Just In

p12tfc

Damp squib. Crowd was poor even with it being midweek I thought, we started poor then once we got going we couldn't break Raith down. I've no idea why Raith were timewasting so much, it was embarrassing, the result was meaningless for them, you'd think they were defending a 1-0 lead and fighting for their lives no wonder about 50 of them turned up.

disappointing we didn't get the win, however a very dominant end of first half, and second half display. thought lawless made a real difference when he came on, fox's one on one save in the first half was top notch, thought welsh had a good game, dowie and balatoni very solid.

almost there, one more point

• Like 2

I'm not that disappointed. We have effectively won the league but are delaying the inevitable celebrations to ensure another big crowd against Dunfermline. I'm enjoying this and happy to have it last a bit longer!

I hope the presentation can wait until the Dunfermline game, even if we win it outright at Falkirk.

I thought Raith played with a fair bit of pride tonight and didn't come to roll over for us. They seem a better side than their points tally suggests. Wasn't one of our better displays but wasn't terrible either. I don't feel I've much right to complain about much after witnessing last Wedneday's game, and what happened at Airdrie.

North Stand looked great again tonight. Hope we get to keep that going in the premier as it makes a world of a difference to the atmosphere.

• Like 2

Can't argue with what's been said already, awful opening 15/20 minutes when we could easily have been a couple of goals down. However we gradually took control of the game, without getting the goal to take the championship officially. Still, we played some nice football at times and didn't resort to lumping high balls.On the positive side Lawless looked lively when he came on, on the negative side set pieces in general were poor and corners in particular were rotten to be frank.Nonetheless, I'm not terribly disheartened, would have been nice to win it tonight, but it does keep Falkirk as a meaningful game.

A bit of an anti-climax. Unbelievably fortunate to survive the three early one-on-one's - terrible miss by Graham and two great saves from Fox. We then played ok and made a lot of chances though not that many clear-cut opportunities. Lawless was excellent when he came on - would have preferred him to start rather than Craigen. Welsh was good in the first half but looked tired as the game went on. Craig looks as if he has shot his bolt.

Disappointed at the news about Erskine and Paton although it wasn't unexpected. We missed Paton's drive tonight and Erskine hasn't been the same since the elbow in the back in the first minute of the Ramsden's Final.

Might go to my first away game on Saturday.

Thought dowie was solid and fox saved us early on but poor passing throughout. Bannigan and welsh, yes I said it!, were good in the centre of the park.

Don't know how Doolan put over from a yard but hey ho.

Lawless was excellent and should replace forbes at falkirk.

Craig needs to be more active to stay onside.

Agree with much of what has been said. Raith pressed really high up the pitch in the first 20 minutes, which caused us a lot of problems. They couldn't sustain this though and we dominated the second half. I thought Bannigan and Welsh were excellent, as was Balatoni. Lawless was also superb when he came on - is he still carrying an injury? I assume so or he would be starting. I still have reservations about Craigan and Forbes though.

On to the next game...

First half hour and Rovers could have had the three points wrapped up barring some great keeping from Foxy. Started to get a grip on things in the last 15 minutes of the half as Erskine started getting involved. Thought Craigen was pretty quiet again. However Welshy and Banzo had good games. Dools should really have buried his chance. Another open goal missed against Rovers.

Second half it was all Thistle and we should have scored a couple but we didn't seem to get the breaks we maybe needed. Rovers were on the backfoot but McGurn played well as was my MotM. Would he be an option for back-up keeper in the SPL?

Anyway another point closer to the title and it could be a very good match at Falkirk as Holt seems to have got the Bairns playing some attractive football. Like Raith, they will be dangerkus opponents and we will have to play better to get a win or even the point required.

We Believe.

ArchiesArmy.

am very happy with the result for very selfish reasons !! due to work and doing a flitting on sat ive missed the last 3 games , gutted i had to miss the moron one , but happy that i'll be at Falkirk, and Firhill and if the gods will allow , I might be able to get a ticket for the dungbarton match which I'm certain will be all ticket again ( maybe they will allocate us more this time !! ) onwards and ever upwards , lets hear it for the champions !!!

after the first 15-20 mins we played well i thought, we could well have been 3-0 down by then though, foxy with a few excellent saves. we had a few decent chances, it looked easier for doolan to score instead of scooping it over, and for lawless to have a shot himself twice in the second half but he choose to lay it off and their keeper saved well. I wish our players would attack corner kicks instead of standing waiting for something to hit them. the singing was good in the north stand but it still felt a bit flat, apart from the guys at the back no-one else seemed to join in, dunno if that was the nerves or whatever. it didn't feel like a championship winning game either, Saturday will be better. its another point and another clean sheet, heading to Falkirk who have shipped 7 goals in their last 2 games. the oh maryhill song and the 'let shaggy have a go too' was funny as hell! roll on Saturday.

Graham would be a decent capture. Hope the rumours have some substance.

Not bad at this level. Fluffed his early chance and did little after that, imo. Might be worth a squad place if based on his goal tally and physical prescence.

Damp squib. Crowd was poor even with it being midweek I thought, we started poor then once we got going we couldn't break Raith down. I've no idea why Raith were timewasting so much, it was embarrassing, the result was meaningless for them, you'd think they were defending a 1-0 lead and fighting for their lives no wonder about 50 of them turned up.

According to BBC crowd was : 4,963 I wish we had poor attendances like that every home game

• Like 1

Welsh did well to settle us in the first half, and played well for an hour or so. By the end, though, he looked fookd. He's done really well recently, but if personnel allows, maybe a wee rest for next week and let him storm back in v. Dunfermline?

Wee word on Bannigan: and that wee word is...

wow.