Todays Attendance

Jaggy1967

What wasn't included is the Ambassador Lounge and hospitality. Include them and crowd over 3,000. Very few down from highlands. The 3 home games so far , County, Accies and ICT will probably be the lowest away supports at Firhill, Well, Killie, Dons, Dee and United should all bring decent supports that will boost our crowds. Also think on Friday St Mirren will bring a fair number, hopefully today's result will bring out more Jags fans .

Happy tonight with our performance and the win, would have bit your hand off for that result before the game. Happy days.

AJ

• Like 1

What wasn't included is the Ambassador Lounge and hospitality. Include them and crowd over 3,000. Very few down from highlands. The 3 home games so far , County, Accies and ICT will probably be the lowest away supports at Firhill, Well, Killie, Dons, Dee and United should all bring decent supports that will boost our crowds. Also think on Friday St Mirren will bring a fair number, hopefully today's result will bring out more Jags fans .

Happy tonight with our performance and the win, would have bit your hand off for that result before the game. Happy days.

AJ

Hospitality was all but empty today.

The Clubs target is to get 5000 home fans through the gate.

Last season St Mirren took 1600 to Killie. It's an easy game for them to get to and they historically take a good crowd down there. Today they took 657.

3000 is no bad for inverness at home

Disagree. In fact I'd say today's attendance was abysmal. Great weather. Playing a side that was top of the league. I'd have expected more Jags fans. Just maybe the referendum caper had an effect on turnout tho' I can't really see why it should have made more than a marginal difference.

• Like 1

AJ

Absolutely.

Probably the 3 fewest travelling support all season in our first three home games. I'd suspect our home support figures are quite consistent all season, the only massive fluctuation being the travelling support.

Anyway, I think we were due a comfortable win vs ICT at home judging on last year Boxing Day!

Disagree. In fact I'd say today's attendance was abysmal. Great weather. Playing a side that was top of the league. I'd have expected more Jags fans. Just maybe the referendum caper had an effect on turnout tho' I can't really see why it should have made more than a marginal difference.

Just curious. Why would that have an effect on our attendance?

Ross County had just over 3,000 so about the same as us - though they have had a terrible start. Hamilton will always have fewer supporters than us and Killie, St Mirren and St Johnstone don't have much bigger than us.

It really looks like a lot of football 'fans' only want to see winning or big name teams (or in a few cases follow for reasons nothing to do with football) and many would rather sit in front of the telly than see a real game live. Which is a pity because though some live games can be very poor nothing beats the excitement (and roller coaster of emotions) of being at a good game watching the team you support. But fewer want to do that these days.

10 to 15 years ago we'd definitely have got close to 4,000 or more for a game against a top of the league club on a sunny day like we had. I'm not sure what the club or any club can do since the SMSM aren't interested in promoting any clubs but two. I feel that schemes like kids go free are essential though even if all they can do is stop us losing more supporters in future rather than increase what we already have.

The only thing is we are not the only club losing support.

I'm not sure I'd agree that a sunny day should help the attendance. I'd of thought it might make a lot of people head for Loch Lomond or somewhere rather than to the football.

I think it is wrong to watch football in good weather. Optimum conditions are darkness (floodlights), rain/snow, and freezing cold. Only then can a steak pie and bovril truly be appreciated.

Was out for a curry last night with my St Johnstone supporting pal. He was telling me all about how it was to win the cup, but was still complaining about their crowds. St Johnstone have shown it is possible to play glamourous european ties and collect silverware without necessarily putting more on the average gate.