One Point And How We Get It?

l'escardot

Given:

• Erskine and Paton have been well worked over from the back by Mcnamara
  • Erskine and Paton have been well naive to allow that photograph
  • and (worst of all) Erskine (in particular) and Paton have been very badly abused since (by Jags 'fans')via social media but
  • Erskine and Paton are still quad members and
  • We are not champions yet
  • We still need one point

should Archie and can Archie still play them on Saturday? (okay play Erskine)

Given:

• Erskine and Paton have been well worked over from the back by Mcnamara
  • Erskine and Paton have been well naive to allow that photograph
  • and (worst of all) Erskine (in particular) and Paton have been very badly abused since (by Jags 'fans')via social media but
  • Erskine and Paton are still quad members and
  • We are not champions yet
  • We still need one point

should Archie and can Archie still play them on Saturday? (okay play Erskine)

Yes the best 11 should start

Yesterday's announcement should make no difference. Hope they both play again. Thistle players til the end of the season, and in the long run they'll be remembered as two of the stars in an outstanding team. Much like Archie and Shaggie are now.

Play them...they are part of the reason(and a mighty big part) why the league will be ours.

They deserve to enjoy the celebrations same as the rest of us.

After that...we all move on.

Totally agree with you on this one.

They are two massive contributing factors why we are where we are today.

The lads deserve to enjoy the day and celebrations with their team mates after all they have grafted all season for it.

To try to deny them any part in the celebrations or playing in the run just shows a pathetic level of pettiness.

• Like 1

Maybe a bit controversial and dramatic here but before the ink was dry on they contracts they were already the enemy. Sure they've served us well and deserve credit and thanks for their efforts but if it were up to me I'd post them their medals and leave the celebrating to those who want to be at fir-hill.

I hope they play. They are team players of note in a smashing 2013 team.

I hope Erskine scores another wonder goal. (actually several)

I hope the fans show their appreciation / real class.

One Thistle .... should mean we all support the entire side who have taken us on a rare journey this year.

Next year the gloves will be off ... same as is usual.

Play them...they are part of the reason(and a mighty big part) why the league will be ours.

They deserve to enjoy the celebrations same as the rest of us.

After that...we all move on.

Agree with this. I want to see us put our best team out between now and the end of the season. Giving guys a chance to prove themselves in meaningless games is pointless. Erskine and Paton earned this title as much as anyone and to freeze them out now would be embarrassing, thankfully I have full faith that Archie will do no such thing. I can't remember what thread it was on but a few suggestions Paton shouldn't lift the trophy if we win it, again I think that would be petty and embarrassing, he's earned the captaincy and been a huge part of this team. If he doesn't feel comfortable doing it for whatever reason then fair enough but it should be his call. They are both Partick Thistle players this season and they deserve our gratitude and respect for their contribution to this club.

• Like 1