Cowdenbeath This Saturday

The Earl of Hathaway

If ever a big Jags support was needed, this is it. We need to show the players that they, and the club, are what matters. Not one man and his managerial 'ambition' - he's gone now so it's up to us and the players to show what we're made of. No rallying calls or what could have beens - just a big hearty FU to the rest of the division who will see this as an opportunity to take advantage. Win on Saturday and we're 2 points behind Morton. That's where the focus should and what we should be concentrating on.

Forever and ever....

Why?

When you say Cowdenbeath people usually complain it's rubbish, but I love it. An away day is what you make it. A few drinks on the train, a trip to Stephens bakery for some doughnuts and then a few cheap drinks in the new goth - I love it! There ground is a hell hole but it's so bad it's funny and I like it! Don't see much of the game because the stand is so bad but it's a good day out! :)!

Edited by little_miss_jag
  • Like 1

How sweet will it be to now go on and win the league and cup after what's gone on today?!

Sure we're all gutted but we don't love this team because of Jackie, we love them because they are the great Partick Thistle Football Club.

Lets all rock up on Saturday and let a few people know that we still mean business. We've worked too hard over the last 18 months to let it slip now.

When you say Cowdenbeath people usually complain it's rubbish, but I love it. An away day is what you make it. A few drinks on the train, a trip to Stephens bakery for some doughnuts and then a few cheap drinks in the new goth - I love it! There ground is a hell hole but it's so bad it's funny and I like it! Don't see much of the game because the stand is so bad but it's a good day out! :)!

Quite agree, LMJ: let's rock the arse out that crazy Fife madhoos!

agree completely with the positive remarks from this topic, my only concern is that our worst period came when Jackie was assigned to the stands for 3 games and now hes completely gone will we ever be the same ? I sincerely hope so and I will continue to support the lads on the field and f**k the BoD !!!!!

Now is the time for the players to show what this club and its supporters mean to them, and for the supporters to show the players and club, what they mean to them.

Similarily the club must also equal that commitment, and not appoint unwanted donkeys like Campbell or old jaded has-beens like Calderwood or McPherson, and show to the players and supporters how much they believe in those who wear the red and yellow on and off the pitch, and bring in the right man (and backroom team) to not only carry on what's been started, but take the players and footballing philosophy we have to the next level.

Edited by yoda-jag

What we thinking then? O'Donnell making his return? I can imagine Archie will be taking charge so here's what I think'll happen...

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Paton - Welsh

Erskine - Forbes - Bannigan

Craig

Once again 2-1 to the Jags. :frantic:

Thistle's strongest lineup IMO. We should beat Cowdebeath with that team.

Jackie Who?

Pretty sure Archie will be installed as a caretaker manager before the Cowdenbeath game. His first big decision in management is should he drop himself from the team!

Think we will go 4-4-1-1 – with Erskine in a free role behind Craig.

........................Fox

O’Donnell.....Balatoni..... Muirhead…. Sinclair

Welsh.........Paton... Forbes..... Bannigan

……....…………….Erskine...........................

…………………....Craig........................

Subs

Daniels

Archibald

Mcguigan

Craigen

Doolan

Edited by Alan Murray

For anyone who is not on FB, this is from PTFC official page and sums it up perfectly,

"It's been a tough few days for the Club but it is time now to move forward.

The players who have produced so many excellent performances this season remain the same and in a playing and coaching role Alan Archibald has had a huge part to play in that.

Lets now wish him every success as manager and continue to give the players the fantastic support that has marked much of this season."

Lets all get to Cowdenbeath!! :) Archie Archie ....

Edited by little_miss_jag

I really wish I could make it up there this week or some time soon to wish Archie and Shaggie the best in person. From the outset we need to be singing "Archie Archie" and "Shaggy for Scotland" to show them and the players we're still behind them.

As for how we'll go, I think Archie will realise Muirhead and Balatoni are the way to go.

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni Sinclair

Paton Bannigan

Welsh Erskine Forbes

Craig