Vs. Livingston

Jaggernaut

So, with Paton out, maybe Welsh straight back in? Or Slane?

The goalkeeping situation is far from ideal.

Some people say that Dools wasn't at the races last weekend. Does he start, or does Son of Joe come right back in? What about McGuigan?

Actually, for a couple of days I've not had a good feeling about this upcoming match. Can anybody lift the spirits?

So, with Paton out, maybe Welsh straight back in? Or Slane?

The goalkeeping situation is far from ideal.

Some people say that Dools wasn't at the races last weekend. Does he start, or does Son of Joe come right back in? What about McGuigan?

Actually, for a couple of days I've not had a good feeling about this upcoming match. Can anybody lift the spirits?

Bit early for this but I think Murray will come in for Paton (Welsh is out for a good while). That could maybe mean we drop Archie or Conrad. Or Bannigan could replace Paton if we went a bit more defensive at the back.

I don't see McGuigan starting and wouldn't be surprised if Craig replaces Doolan.

Why don't we try parking the bus at home for a change? Everyone else seems to be having a go with us...

at home to livingston? the fact that The Pars are at home to Dungbarton means Saturday is a win at all costs! They will probably go top on Saturday as I think they will win by at least 4 or 5 goals and we'll scrape a 2-1 or 3-2 win, dependant on how many Smith decides to throw in.

• Members

I can see us going to a back 3 on Saturday with O'Donnel and Sinclair playing more as wing backs. Lawless and Erskine are stick ons at the moment so I suspect that we might see Murray in for his steel, and Bannigan in for his energy to fill the gap left by Paton. That would mean unfortunately Forbes would drop out for this one. I think a midfield pairing of Murray and Forbes just isn't mobile enough. I think the opposition central defence will determine whether Doolan retains his place or if Craig comes back in. I think Dools will keep his place.

I would be concerned about bringing 2 guys that haven't played for weeks into midfield. When we make too many changes, we usually mess up. Stick with Archie at the back and O'Donnell in midfield.I think I would go with Murray instead of Bannigan but I am not sure whether it should be Doolan or Craig

Very difficult team selection for Jackie here. With Livi playing an open style of game you have to fancy us to win this, but the goalkeeping situation is a big worry.

Should Jackie move back to 4-3-3 or keep the 4-4-2? Having Muirhead at right back is a waste considering he in my opinion is the best centre back in the league however I would continue for now with him here. Think we need Archie at the back with having a goalkeeper that is low on confidence.

Midfield I would bring Murray back if he is 100%. Bannigan and Forbes would be a little light weight for me. This allows O'Donnell to continue in the right midfield position, if Livi give him the space Dunfermline did then it could be a similar score line. O'Donnell could in my opinion be a better midfielder than right back. Number one priory to get on a long contract - could turn out to be worth a lot of money.

I would continue with Doolan upfront and hope he can show the form he started the season in. Hopefully he just needs a run of games to do this.

Would like to see big McGuigan get his opportunity of the next few games.

We've got to go with the formation that has been working for us, 4-2-3-1. I'd go with Craig up front and put Murray and Bannigan back into defensive midfield. I can see the attraction of playing three central defenders to help support Smith, however Murray almost acts as a front sitting sweeper and should offer this same support from midfield breaking down Livingston attacks early. In attack Erskine and Lawless would be asked to push forward, as would Bannigan turning it into a 4-1-3-2. Should things need changed we would have plenty of options too.

Smith

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni Sinclair

Murray Bannigan

Lawless Forbes Erskine

Craig

Smith needs protection at corners & probably less so at crosses, don't see how a back 3 would help him catch a ball. I'm sure his shot stopping will be decent, most goalies who have played at any decent level are usually decent shot stoppers.

3 at the back might work if Muirhead roams forward, if we're going to end up with 3 CB's marking 1 striker then it's a waste.

When we played them at the West Lothian Cat and Dog Home stadium we didn't have Forbes, but Murray was great that day. Craig went off early and Elliot played a bit of a blinder. Can't remember what formation we were set out in that bright sunny day so long ago, but it seemed to work fine. Archie was a bit shaky though....

I'd be very surprised if we went with 3 at the back. Livi's front 3 tore us apart when we played against them towards the nd of last season.

Smith

O'Donnell Muirhead Archibald Sinclair

Murray Bannigan

Lawless Forbes Erskine

Doolan

That would be my line up.

Edited by Santana
  • Like 1