Dunfermline

The Cup

They look like they might be going the way of Rangers and heading for complete extinction. They have 7 days to pay HMRC their money or they will be liquidated. Things are looking grim and Jim Leishman has told fans not to put money into the club as it would not help.

This effects Thistle as we would drop 2 more points behind Morton when DUnfermline's results are expunged from record.

They look like they might be going the way of Rangers and heading for complete extinction. They have 7 days to pay HMRC their money or they will be liquidated. Things are looking grim and Jim Leishman has told fans not to put money into the club as it would not help.

This effects Thistle as we would drop 2 more points behind Morton when DUnfermline's results are expunged from record.

Has that been confirmed as happenning re the points?

also how long does an administration process take, before liquidation sets in, bear in mind rangers went into admin mid Feb...

it's the administrators job to cut back spending, make folk redundant, pay off high earners and come to an agreement with debtors.... hard to believe that could all happen before the end of the season.

look at dundee, how long were they in administration for?

Has that been confirmed as happenning re the points?

also how long does an administration process take, before liquidation sets in, bear in mind rangers went into admin mid Feb...

it's the administrators job to cut back spending, make folk redundant, pay off high earners and come to an agreement with debtors.... hard to believe that could all happen before the end of the season.

look at dundee, how long were they in administration for?

Its my understanding that there will be no administration ---something to do with the club set up but they will go straight into liquidation.

If livvy have a bad record v the pars it could also put livvy right into the fight for promotion

It seems that the SFL rules state that the points for all DAFC games this season would be voided if they are liquidated. This would be very bad news for us - the two points more we have gained in comparison to Morton in particular could turn out to be vital with things as close as they are. No team battling at the top of a division is ever in a position to see points chalked back off so this would be a sickener.

Hoping that Dunfermline pull through - I for one would hate to see them disappear - or that in a worst case scenario, (somehow) the decision is taken to award 3-0 wins to DAFC's opponents for the rest of the campaign, which would be fairer anyway given that the games have already been played and battled out. Imagine that the brilliant 5-1 home win - maybe the best performance I have ever seen at Firhill - ended up 'void'? Shudder...

Edited by ColinKelvin
  • Like 2

In order to go into administration, you have to have assets. Since Dunfermline dont own East End Park and the players have little or no resale value, they effectively have no assets.

I think them going under and us losing the points would be the end of me. What is it with Fife teams this season? First the Cowdenbeath saga, the Raith posponment and now this from Dunfermline...

Its my understanding that there will be no administration ---something to do with the club set up but they will go straight into liquidation.

If livvy have a bad record v the pars it could also put livvy right into the fight for promotion

I believe Livi lost their first game but won the two since.

It seems that the SFL rules state that the points for all DAFC games this season would be voided if they are liquidated. This would be very bad news for us - the two points more we have gained in comparison to Morton in particular could turn out to be vital with things as close as they are. No team battling at the top of a division is ever in a position to see points chalked back off so this would be a sickener.

Hoping that Dunfermline pull through - I for one would hate to see them disappear - or that in a worst case scenario, (somehow) the decision is taken to award 3-0 wins to DAFC's opponents for the rest of the campaign, which would be fairer anyway given that the games have already been played and battled out. Imagine that the brilliant 5-1 home win - maybe the best performance I have ever seen at Firhill - ended up 'void'? Shudder...

The fact we are a;ready 3/4s of way through season, and any admin or liquidation is another week or two away, it would be ludicrous to void over 3/4s of the seasons results - let alone fair. The simplest solution, should Dunfermline be unable to fulfil their fixtures this season, is for whenever this happens in next couple of months, the last 9 games they play be revised (or awarded) as 3-0 wins to their oppositions (thus, the minimal damage or result changes would be implemented).

IF the results were to be voided:

We would lose 9 points (and 10 F, 1 A)

Greencok would lose 7 points (and 10 F, 5A)

Livi would lose 3 points (5 F, 3 A ..... Pars won 4-0, then lost 2-1 and 1-0)

We would be the biggest losers of such a revision no doubt.

ETA: revised league table, would currently look like this:

Morton P24 GD: F47 A28 = +19 ..... 48 points

PTFC P22 GD: F45 A21 = +24 ....... 44 points

Livi P23 GD: F40 A33 = +7 ............ 37 points

(32 game season)

Edited by yoda-jag

The fact we are a;ready 3/4s of way through season, and any admin or liquidation is another week or two away, it would be ludicrous to void over 3/4s of the seasons results - let alone fair. The simplest solution, should Dunfermline be unable to fulfil their fixtures this season, is for whenevr this happens in next couple of months, the last 9 games they play be revised (or awarded) as 3-0 wins to their oppositions (thus, the minimal damage or result changes would be implemented).

I agree with you entirely re: fairness - but it is a major worry that some people (admittedly on P&B, not always exactly the most informed source) are saying that the SFL rules state that voiding is the step which would be taken. And, as others on this thread have said, DAFC may skip administration and be liquidated sooner rather than later. It is a worrying situation for us (albeit not as worrying as it must be for Dunfermline fans, right enough).

The fact we are a;ready 3/4s of way through season, and any admin or liquidation is another week or two away, it would be ludicrous to void over 3/4s of the seasons results - let alone fair. The simplest solution, should Dunfermline be unable to fulfil their fixtures this season, is for whenever this happens in next couple of months, the last 9 games they play be revised (or awarded) as 3-0 wins to their oppositions (thus, the minimal damage or result changes would be implemented).

Livi P23 GD: F40 A33 = =7 ............ 40 points

(32 game season)

Livi would lose 6 points, having beat Dunfermline twice.

Livi P23 GD: F40 A33 = +7 ............ 37 points

(32 game season)

If that's what the rules are, we'd have no option but to go with it (potentially devastating as it may be).

Christ Celtic have made £20M from the Champions League this year. You think they might come up with a wee loan for a club that gave them Jock Stein.

Why? That was a very long time ago.

but surely time is completely relative?

The fact that Jock Stein came to Parkhead from Hibernian may actually be more to the point.

But is this about Dunfermline? Looks to me that the likes of Masterton and his cronies are looking to sting the Pars fans for as much as they can get them to put up then they'll flog off the club (or wind it up to avoid paying any debts). I don't think anyone in charge of Dunfemline gives a damn about what happnes to the club.

Why is there no discussion about administration - surely clubs in worse states (Dundee) have come through this and survived? Or are the guys who hold the debt (supposedly Pars-friendly) not willing to accept pennies for pounds and would rather flog the club off for a car park or something?

Edited by Mr Bunny

In order to go into administration, you have to have assets. Since Dunfermline dont own East End Park and the players have little or no resale value, they effectively have no assets.

I think them going under and us losing the points would be the end of me. What is it with Fife teams this season? First the Cowdenbeath saga, the Raith posponment and now this from Dunfermline...

did Dundee own Dens at the time of the 2nd administration? I don't think they have owned it since the time of the 1st administration, although they had some players with value (Harkins & Griffiths)

But is this about Dunfermline? Looks to me that the likes of Masterton and his cronies are looking to sting the Pars fans for as much as they can get them to put up then they'll flog off the club (or wind it up to avoid paying any debts). I don't think anyone in charge of Dunfemline gives a damn about what happnes to the club.

Why is there no discussion about administration - surely clubs in worse states (Dundee) have come through this and survived? Or are the guys who hold the debt (supposedly Pars-friendly) not willing to accept pennies for pounds and would rather flog the club off for a car park or something?

Leishman himself has said it would most likely go straight to liquidation. Explained here.

He's like the Walter Smith of Dunfermline, Jim Leishman... Up to his eyeballs in all the sh!te, serving as Director of Football.... yet now conveniently positioned by himself and the press as the goody to Masterson's baddy.

"I demand answers from Masterson" aye nae bother Jim. Just answer them yourself, check the minutes from all the meetings you attended.