Just In- Airdrie- Thistle 7 (Seven)

Duke Gekantawa

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

superb from everyone today. I don't think Archie or Shug will get back in the team to be honest, Conrad has been immense the last 2 games, Forbes is looking good aswell, he keeps the ball moving and obviously scored (well Arthur threw it in really!)

it would be hard to pick a MOTM, Muirhead and Balatoni were solid,big muirhead went on 2 or 3 Erskine type runs that resulted in him being fouled every time which led to their guy getting sent off.he hit a peach of a penalty that was unsaveable. Paton was back to his best closing down players and winning the ball back, Welsh was brilliant, he's a class act, he's better than half the muppets playing in the SPL, you can't tell me that dumpling Jim Goodwin at St Mirren for example is a better player than Welshy,Jackie has found a gem of a player,Erskine and Lawless were tearing them to fcuk in the first half.Erskine was having one of his unplayable days, if he had of stayed on the park then we would have got a few more, Airdrie couldn't track his runs in behind the defence at all, their defence didn't get near him all day.great finish for the first, I thought he had too much time but he took it well, he won us the pen (that was never a pen!) and scored his second. bloody delighted with that today.I think Fox has to contribute more right enough, just off to watch the magnificent 7!

Absolute master-class from Thistle today! Sublime passing, ruthless in front of goal and magnificent individual displays especially from Chris Erskine, Paul Paton and Aaron Muirhead. Having said that there was not a single failure in a Jags jersey today.

I have to say that despite the fact that I was ecstatic at scoring seven past Airdrie I did feel sorry for poor Kenny Arthur. He didn't do a hell of a lot wrong until that blunder for the 7th and he did make a wonder save whilst it was 2-0. He is a Thistle legend regardless of the fact that he has now gone over to the dark side.

I think that is the fist time we have scored 7 in a game since Murder McLeod first game in charge away to Berwick Rangers. Can anyone confirm?

PS that was 19th August 1995

Edited by Camallain

7-0 fan freaking tastic. plenty of great performances all over the park, Paton must have covered every blade of grass and if Erskine had stayed on we could have gotten double figures i reckon. Was great to see Welsh chase a long ball right into the corner when we were 6-0 up and only a few minutes from the end, that tells me jackie has the right mentallity instilled in his players. Sort of gutted ill miss my first game of the season next week but im sure the egyptian sunshine will console me.

Delighted what a result. However, they are going down along with Dumbarton. Both teams look like they could get caught adrift down there pretty quickly with everyone else taking points off each other. 10 out of 10 all round today, flew out the traps and never looked back. Was worried at half time that the boys were going to take their foot off the gas and to an extent they did but subconciously that can happen. Erskine and Lawless back to their usual unplayable selves.

Great day all round results wise and back where we belong at the top:D

stunning, and yes Airdrie were awful, they've still taken points from other 1st div teams, they are still a professional football team in the same league as us, and we completely and utterly fcuked them up.

Everyone was outstanding, tempo and energy was back, we looked revitalised after a bit of a downward turn in performance since Cowdenbeath league game few weeks back. But when we play at that intensity, and have as much movement as that in the opposition half, no one in this league can stop us.

Forbes keeps the ball, keeps it simple, and is a goal threat. Fantastic delivery for corners, a threat from free kick, and only a wonder save from Arthur prevented him from breaking his duck earlier. It's only one game, but surely Murray is looking at a lengthy time out the team?

Pleased to see Erskine back to his best, most destructive player in the league, we should enjoy him while it lasts, be suprised if he's here next season.

Hope Stevie Craig is ok, but I'm sure it was just a precaution.

• Members

Hope Stevie Craig is ok, but I'm sure it was just a precaution.

As I said to my Brother at the start of the 2nd half, when you're playing Centre Forward and your team is 5-0 up and you haven't scored, you're getting subbed!!!

Only joking, Stevie was great again. Never gave the defence a minutes peace and contributed greatly in pulling the Airdire defence all over the place in the 1st half leaving Erskine with acres of space to run into time and time again.

It's hard to single people out when you've won like that, everyone was stunning, but I have to mention Aaron Muirhead. The guy looks a total find, his distribution is absolutely fantastic, some of his passes are Scholes-esque!

He is comfortable bringing ball out of defence, is great in the air, is quick, he is a fantastic player, I can't imagine we'll be holding onto him long either. Well played the scouts who spotted this guy, he is a star

It's hard to single people out when you've won like that, everyone was stunning, but I have to mention Aaron Muirhead. The guy looks a total find, his distribution is absolutely fantastic, some of his passes are Scholes-esque!

He is comfortable bringing ball out of defence, is great in the air, is quick, he is a fantastic player, I can't imagine we'll be holding onto him long either. Well played the scouts who spotted this guy, he is a star

Great player. No way will he be at Firhill for long. Seriously concerned when he went down injured.

As I said to my Brother at the start of the 2nd half, when you're playing Centre Forward and your team is 5-0 up and you haven't scored, you're getting subbed!!!

Only joking, Stevie was great again. Never gave the defence a minutes peace and contributed greatly in pulling the Airdire defence all over the place in the 1st half leaving Erskine with acres of space to run into time and time again.

Seen him after the match hobbling to his car, looked as if he`s taken a right sore one to his right ankle. :mellow:

No failures today, thought Paton was brilliant. Forbes was the best I've seen him but needs to follow patons example as at times seems a little lazy. Still that said I'd thought we were brilliant.

Anyone know what that idiot airdie fan was on about that caused the ruckass in the j husband stand?turned the atmosphere a little sour.

Shame to see Kenny losing 7 but he had no help from his static defence.

Hope cove rangers had someone down at the game today... Wonder what formation they will come up with to try stop that attack

We are discussing that at half time today - I'd imagine Jackie will give a few of the fringe players a run-out as this squad should have enough strength in depth to c off Cove.

No failures today, thought Paton was brilliant. Forbes was the best I've seen him but needs to follow patons example as at times seems a little lazy. Still that said I'd thought we were brilliant.

Anyone know what that idiot airdie fan was on about that caused the ruckass in the j husband stand?turned the atmosphere a little sour.

Shame to see Kenny losing 7 but he had no help from his static defence.

I think the Airdrie fan started shouting at Muirhead when he got up from the tackle after the guy was sent off. I didn't think it looked like a red at the time and feared the worst when Muirhead stayed down.

For me the best moment of the game was not one of the seven goals but rather Muirhead's jinking 50 yard run. I counted five people he went past before drawing the foul. Fantastic stuff; what a player.

Muirhead was outstanding as was the team. This was superb entertainment. Faultless but the perfectionists in the mangement team will no doubt expect better next week; which equals win win for the fans. Well done to all. Loved every minute of it and agree that we could have doubled our tally.