Nomads Need Tickets Too..sandy And Onethistle Team

topcat

Not disputing that regulars will get tickets but i think You're missing the point ,there are fans who for various reasons are not regular,but will move heaven and earth to attend our first final in forty years,and who knows may even become a "regular"

Would it not make more sense if a 14,000 venue could befound alowing for both sets of fans and some neutrals who may catch the bug? or for fathers/ mothers to have the chance to take their kids freind with them too, there will be plenty of regular fans who's brothers/sisters/wifes/husbands/partners now want to go too, as it will be an occasion. I'm flying in for it and I beleive another few from here are too guys who can't attend regularly and have to pick and choose based on holidays etc and their will be plently like me all over the world who will be wanting to do the same, if we are still top of league come March I imagine our home support could be in the 4000 mark especially if its still tight, and with QOS doing well too they will have their Nomads and fans friends families etc looking for a good day out, plus for both sides its an actual chance of winning something unlike a cup semi against Rangers or Celtic

• Like 1

All threads like this do is make me want to buy 2 tickets use one and give one to a complete random who has zero interest in the jags!

That statement is very petty.

You might want to put your dummy back in & accept that the OP asked a relevant question to members of the One Thistle team that use the board.

If it was in other Cup Final thread the is every chance it may not have been picked up.

You may be sure that everyone who wants a ticket will get one, the OP is not.

No harm in the question/enquiry asked.

Your reaction however...

• Like 1

We're in a final!!!

Hahaha - brilliant!

Enjoy & if we sell it out, fine. It's on tv & I'm sure folk can have a great time in the pub / at home if they miss out. There's no totally fair way to do it, but ST holders should get 1st dibs (max 2) then a public sale with a 2 per person limit.

Anyway, lets just enjoy it!

Also worth bearing in mind this will be Thistles first cup final of note in forty years, and we have a history of coming out in big numbers for games of note eg Scottish cup semi at hampden,quarter final at tynecastle,celebration in paisley,cup game against Ayr (when we were in the second div) to name but a few

We have a high proportion of glory hunters who don't go to league games?

Maybe the folk who attended the QP game should get priority, I would support this.

Lets face facts. The game is 4 or 5 months away. It was a best business judgement to have the game at livi. Lets move on.

Although I am finding it funny watching all the folk wetting their knickers at maybe missing a diddy cup final. Especially ones calling in their shirt sponsorship like some IOU.

Really no need for yet another thread on this,

It's at Livingston - deal with it. We will get about 5000 tickets.

Everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

Can this pointless post not be put into the cup final thread?

i find this to be one of the most mean-spirited, puerile, downright rude replies ever to appear on this forum. it goes without saying that the nomads have a genuine concern

• Like 2

Don't know if the venue can be changed,but I think we should be asking the question.

To gauge the ticket requirements of both clubs, would it be possible to pre order your ticket requirements

At £5 a ticket (fee returnable if tickets cannot be honoured) if this was done say through the month of December it would mean that the clubs,sfl and sponsors would know with a degree of accuracy what size of venue was required and have time to respond.

As I've said previously this could be a showcase not just for teams involved and our league but for the sponsors

That is far too sensible to ever be considered by any Scottish football adminsitrative body..

i find this to be one of the most mean-spirited, puerile, downright rude replies ever to appear on this forum. it goes without saying that the nomads have a genuine concern

How is it mean?

People complaining about something which is not even an issue. If the OP is so dam concerned he should tweet Ian maxwell or email/phone the club directly.

What exactly does the OP want onethistle to do? They as it has already been pointed out are about the matchday experience. They cannot guarantee every nomad a ticket just because they want to experience a cup final.

It's a diddy cup final, I am more concerned about missing the Dumbarton game on the last day of the season thanks to glory hunters.

Edited by little_miss_jag

How is it mean?

People complaining about something which is not even an issue. If the OP is so dam concerned he should tweet Ian maxwell or email/phone the club directly.

What exactly does the OP want onethistle to do? They as it has already been pointed out are about the matchday experience. They cannot guarantee every nomad a ticket just because they want to experience a cup final.

It's a diddy cup final, I am more concerned about missing the Dumbarton game on the last day of the season thanks to glory hunters.

So you're not going?

I've wanted us to win this tournament for years and couldn't care less how prestigious it is. A trophy is a trophy.

How is it mean?

They've already stated that tickets are going to be set aside for the 'singers', something onethistle was dealing with. It's fairly reasonable to presume they may take on a role in regards to sorting out tickets for nomads. Don't ask you don't get.

It's no more petty than the OP claiming to know he'll have been to more games than LMJ has as if it's something to boast about in the very same thread where he's requesting the club or OneThistle consider those who don't make it to Firhill very often, if at all, these days.

So you're not going?

I've wanted us to win this tournament for years and couldn't care less how prestigious it is. A trophy is a trophy.

I don't understand what the link is between thinking it's a diddy cup and not going. At the risk of sounding like an utter tosser and superfan I've been to every game in the cup so far but it doesn't stop me thinking it's a diddy cup just because all of a sudden we're in the final.

This thread is a bit strange, I don't really see why nomads need to have some sort of special provision made for them. The club already sell the match packages and season tickets via paypal or over the phone with the option to post tickets out to those who can't make it up to Firhill. I don't think they're suddenly going to forget this when it comes to cup final tickets. Even if we assume there are 1000 season ticket holders and they all take up their allocation of 2 tickets each and none of the extra tickets go to those who already attend matches and an extra few hundred buy the 9 match package and do likewise there's still around 1500-1600 tickets left if we're being conservative and estimating we get an allocation of 4000 and being realistic there's not going to be a queue down Firhill Road on the day they go on sale which sells out the tickets quicker than a nomad can sit at their PC and click 'buy' on the PTFC home page.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Sensational thread. It should be pinned.

Would onethistle be able to tell me what the weather is going to be on that day, in fact...what will the score be?

• Like 1

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Can I add that the title is also absolutely hilarious.

Hey guys, I put Simon Donnelly on the guestlist for Common in late 2009, get me a queue skip for tickets!

Hey Ian Maxwell, I know you have absolutely no responsibility on where the final will be held, but can you please change the venue?

Some people need to get it out their heads that we are a big club. We might be going somewhere at present, however the days of taking 11,000 (to Hampden against Rangers) are gone. If we take more than half of this (to Livingston on a Sunday) it would be a herculean effort.

People who want a ticket will get one. Go and worry about something else.

Edited by fredthecheesecloth
  • Like 4

Not disputing that regulars will get tickets but i think You're missing the point ,there are fans who for various reasons are not regular,but will move heaven and earth to attend our first final in forty years,and who knows may even become a "regular"

I think anyone that is prepared to "move heaven and earth" to be there will be equally determined to get a ticket.

What does anyone honestly expect the club to do here that it's not already doing? Sounds like some people are looking for preferential treatment because they live outside of f*cking Glasgow!

I hope we do have more than enough tickets for this. Bear in mind that it is around Easter so many Nomads, like me, and others round the UK will be more able to go to this match than normal.

I think the main point is valid. If Livi was big enough beyond doubt, we would not be having this thread. The fact that it MIGHT not be big enough is a worry for me. If people are confident it is more than enough then fine, time will tell.

I remember being at Stirling Albion and feeling it weird to be a Jags fan singing Championees. I didn't expect to sing that song as a Jags fan since we had never looked like winning anything since I started supporting the Jags. It was unforgetable. If Livi is too small, I would would not be best pleased at missing out on my first Cup win... Being in a boozer watching it on telly is not the same.

On top of this, if it does turn out to be too small, then we would also lose out of extra ticket money.

They've already stated that tickets are going to be set aside for the 'singers', something onethistle was dealing with. It's fairly reasonable to presume they may take on a role in regards to sorting out tickets for nomads. Don't ask you don't get.

I think anyone that is prepared to "move heaven and earth" to be there will be equally determined to get a ticket.

What does anyone honestly expect the club to do here that it's not already doing? Sounds like some people are looking for preferential treatment because they live outside of f*cking Glasgow!

If 1JL's first sentence is true (I've no idea whether or not it is), then it's a fair request.

Who warrants the club's help more in trying to get a ticket? Those who live so far away it is impractical for them to queue with everyone else at Firhill to buy their ticket or those who stand at the back of the North Stand and sing at home games?

I'll go for the former.