Cost Of Next Season.

jagfox

With a few posts cropping up about cost of away tickets and home season tickets what should we be charging next season for Season Tickets and matchday tickets?

I would hope £20 for an adult with concessions staying at the same price. Kids for free will still be in place. Would £300 be too much of a jump for STs?

With the excellent Main Stand in use will we be able to charge the cheeky east-end mob a comparative amount to the £29 they charge for their ground?

I reckon we should charge £2.000 a head for use of the away dug-out for games with Dundee United?

It seems you can charge different prices in different stands as some of the spl teams are doing this season. 20 quid for home fans would be good but I'd be charging away fans 22/23 and shellik 29. Current spl teams have away support paying these prices so why shouldn't we. The under 16s for free may well help attract decent away supports next season. I'd like to think that hibs, hearts and st mirren would all bring more than 1000 with them and of course we should sell out against our other glasgow neighbours. Am sure someone posted st mirrens away crowds on another post - I'd think we would get similar numbers coming to us next season.

£300 wouldnt be to much of a jump.

Looking at what other clubs charge though, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

Aberdeen

£ 227.00

Celtic

£ 387.00*

Dundee

£ 297.00

Dundee United

£ 299.00

Heart Of Midlothian

£ 310.00

Hibernian

£355

Inverness CT

£ 200.00

Kilmarnock

£ 280.00

Motherwell

£ 270.00#

Ross County

£ 300.00

St Johnstone

£ 295.00

St Mirren

£ 310.00

Different prices for different stand is common at most of these SPL grounds, but £300 for the cheapest season ticket would put us up there in being one the more expensive SPL clubs in terms of season ticket price.

What I would have like would have been an early bird offer freezing our price, so that we could buy regardless of the league we were in. But I guess it's too late for that!

I know personally, any more than £300 that then I will probably struggle to buy mine.

I paid £270 (I think!) this year including the hospitality option (which was a great idea!), so three ton isn't much of a jump.

We are one of the most expensive in the 1st division, jumping £40 is fine (although it's alot when you don't have a spare £40)

but I have a feeling it might well be more than that! Hope I am wrong.

Edited by little_miss_jag

I don't think it would be right to charge visiting supporters more. Remember the furore when Clyde charged us more.

Yes i was at that game and certainly not amused but if its common practise in the spl then why not? If they were in the jackie husband we would need to charge the same price but if housed in the main stand we can charge a different price. Keep the under 16s free for them and there wouldnt be too many complaints!

Why should we get ripped off elsewhere and everyone else has a cheap day out at furhill?!

Edited by thistledave78

On a note of season tickets, anyone know if we will actually get to reserve a seat in the north stand?

i have stood in the same place all season, then the Morton game is mobbed and my space is taken. I don't mind, it's just annoying.

Thats the one thing that hasn't been discussed LMJ... Incidentally, do you stand 2nd from back row, aisle seat in the middle of the stand?

I'll be checking where i stand tomorrow night to take a note of the seat, incase this happens.

Thats the one thing that hasn't been discussed LMJ... Incidentally, do you stand 2nd from back row, aisle seat in the middle of the stand?

I'll be checking where i stand tomorrow night to take a note of the seat, incase this happens.

Yeah that is the one! it took me a few hme games to find this seat and I like it there!

It's just this season I have left the pub 15 minutes earlier to go along and get "my" seat. I was there for 7.20 on Wed and that row was pretty much filled and I had to stand at the end of it. Just bugged me and i have know right to say"that's my seat".

Would be great if it could be a thing, I know in JHS you couldn't reserve a seat in the old shed end but it is something that needs to be looked at and changedimo anyway!

Right rant over sorry! Next season will be great!

Why can't the cost be cheaper, or at least stay the same, seeing as we'll be earning a lot more?

Costs (mainly players' salaries I'd imagine) will go up.

I'll definitely renew now the 12-12-18 nonsense has been binned - would probably have renewed anyway but it was sowing a seed of doubt in my mind. Possibly getting a bit ahead of myself though as still need to confirm promotion...

They may even offer me a reserved seat next season :) .

Would urge everyone that can spare the cash to buy a season ticket.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Yeah that is the one! it took me a few hme games to find this seat and I like it there!

It's just this season I have left the pub 15 minutes earlier to go along and get "my" seat. I was there for 7.20 on Wed and that row was pretty much filled and I had to stand at the end of it. Just bugged me and i have know right to say"that's my seat".

Would be great if it could be a thing, I know in JHS you couldn't reserve a seat in the old shed end but it is something that needs to be looked at and changedimo anyway!

Right rant over sorry! Next season will be great!

I kinda hope that they DON'T allocate specific seats. I've had the same seat on my seasony in the JHS since it opened - don't think I have sat on it once in all those years. Delighted, this year, to have moved to the Shed for most games. I go with the same folk every week, but there are always a few occassionals. Also some guys (myself included) who bring their weans some weeks and sit in the JHS, but prefer the shed when unencumbered.

Do you think that it will often be so full that there will be any problems? If not, I can't be bothered with the "excuse me - I think you'll find that that is my seat!".

If someone does desperately want a particular seat, just get in a few minutes early?

Come to think of it, there were 5 of us sharing 4 "seats" on Wed. Suits me - just pile on in!

I kinda hope that they DON'T allocate specific seats. I've had the same seat on my seasony in the JHS since it opened - don't think I have sat on it once in all those years. Delighted, this year, to have moved to the Shed for most games. I go with the same folk every week, but there are always a few occassionals. Also some guys (myself included) who bring their weans some weeks and sit in the JHS, but prefer the shed when unencumbered.

Do you think that it will often be so full that there will be any problems? If not, I can't be bothered with the "excuse me - I think you'll find that that is my seat!".

If someone does desperately want a particular seat, just get in a few minutes early?

I never bring anyone to the game and go with the same person each week. So 2 seats together reserved is fine for me.

I arrived 25 minutes early on Wednesday presuming that would be enough time to get "my seat" but it wasn't.

I can see the argument against reserving seats however I pay my money upfront before the season starts, i should be able to reserve the seat I want.

I liked the organised chaos against Morton in the North Stand with no reserved seating, plus it won't be anywhere near as busy as that for the vast majority of games next season. Organising season tickets beside your mates is a total pain in the hole, not everyone I go with has an ST so what about them, etc.

Also, charge away fans exactly what they charge us in the Main Stand, that would be a very good principled stance to take I feel.

I liked the organised chaos against Morton in the North Stand with no reserved seating, plus it won't be anywhere near as busy as that for the vast majority of games next season. Organising season tickets beside your mates is a total pain in the hole, not everyone I go with has an ST so what about them, etc.

Also, charge away fans exactly what they charge us in the Main Stand, that would be a very good principled stance to take I feel.

If there are four of you with season tickets, book seats 1, 3, 5, and 7 in a row. I doubt anybody will reserve seats 2, 4 or 6 knowing that they'd be sitting themselves. If only four of you turn up, you can choose which four seats you occupy, if all seven of you turn up, the spaces are there.

I really, really hope that the club do not resort to the various underhand means so well publicised, by which many SPL clubs have ripped of visiting supporters. I know Sellick do it, but that hardly justifies it. At the end of the day visiting supporters in the main are just ordinary people like us, so especially at a time when the game is in so much trouble I think it is incumbent on all clubs to do their damnedest to attract supporters to the game instead of chasing them away. On a similar vein, I think charging much more than £300 to watch not particularly great football sitting in the cold and/or p*ssing wet is without doubt taking the p*ss. Leave that to the Sellick family or to Sevco, I'm not trying to be idealist here, I just think the club has to build on the goodwill it has earned this year on and off the park such as the One Thistle iniative, and not throw it away as it has done so often in the past.

No more free U16s for away fans unless reciprocated.

In principle I'd agree but a commercial decision might be to keep it. Away supporters with kids might not turn up so we could miss out on adult prices. I know I used to avoid away games where I was charged a full concession rate for my laddie. Some grounds would have parent & child gates etc and I would opt for these games instead.

If the away kids go free remains we need to shout it from the roof tops and perhaps stipulate to other clubs they must advertise it on their official websites