Justin...bloody Awful

Lindau

Passed a late fitness test today as seriously flu-ed up....wish I hadnt bothered. We were rotten against a dreadful Airdrie side who indeed might have got all points if Smith hadnt pulled off a half decent save right after they scored. Only Sinclair and Bannigan got pass marks from me. Erskine tried hard but not a lot came off for him, but his goal was a belter! Away form is dreadful and unless we get that sorted we wont be winning any league this season. Morton have got the momentum going just now, just like we had earlier on in the season. We have to hang on to their coat tails until their form slump inevitably happens (and it will) The team has lost its confidence and we badly need a result on Wednesday....in fact its essential

I am away tae bed with a lemsip!!!

Edited by Lindau

An awful result in my opinion against a team who will be easy pickings for the other contenders. The attitude in the first half was totally wrong, it seemed as if we expected to canter home against an absolutely rank rotten team. It didn't really go for us after half-time, but we left ourselves with work to do after an utter crap first half. Didn't even notice Welsh until he was subbed, and Craig either seems to be absolutely brilliant or rank rotten, totally anonymous today. Bannigan and Sinclair I thought had good games and Muirhead done alright at right back after a roasting against Morton. Defence was a bit shaky and struggled to deal with the pace of the pitch, I recall one point in the first half where Balatoni totally misjudged a header and the ball flew right over him. Paton just seemed to hack away and moan, not one of his better games.

Sinclair was the only one who played well today although his delivery was often baws. None of our attacking players were any good apart from Doolan looking alright when he came on. Airdrie and Dumbarton are both way out of their depth, dropping any points against either isn't good enough if we want to win the league.

Really poor first half today and improved in 2nd but not good enough. Given the way the game went a point was all we deserved and even then you could argue Airdrie deserved to win havin had the best of the chances. We had plenty of chances to put decent deliveries into the box and failed miserably most of the time. Sinclair Bannigan and Archie had good games for me, Erskine tried hard but it just didnt come off for him but at least he scored a cracker, his link up play with Lawless was at times amteurish. Welsh clearly needs game time and Craig was really anonymous. Muirhead worked his socks off and gave it his all but sadly he is not a wing back too often the delivery into the box was poor. Hope this isnt the game that bites us in the bum come end of season

Airdrie are a terrible team. The number 3 is a horrible player, niggly, nasty and ugly to boot. The majority of the team look like neds and while their goal was well taken instead of going to his own tiny supporters the scorer runs over to noise the Thistle support up. I'm sure he will be out in a pub tonight as the local pest. Everything about their team is negative and something Scottish football needs to move away from.

We are not clicking at all. Too many times we tried long balls where we lost the 2nd ball or others which bounced away too fast on the artificial surface. Archie, Sinclair, Bannigan were best of the lot. Doolan was good when he came on. Again Erskine and Lawless just not clicking but kept plugging away and Erskine strike was great.

By far and away our worst performance of the season. If someone was to offer me a draw at half time, I would have bitten their arm off for it. Against a godawful Airdrie team, today was simply not good enough, the first half in particular.

Never thought this would be the case but we missed Forbes A LOT today and Doolan coming on showed just how little Steven Craig actually does for the team. He scores goals but when Doolan plays, we look a lot more dangerous and he brings Erskine and Lawless into the game. Erskine tried his best and I think his goal was deserved, nothing was coming off for him previous. The quicker Paton learns to shut up the better, sick of seeing him moan for about 20 minutes after a foul has been given - just get on with it.

Positives were little - we came into the game a bit more when Doolan came on and Erskine's goal is a bumper. We're still only two points behind with a game in hand and a squad thats not yet back to complete health. No need to panic just yet.

By far and away our worst performance of the season. If someone was to offer me a draw at half time, I would have bitten their arm off for it. Against a godawful Airdrie team, today was simply not good enough, the first half in particular.

Never thought this would be the case but we missed Forbes A LOT today and Doolan coming on showed just how little Steven Craig actually does for the team. He scores goals but when Doolan plays, we look a lot more dangerous and he brings Erskine and Lawless into the game. Erskine tried his best and I think his goal was deserved, nothing was coming off for him previous. The quicker Paton learns to shut up the better, sick of seeing him moan for about 20 minutes after a foul has been given - just get on with it.

Positives were little - we came into the game a bit more when Doolan came on and Erskine's goal is a bumper. We're still only two points behind with a game in hand and a squad thats not yet back to complete health. No need to panic just yet.

Terrible game just hope the mentality of the team has not dropped, 1 point from 6 says it all within 2days.

Ginolas bald- i think you are a bit harsh on craig, doolan has been anonymous for a long time, if it wasnt for craig i dont think we would be as close to top of league as we are.

Flattered to decieve today, had all the ball with no end product. Look like we've lost our mojo these past few games,were lucky to beat raith, and now these past 2 games 1 point from 6, dont see morton slipping up anytime soon and i struggle to see us putting a decent run together at the minute, too many players either injured/suspended/off the boil.

Hang on a minute,guys. Don't be hard on the Morton performance. We were far superior to them, but didn't take our chances. It was a bad result - not performance. Wasn't there today, so can't comment on the performance. The injured players are on the way back. All teams have good and bad runs. I think it will come down to who has the bottle, but there is still a long way to go.

Not wishing to start one of those "good fans bad fans" debates, but those who booed at half time and full time need to take a look at themselves and get a grip.

Yes, we were shit today and the 2nd half against Morton, but it's only halfway and we're 2nd top FFS.

And the guys behind me ripping into Erskine were very quiet after his goal.

I think the team was fair game for being booed at half-time at least. They never turned up against a rubbish outfit who we'd trounced a couple of months prior.

I'm inclined to agree. We can tolerate bad results, but the attitude stank against a team we should be absolutely hosing. When you pay money and get that, you're within your right to voice your displeasure.

Having said that, I didn't boo them off (I came close though), but when the full time whistle went I just stood up. I'm willing to applaud valiant failure, but not that.

I think those of us who are pressing the panic button should take a deep breath and calm down.yes it was pretty poor stuff today at times and boxing days result was particularly hard to take but every team in every league will have a run of poor results at some stage.teams like airdrie are a joke and when playing the top teams will defend and time waste all day long.as long as the team remains focused and patient I'm sure it'll be a matter of time before we get back to winning ways.in the meantime it'll be interesting to see how Morton deal with the pressure of being the top team.iv seen the majority of games this season and iv yet to see any team better than the jags.

I'm not his biggest fan but I thought smith had a good game today.also,when Doolan came on I thought he looked sharp and posed a threat.

One negative note is,and it may sound strange considering he scored but erskine's current form has been poor.

Just a though but how about those suggesting we boo get behind the team instead?

I think you're misunderstanding,,,,

Folk may well have been getting behind the team during both 45 minutes... But chose to show displeasure at the end of each half.

I don't think anyone is condoning booing during the game.

An awful result in my opinion against a team who will be easy pickings for the other contenders. The attitude in the first half was totally wrong, it seemed as if we expected to canter home against an absolutely rank rotten team. It didn't really go for us after half-time, but we left ourselves with work to do after an utter crap first half. Didn't even notice Welsh until he was subbed, and Craig either seems to be absolutely brilliant or rank rotten, totally anonymous today. Bannigan and Sinclair I thought had good games and Muirhead done alright at right back after a roasting against Morton. Defence was a bit shaky and struggled to deal with the pace of the pitch, I recall one point in the first half where Balatoni totally misjudged a header and the ball flew right over him. Paton just seemed to hack away and moan, not one of his better games.

Above sums it up for me tho' I thought Welsh was just about passable in the first half..

Our performance reminded me a bit of that of a mid table SPL side playing a cup game away to lower league opposition. You know when they haven't done the homework on their opponents and just think they need to turn up. They up the ante as the game progresses but all too late to win the game.