was changed ? I wasn't surprised when we scored as we had been putting Hamilton under some pressure. I agree with others that there weren't any stand outs or failures today.

Through my beer-tinted spectacles, I thought HA's tactics from the off were to man-mark inside their own half thereby disrupting the quick passing. But once they had to chase the gamethey were there for the taking.

Under the illustrious bannerof the eternal Lenin, onward to victory.

Edited by Sam Leitch Loyal

Where is slippers these days? Is he still playing?

You better sit down for this.

Scotland's highest capped schoolboy international, affectionately known as "Slippers", was last seen playing in Australia. He was playing for Sutherland Sharks. However his current where-abouts are unknown as he isn't listed on their website any longer.

I thought muirhead was brilliant yesterday. Ok his distribution isn't great but he had May in his pocket all game. A top signing by jackie so far.

Also well done to Steve lawless, he had a pretty duff game but kept going despite the constant torrent of abuse he received from some numpty sitting behind me.im all for constructive criticism but shouting "your p#sh son" all game is pointless.

Exellent win for us, did not expect us to go on and score 3 goals after the first half. Accies are a stuffy side and I think despite having a young team the will survive the drop this year.

Thought Paton was exellent along with Muirhead, with Paton just edging it for man of the match.

Both Murray and Paton win all the 50/50 challenges in midfield and both are capable of knocking it about.The ballance of this side is near perfect and this is one of the reasons why we are doing better this season. Stevie May tried to mark Murray during the game and had some success but Murray still played well.

I thought Steven Craig did very well when he came on. He made it awkward for the Hamilton defence that were already struggling with the condtions. He used his body well and held the ball up for us.

Cuthbert looked shaky to me, and did not look too clever at a few of the goals. Hamilton did seem to tire badly during the second half.

Lawless came onto a game in the second half when he went upfront with Craig.

Edited by Alan Murray

I thought muirhead was brilliant yesterday. Ok his distribution isn't great but he had May in his pocket all game.A top signing by jackie so far.

Also well done to Steve lawless, he had a pretty duff game but kept going despite the constant torrent of abuse he received from some numpty sitting behind me.im all for constructive criticism but shouting "your p#sh son" all game is pointless.

I think his distribution is excellent.

Met Dools tonight whilst pished and he's fine; slight strain but nothing to worry about. As is Arch.

I thought at the time it looked like the manager took Doolan and Archibald off as a precaution as much as anything else. (Maybe I'm wrong and they really had to come off, but ... ) I think it shows how much confidence the manager has in the players on the bench that they came off as early as they did.