Inside Info

Lindau

I am not going into sources so dont ask as I dont want anyone getting into trouble, but I was told today by someone who has a son that plays with Dundee Und that the players at Tannadice have been told that there will be three Jags players joining them for next season. My feeling is that the other one will be Stephen O'Donnell. Sorry to put a dampner on last nights proceedings and hopefully she has heard wrong....but I doubt it!

These rumours are just that: rumours. Getting pretty sick hearing about Paton and Erskine leaving, now there's more names being bandied around. We get the message, they're probably offski. We already know this. I remember the Bachirou to Killie rumour last season, he was pretty much signed, sealed, delivered. What's the point in discussing this, really?

These rumours are just that: rumours. Getting pretty sick hearing about Paton and Erskine leaving, now there's more names being bandied around. We get the message, they're probably offski. We already know this. I remember the Bachirou to Killie rumour last season, he was pretty much signed, sealed, delivered. What's the point in discussing this, really?

Its you thats discussing it!!. It a jags forum ffs, you know a place where we discuss all the fact/rumours that we hear about the club A girl that has no knowledge of Partick Th was told by her son who plays for Und that three jags players are joining. She told me that this morning knowing that I was a big jags supporter. We will see if the info is correct soon enough!

Its you thats discussing it!!. It a jags forum ffs, you know a place where we discuss all the fact/rumours that we hear about the club A girl that has no knowledge of Partick Th was told by her son who plays for Und that three jags players are joining. She told me that this morning knowing that I was a big jags supporter. We will see if the info is correct soon enough!

Not knocking you, its just that every time I read about this, it makes me angry.

I despise McNamara

Every player reserved the right to better their career and income and I wouldn't stand in their way.

At least we know early enough that Archie will be looking for players to replace those leaving.

For all we know, the suggest players might get a bad injury or just not be able to cut it. Maybe it's a blessing and we replace them with a couple of SPL experienced heads.

I despise McNamara

I wouldnt have a bad word to say about McNamara other than the £80,000 saga. No Jags fan should forget the players he brought in and the start we had this season after years of mediocrity. He is history now and imo we have a better manager, but no one should forget what McNamara did for the club.

I wouldnt have a bad word to say about McNamara other than the £80,000 saga. No Jags fan should forget the players he brought in and the start we had this season after years of mediocrity. He is history now and imo we have a better manager, but no one should forget what McNamara did for the club.

He's probably done us a favour as I doubt we'd be on the verge of winning the league if he's still been in charge.

I will never forget the way he left though and the stuff about the £80K and tapping up our players (note that every time we have a high profile game, there's a Jags player to Utd story) means he'll never be welcome back at Firhill in my eyes. I really hope we pump them next season.

• Like 2

Having a few mates in the game any signings are dependant on other players leaving Dundee United first before anyone goes in. All it takes is an injury or manager sacking somewhere else down the chain and the signing doesn't go ahead.

Until a signing is literally signed I'm not worrying too much.

Like several others, I do not believe that we would be in such a good position if JM was still our manager. He basically couldn't buy an away victory, and seemed short of ideas about how to change tactics. AA has quickly and effectively shown that he has what it takes tactically, and his signing of McMillan and Dowie was extremely shrewd.

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 1

We would be due money for SOD no? DUFC have no money.

Also someone has said Lawless was leaving so I'll believe it when I see it.

If they did then they must mean they have heard a club is prepared to offer money for him as he's under contract.for another year. I know a rumour can sound interesting but you have to examine it and see if it makes sense.

• Members

On the Sportsound podcast, Archie stated that he knows that he will need to strengthen his squad for next season and that new players will be coming on and some of the players will be leaving. It sounded like he already knew that some of the guys were going to leave. Of course it's disappointing, but when you have such a young successful side, bigger fish are going to come hunting. All we can do is thank these guys for a fantastic season, sorry (very!) they're leaving, good luck on your next career move unless you're against the Jags and you'll be fondly remembered by the majority.

• Like 1

Erskine and Paton are 100 per cent off guys. We can forget about them staying.

Erskine been immense this season & added the missing consistency to his game.

SPL with McNamara doing whatever he's doing with a number of players leaving DU & trying to implement his own style might be a different story.

Paton as said previously will be a miss but I do have my doubts about him at higher level. Game based mostly on energy & work rate which may not be enough at DU.

I think with Russell & Daly likely to be away don't be surprised if DU struggle as that's both their proven goal scorers. That's where we should be putting the contract in front of Dools before McNamara decides he wants him also.

Would just add, doesn't mean I don't wish Erskine & Paton well (can't say same bout McNamara tho).

Erskine and Paton are 100 per cent off guys. We can forget about them staying.

Alright, fair enough. As I asked in another thread which subsequently turned into a shouting match to get the herd back into line -

If he has really signed a pre-contract should we play him for the remainder of the season? Will Archie sit him down and ask him straight out? Does he have any obligation to tell the truth? ...

I've heard Paton has definitely signed with DU aswell, got a text from my Sevco supporting mate on Sunday before the Ramsdens saying gd luck, did u know Paton has signed with DU, his old man knows Patons' old man, he's from Houston which I think is over near where Paton is from so it ties up, don't think it's got anything to do with a 'mystery injury' as someone said earlier, he did take a heavy tackle in the first of the 2 cowden games. very happy for him and Erskine, they deserve it, couldny gie two hoots ATM, aslong as we get over the line this season!