Vs. Livingston

Jaggernaut

If Bannigan if fit enough to start, then I'd love to see him given a shot in midfield - his natural position. He has a great ability to create space, his good foot work could help Lawless and Erskine make runs into space and available for some good through balls. I have a feeling we'll have a defensive midfielder come in for a defensive midfielder. Murray to come in and I'm quite looking forward to see him back if he does get the nod.

I have a feeling Craig will be fired up for this one, after his silly sending off/suspension. He'll be determined to make amends, I don't know about you but I think that's the sort of character he is. We missed his style away at Accies. I think Jackie will go with Doolan though.

Edited by northernsoul

I'd be very surprised if we went with 3 at the back. Livi's front 3 tore us apart when we played against them towards the nd of last season.

Smith

O'Donnell Muirhead Archibald Sinclair

Murray Bannigan

Lawless Forbes Erskine

Doolan

That would be my line up.

I'd play this as well.

EDIT - No I wouldn't, I'd have Balatoni not Archie.

Edited by uberteeb

3 at the back might work if Muirhead roams forward, if we're going to end up with 3 CB's marking 1 striker then it's a waste.

That's been a bugbear of mine in the past. When we played three at the back not one of the three got forward in open play and Paton didn't get near the byeline as a wingback. Different days now with the defence being far more fluid. Balatoni and Muirhead carry a goal threat that the likes of Storey, the Robertsons, Maxi and Willie K never possessed.

In short with the fitness and adaptability we've got I'm not nearly so concerned with the who plays and the starting set up.

Doolan has been pish for a while now and I think Jackie will freshen it up front.Saturday is a must win game with no place for passengers.

Doolan's form suffered after he was benched following Craig's arrival. Kris needs a few starts to get back to top form.

Doolan's form suffered after he was benched following Craig's arrival. Kris needs a few starts to get back to top form.

I think this is always a danger when loan players get directly parachuted into the team. When it happens and somebody gets dropped to make way, it must be hard for the dropped player not to think that the newcomer is thought to be better, even without any evidence to back it up.

That's not correct. Doolan wasn't near his best prior to Craig's arrival, in fact for the whole season. Great in patches, which were few, but nothing approaching ninety minutes. If fully fit I've no doubt Kris would have marginally improved had he played instead of Craig, but over the piece the latter's inclusion is not the reason for Doolan's form slump.

Kris not getting on the score sheet is not too worrying. Every goal scorer goes thru bad spells but I think his normally exceptional first touch has deserted him a tad so far this season. Don't think it'll be long till he's back to his best even if he has to come off the bench to show it..

It's nonsense to describe this as a 'must win', there are no must win games in November. Yes, it is the sort of game we should be looking to win if we're serious about the league, and it is always important to bounce back after a defeat, but Livvy are in a bit of form and it won't be easy. If we draw 2-2, for example, it's not the end of our season.

It's nonsense to describe this as a 'must win', there are no must win games in November. Yes, it is the sort of game we should be looking to win if we're serious about the league, and it is always important to bounce back after a defeat, but Livvy are in a bit of form and it won't be easy. If we draw 2-2, for example, it's not the end of our season.

I have a horrible feeling about today. They are on a good run, have a new management team to impress....we are ravaged with injuries and suspensions and have (hope I am proved wrong) a goalkeeper who appears to be very low in confidence. Personally I hope we keep our 100% home record but would take a draw right now!

I see goals in this one. Both ourselves and Livingston play good, attacking football, and our goalkeeping woes could well make their task easier. Equally, of course, them attacking leaves their slightly fragile defence exposed for Erskine, Lawless and Craig to run through/bully. Should be good.