Pttv: Falkirk Highlights

fritzy

Could watch the 4th goal all night!! At the game yesterday I though the goalie should have walked for the Lawless incident but highlights make it look 50/50 to me....Jackie in papers today saying he hopes to have Lawless back in a couple of weeks. Tad optimistic I would think!

Edited by Lindau

Could watch the 4th goal all night!! At the game yesterday I though the goalie should have walked for the Lawless incident but highlights make it look 50/50 to me....Jackie in papers today saying he hopes to have Lawless back in a couple of weeks. Tad optimistic I would think!

i agree with you about the keeper, I was convinced he 'done' Lawless, but in the highlights I think it was definitely 50/50

Highlights great. Should be compulsory viewing for anyone daft enough to think that berating Erskine is good judgement. Cant think of any Jag in my supporting life who could have got the 4th - Chic might have done the finish, but not beat the man at that pace; people like Buckley might have beat the man, but not had the finish. Reminds me of a Larsson goal when Celtic beat Rangers 6-2 but this was actually harder to execute. Magic stuff. Sadly he'll be signed soon!

• Members

Highlights, definitely Erskines second and Forbes pass to Bannigan. Alston's pass for the missed Falkirk chance was also a belter of a pass. Don't think Taylor was offside as I believe he was behind the ball when the pass was played to him.

Feel even more now that the Lawless incident was 50-50, the keeper ducks a little, fearing injury as well and unfortunately for Lawless, that's what does the damage to his jaw.

Not quite sure how Morton got three points yesterday going by these highlights!!

http://www.livingsto...0113/livitv.php

That's the difference between the top teams and good teams. What Morton do isn't pretty, but it's effective, which is pretty much the opposite of what Livingston do.

Onto our match, the McGovern incident was 50/50 and Lawless was just unlucky to be on the wrong end of it. As for the Erskine tackle leading up to their goal, I screamed "foul" when it happened and stand by that, but if it was the other way I'd say it was a fantastic tackle. On another day, Lawless would be fine and the foul would have been given, but that's football.

Erskine's second... what a goal, gets better every time you see it! Up there with Forbes' screamer against Dunfermline and I don't say that in vain.

:happy3: What can I say ? It should've been an 8-2 scoreline if all chances had gone in. It looked a good game. How many Fans attended ?

The 4th Goal was a very well taken effort with the lead up to the lob just fantastic. Even Messi would've proud of that one! :head_ball:

Attendance was 3200-odd. Considering how I couldn't feel my face afterwards I think that's good.

Noticed that the ref was in an excellent position to judge whether the tackle on Erskine was good. I can't tell given the camera angle if the tackler contacted the ball. He did catch Erskine and sometimes that overrules whether the ball is touched, yeah?

As for the debate re Erskine, I think he is even better than my hero McQuade, tho' for entertainment, I'd call it a tie. He is McQuade with a turbobooster :happy2:

• Members

They changed the tackle from behind rule a few years ago because so many forwards were getting bad injuries because of it. You can make a tackle from behind as long as it's clean and you don't make any contact with your opponent. If you take the ball and then the man, it should be free kick. Maybe the ref judged it to be from the side and thought Chris made a meal of it. (he has taken the odd dive now and then let's be honest!) If the ref looks at the highlights, I think he would realise he boobed. In the heat of the moment you don't always see it the same way as everyone else.

Cracking coverage :thumbsup2: .

I don't think the highlights are in any way biased when in the last 30mins they show just the one serious attack on goal by Falkirk. Willjag mentioned the Forbes pass to Bannigan earlier today and I couldn't mind it being that exceptional. I certainly stand corrected.

Erskine's second just as great as I thought at the time. I can see a few heated arguments as to whether it was better than O'Donnell's against the Pars. Undeniably it's another fabulous goal.

Highlights great. Should be compulsory viewing for anyone daft enough to think that berating Erskine is good judgement. Cant think of any Jag in my supporting life who could have got the 4th - Chic might have done the finish, but not beat the man at that pace; people like Buckley might have beat the man, but not had the finish. Reminds me of a Larsson goal when Celtic beat Rangers 6-2 but this was actually harder to execute. Magic stuff. Sadly he'll be signed soon!

Cairney last season... vs Falkirk!

They changed the tackle from behind rule a few years ago because so many forwards were getting bad injuries because of it. You can make a tackle from behind as long as it's clean and you don't make any contact with your opponent. If you take the ball and then the man, it should be free kick. Maybe the ref judged it to be from the side and thought Chris made a meal of it. (he has taken the odd dive now and then let's be honest!) If the ref looks at the highlights, I think he would realise he boobed. In the heat of the moment you don't always see it the same way as everyone else.

I agree that it looked like a tackle from behind. Just bad luck really that the ref didn't see it that way.

Great highlights. The Falkirk defender made a pig's ear of stopping Balatoni's header. Craig was unlucky a few times. Erskine: one of those days when he's just terrific to watch. Maybe he didn't celebrate his first very much, but I laughed out loud at his grin and posture ("How great was that??") after he scored his second! Also good to see the Foxmeister looking on form.

If only we could do something about our poor away form.....