Referees And Linesmen

Jaggernaut

Not disallowed for offside. Apparently Adam's cross went over the goal line. Agree that it was never a penalty

TV replay showed that the ball (Adam's cross) did not go out of play. Typical lazy play from Adam allowed Bale to shoot for Wales' winning goal.

From a telly watcher's point of view we see all the big decisions and miss the general flow of the game. So I'm only going on what i saw on telly.

On our plus side Bale should've been shown a second yellow (two dives) as I think Ramsey could've been booked twice as well. Didn't see anything wrong with Fletcher's goal so we could arguably have won the game 2-0 (or 2-1 re the Berra hug). Whatever proper decision wise we were probably hard done by. If this was a club game we'd feel robbed.

Sadly the minus side in my view far outweighs those bad decisions against us. We were outplayed and out muscled by a poorish Welsh side. We couldn't retain possession and looked like a bunch of guys that had just met earlier that afternoon.

Altho' I could and will argue that Scotland has historically rarely ever been effectively managed I can't think of one redeeming point in favour of retaining Levein as manager.

Altho' I could and will argue that Scotland has historically rarely ever been effectively managed I can't think of one redeeming point in favour of retaining Levein as manager.

Which will mean the SFA will retain him until the end of the season.

He should in theory go now as that would give a new manager plenty of time to work with the team, try new players etc with no pressure and then be ready for the new campaign. But I expect the SFA to dither and delay until the next campaign starts and appoint a new guy who will have to play vital games while trying to rebuild the team.

And then the same nonsense will start all over again.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I thought that Fletcher came back from an offside position to head the ball to Morrison ? I thought that our midfield was anonymous throughout. It probably is time to change Manager.

Fletcher headed the ball from a goal kick, he can't be offside.

I thought Adam was slightly offside for the disallowed goal and if the linesman had done his job there then there would be no disallowed goal to be complained about. Wales really should've had a penalty for the Berra incident too and Maloney seemed convinced he made contact with Bale before he clipped his own heels which if true would make the referee's decision to award the penalty correct.

We are not good enough.

Look at our starting team. Average at best.

Mcgregor is a good keeper

Hutton doesn't start for his team

Fox not good enough for Celtic, let alone International.

Caldwell is rotten

Berra not a regular for Championship team, let alone International

Brown run of mill spoiler

Fletcher using International week to regain fitness for Manc U, I do like him tho.

Morrison good player

Maloney decent

Fletcher good player

Commons good player but Levein obv doesn't rate him.

Don't get started on Levein.

We shouldn't really be surprised. Doesn't stop us being gutted tho.

We have not qualified for a major event since 98. What started in 98? That's right the SPL. Coincidence?

^^ Agree with most of that assessment.

Stephen Fletcher was excellent and made a huge difference. Levein should have sorted that problem during the summer. Darren Fletcher played very well considering his recent lack of competitive matches.

Commons, Morrison, Maloney and Mackie provided good support and service. However, we were a bit lightweight in the centre of midfield. Bale was given too much space. Dorrans could have made a difference.

Hutton played well but the rest of the defence was dodgy. I was surprised that Mulgrew was left out.

To be honest the best team won last night. I'll not go on about Leveins lack of tactical awaremess, simply say that overall the team he picked last night was almost right , except he did nothing to counter Bale who is hardly an unkown quantity, Even with our fairly limited resources, it was not beyond the whit of man to at least try to negate Bale. Adam was like my Granny trying to challenge him let alone keep up with him. The centre of our defence is not strong, but to be fair to Lecein he's not got a lot of options to pick from. Hutton continues to infuriate me, he has all the attributes to be a top class player, but continually fails to perform his distribution and tactical awareness are almost non-existent. Like the rest of the team the two Fletchers excluded, what we have are distinctly ordinary players, hyped way beyond what their actual performaces deserve. I truly fear what Tuesday night will deliver.

I know, I know, dingy the troll, but ...

I am a strong advocate of these rule changes:

From running-time to playing-time TOTALY AGREE

Introducing Video-referee NAW

Abolition of the offside rule JUST SILLY

Reduction of the number of the on-pitch players from 11 to 10 HMM, INTERESTING...

The maximum number of a squad is 23 (and minimum 1), and no limitation of substitutions MORE JUST SILLY