Attendances

Lenziejag2

I have not seen this in more recent posts so if anyone has already calculated it my apologies for seeming to steal your thunder.

According to my calculations as of the Airdrie game, attendances at SFL games at Firhill have totaled 40,148. That is an average of 3088 per game.

The first nine games of the season amounted to 29,258, that is an average of 3250 per game.

Since then we have played four games which realised 10,890 people. The average over these four games stands at 2722.

If anyone can be bothered I will up-date this figure as we go.

I have not seen this in more recent posts so if anyone has already calculated it my apologies for seeming to steal your thunder.

According to my calculations as of the Airdrie game, attendances at SFL games at Firhill have totaled 40,148. That is an average of 3088 per game.

The first nine games of the season amounted to 29,258, that is an average of 3250 per game.

Since then we have played four games which realised 10,890 people. The average over these four games stands at 2722.

If anyone can be bothered I will up-date this figure as we go.

Err, yes. I'm bothered. :thumbsup2:

Er, yes, I'm bothered too! We need to be pushing that home average up to 3,500. If 4,600 have bought tickets for the Ramsdens Cup Final, then there is clearly a pool of about 1,500 potential regular spectators over and above our current average. They need to come out of the woodwork now!

I'd have made it a pre-requisite of getting a Ramsden's Cup final ticket, in the public sale, that they needed to buy a ticket for the Accies game too.

If 4,600 have bought tickets for the Ramsdens Cup Final, then there is clearly a pool of about 1,500 potential regular spectators over and above our current average. They need to come out of the woodwork now!

That's kind of a nicer way of calling the missing 1500 glory hunters. I wouldn't dispute there's a periphery support out there who could make it along to Firhill but don't. I feel tho' you can't bracket those particular 1500 necessarily like that. Within that 1500 there'll be many who are wives, partners, mates etc. just along for the day.

Show games will always throw up that sort of irregularity. For instance when we played in the semi ten years or so ago I took along my youngest son, who has little interest in football and my eldest son brought along his mate who follows another team.

Gut feeling tells me that our best chance of increasing our regular support lies within the turnout for the Dunfermline game and our current support. I'm suggesting that very many of them won't have purchased a ticket for the final.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

• Members

Er, yes, I'm bothered too! We need to be pushing that home average up to 3,500. If 4,600 have bought tickets for the Ramsdens Cup Final, then there is clearly a pool of about 1,500 potential regular spectators over and above our current average. They need to come out of the woodwork now!

I have a feeling that Lenziejag2 will be bumping this thread on a regular basis until the end of the season! :D

Most of them will already be out of the woodwork. That 3100 average will not be the same 3100 each week. Some go to all, or nearly all, the games but there are many on here who can only make it to a proportion of the games - be it 20%, 40% 60%, 80% or whatever. They are all regulars, they all count towards the 3100 average but they will account for more than 3100 Ramsdens cup final tickets.

• Like 1

Well, I got that one wrong! I can't believe how many Dunfermline fans must have deserted their team since the Morton game. It's hard to see them surviving much longer with crowds like that.

The BBC and the commentary on the club website gave the crowd as 2,822. The BBC gave last week's crowd as 2,720.

OK, so there were only three SFL1 matches today! Attendances: Dunfie v PTFC - 2822; Livi v Airdrie - 1132; and Dumbie v Cowden - 742. Using today's programme as a resource, I note that - including today - the Pars have a home SFL1 average attendance this season of 3458, but that their last five home league games have all been under 3000, and that there is a clear slide in attendances from 12th January onwards. After today's battering from the Jags, I wonder how many will turn up for their next home match - against Dumbarton!

The Dunfermline fans were a credit to their team today. No dissent against team or staff. Sang throughout.

Do you / where you there for the ' save the Jags days' ?

Clearing shite from the loft in the last few days has thrown up a few classic e.times etc from that era !

The Dunfermline fans were a credit to their team today. No dissent against team or staff. Sang throughout.

Hear Hear, felt for the Dunfy fans today.No genuine football fan deserves to see their club going down the pan by a bunch of reprobates who masquerade as so called businessmen who have nothing but their own self interest at heart.